Fanfic - Max/Liz
"The Boatman"
Part 2
by Adian
Disclaimer: Characters created by Melinda Metz/ Jason Katims (I only own the characters I create.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Author's Note: I was supposed to be writing a mythology paper and this is what happened. I just put this out there never expecting anyone to like it. This wasn’t supposed to go any farther than part one.
How can I keep the rest of my family safe? Or together? Some leader I am I don’t know what to do. In my heart I know his death was related to us in some way. The humans haven’t blamed us but the distance is growing with the silence.

How do I break the silence? Isabel has withdrawn from everyone blaming herself. Kyle says nothing but avoids us like the plague. Maria is the only one who cries but now with fear in her eyes.

Liz is dead inside. All I can see in her eyes is defeat and resignation. She seems to be waiting for the inevitable. I just don’t know what it is. I want to talk to her but I don’t know how. She goes through the motions never saying a word.

Why does Max continue to torture us like this? Maria and I hold onto each other never wanting to let go. Only Maria’s soft cries break the silence. Isabel leans against the same rock looking into the same sky for answers she will never find. Tess doesn’t really care but “comforts” and “encourages” Max to be the leader.

And Liz stands in the same spot at the edge of the cliff looking at the water. She always keeps her back turned to all of us. Liz is rigid in her stance never betraying a flicker of movement at anything said. She knows something but won’t speak a word.

Yet another meeting at the cliffs dwelling on Alex’s death. Was it an accident or not. It is all Max seems to think about. I want to know if Alex knew how much I truly loved him. The time I wasted because of fear. He saw through the façade and loved me unconditionally. I was so scared I didn’t know how to love. I pushed him away hurt him so many times.

I never expected to receive the one thing I craved and feared the most…love.

“Max I think we’ve had enough for today let’s go home.” I help Maria to stand. I need to get her out of here. In the background I can hear Max calling Liz’s name. She stands there ignoring him. Maria whispers, “something’s wrong.” She begins to move towards her.

“Lizzie?”

The cliff where all hope died. I listen to the wind blow. Ravens cry my name.

“Liz”

The summons has arrived. Silver in hand I become one with the wind waiting for the water’s sweet kiss.

Everything appears in slow motion. Liz dives off the cliff. I run as if I could catch her. Her name echoes through my mind with everyone’s cries. I stand at the cliff’s edge helpless watching her in a perfect swan dive.

The cliff where all hope died. I listen to the wind blow carrying the raven’s cries.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.