FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Power of Truth"
Part 3
by Cara
Disclaimer: Hello! If I owned Roswell, Max and Liz would be back together by now!
Summary: Okay...you know what. My last summery really sucked! Will someone please summarize this for me!?! Please?!? Anyway...it is still like 3 or 4 hours after Max in the City I know that they were in New York for Thanksgiving...but we'll just say it takes forever to drive back!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback. I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've had major writers block and I just kinda forgot that I was writing a fic! Seriously. I feel like a dork. But anyways. I'll try and get part 5 out before I leave for Arizona on the 27th. And Feed me! Okay. And also. I want to try and tie this into "A Roswell Christmas Carol". I swear I've watched that like 20 times. It's my favorite now. So just be aware that this story will turn out to be in the middle of ARCC during future parts.
Liz was fast asleep in bed, when her fatigue suddenly passed. She pulled her arms back in the covers and rolled over on her back. She still had a bit of a fever that seemed to keep getting stronger. She shook it off as the flu that was going around, and tried to go back to sleep.

********

Everyone held their breaths as Max turned a deep shade of red. A minute later, Maria looked at her watch. "I am so sorry, Max." Everyone in the room looked back and forth at each other with sympathy in their eyes. A tear rolled down Max's cheek.

"I've got to go see Liz." Max turned and ran towards the back of the cafe, and ran up the stairs to Liz's room. He slowly opened the door and shut it carefully. He made his way over to Liz's bed, and sat next to her. His hand reached out over her head, to tuck a runaway strand of hair that had fallen over her beautiful face. Max lost it, and began to cry uncontrollably.

Liz sensed Max in her room and spoke out to him. "Max?" Max looked at her lovingly, her eyes still closed. "What's wrong, Max? Are you crying?" Max stretched his body out and laid next to Liz. Liz curled up and laid her head on his chest. He wrapped his strong arms around her.

"Oh, Liz." Max started crying again. "Tess isn't my bride. She isn't my destiny."

"What are you talking about?" A thousand thoughts were running through Liz's mind, as she hung on to Max even tighter. "I heard your mother say it."

"Liz. Tess was a decoy. My mother sent her down here to protect the real queen, who's powers are just developing now. She sent down four of the Royal Court, including Tess. Tess has this thing. It like tells who your real mate is, by like your color. We've already done the other three. It turns out that Kyle and Tess are ment to be, and so are Isabel and Alex, and Maria and Michael."

"I don't understand. You mean that Maria, Alex and Kyle are like you guys? I don't understand how you know this."

"When we hit this button, they all turned colors with a light force. Tess' mate was yellow, Isabel's was blue, and Michael's was green. Kyle turned yellow, Alex turned blue and Maria turned green."

"What about you, Max?" Max was silent for a long time.

"We already hit my button. I turned red, and I came up here to you, but you're not red. Liz. My heart is breaking. I can't lose you again. I lost you with Kyle, and now I have to lose you with this! I'll never be able to stop loving you!" Max was shaking, he was so upset. Liz was hurt that she wasn't meant for Max. She couldn't take the lies anymore.

"Max. You never lost me with Kyle. I never slept with him. It was a set up. You made me do it. You came to me from 14 years in the future, saying how Tess felt so alienated that she left the group. Then the skins attacked and you guys weren't as strong without her. Everyone died, Max. Isabel and Michael were dead when you left to go back in the past. It was the end of the world. The only chance that I had to prevent it, was to make you fall out of love with me. But I guess it didn't work."

"It will never work, Liz. I love you way too much." Max nuzzled his face to her neck.

"Even with this new queen that you'll have to find? Max. You have to find her. If she's gonna be glowing red, someone might suspect something." A tear rolled down Liz's face. She still had yet to open her eyes. She didn't know why she hadn't, though.

"Liz. I'll always love you. Look at me, please." Liz moved her face towards Max's voice and slowly opened her eyes. "Oh my God!"

Liz's eyes had turned red. "What is it, Max?"

"You're...you're eyes are bright red."

"No they're not. They feel fine. Stop playing with me." She reached over to her night table for her mirror, only to be stopped short by a sharp pain in her stomach. All of the sudden, the whole room turned red, and Max was blown through the door from the energy waves. All Max could hear was Liz' s screams. He gazed through the door, to see Liz floating over her bed, turning all shades of red, silver and gold.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.