FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Share"
Part 3
by Sophie
Disclaimer: Don't own it, don't sue me. It's a give-give situation.
Summary: Max runs after Liz after Destiny
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Maria, Tess and Liz shared a questioning look.

"Oh… my… god…, what just happened here?"

"I don't know. I was so angry, after Tess, that when I waved my hand,… I've felt an energy burst leaving me."

"What do you mean, Liz? You have powers too?"

" I don't know, Maria. I don't understand myself."

" No, wait, it can't be. You're human."

"Wait a minute, let's think this through. Liz, when you and Max were…, well you know, did you used protection. You know, a condom?"

"No, I'm on the pill that makes 6 months. I didn't thought that it would even happen after the day that I ran away from the cave."

In disbelief, Tess aswered: "No wait, it can't be. Who has the book about us, Maria?"

"I think I saw it at Michael's place. I'm not sure."

"I've got to talk him."

"Wow, Liz, this is like monumental. You're a Czechozlovakian now."

"Don't jump to any unthinkable conclusion. It could've been just an accident, you know."

"Yeah right, a glass on the middle of a table 2 meters away from you just collapsed on the wall by chance. The work of the wind?, I don't think so!"

"Come on Maria. People are demanding alien themed greasy food, and God!, it's our job to serve it, remember?

"Oh really funny. Umm, but it looks like I'm gonna be alone to serve it. Your prince in shining armor has arrived, milady. Look who's here."

Liz couldn't hide anymore her so shy "I-just-had-sex-with-the-most-amazing-guy-in-the-universe" kind of smile. When Max walked in, she was automaticly drawn to him. Like she had to be close to him, like she needed him for her survival.

"Hi,sweetheart! How are you doing? Feelin' fine, you're alright? Max was almost at the top of his protectiveness after that night.

"I'm better now."

"What? What's wrong? Are you all right?" "No, Max. I'm better because you're here."

Max felt so relieved when his angel reassured him.

Maria interrupted the intense moment of eyes gazing between Liz and Max.

"Goo Goo sessions, Liz." Maria didn't want to end up with disgusted customers in her hands.

Liz grabbed Max's hand and looked at him again in an amazed gaze.

*How can a guy can be so wonderful, so beautiful, so amazing, and so SEXY?*

"You'll be able to finish the shift alone?"

"Yes, no problemos, sis. Go, run away with your man."

"Thank you. Come on, Max let's go upstairs."

"Lead the way, my love."

Upstairs, Max couldn't hold his eager to have Liz near him. He took her hand and he pulled her close.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I've got to…"Max cut her off.

"You're not going anywhere."

"But, Max…"

"Nuh-uh, you can only go somewhere we can be close."

"Now, that's doable." Max cupped Liz's face with his two hands and rushed to get once again the wonderful taste that was the one on her lips. Once again, they got caught up in one of their intense make out sessions.

"Uh, um. Wow, but we've got to talk first. I know we're pretty young, Liz and we just came back together and everything, but there is something I've got to ask Liz. I got this yesterday for you at Alberquerque."

Max kneeled on one knee and took a little black box out of his pocket. Then he took Liz's hand.

"Elizabeth Ann Parker, would you do me the honor of being the lawful wedded wife of the most happy man on earth there is?"

As Max did his request to Liz, her eye's filled with tears; not of pain or sadness, but of happiness. An happiness she couldn't contain anymore.

"Oh god Max. Of course, Max. I say YES, YES."

Max took Liz in his strong arm and gently said "I'm not letting you go again."

"What is happening here?"

"Mom, Dad! What are you doing here?"

"Well, we live here too." Jeff answered, who visualy had his mind racing.

" What exactly did you hear?"

"Max asked you to marry him and you said YES?" Nancy was still unable to make up the puzzle.

"Well, um…"

Knowing that Liz couldn't explain anything, Max took over.

"Mr. And Mrs. Parker, I know I'm young and I don't have a steady job but Liz is everything for me. She's more important to me than life itself. When she's not near, I can't breathe and the world goes upside down. I live to make her happy. When I fall asleep, I think about her and when I'm sleeping I dream about her and I wake up knowing that I'll see her. I need her in my life. I can't think of the day I won't be able to see her."

Max said all those things but it wasn't even the half of what he was feeling for Liz. When it came to her, Max lost all balance, judgement and control he was used to have. All he knew it's that she was essential to his life. The scent of her hair was his drug, the way she was with him was driving crazy, her smile was everything he lived to see every day. Nobody could try to talk the only thing he needed to live away from him.

Liz was amazed to hear those confessions from Max's heart. Her heart did double-back flip and skept a double beat. She looked up to Max and she saw that everything he felt was way much bigger from what he just said.

' Max…Can you ever forgive?' she thought.

'You already made me.' Max thought back

She didn't understand what just happened but she had witnessed the things way much creppy than that.

"Mom, Dad like Max said we're young but we'll wait until the end of our senior year. We're gonna go to the same university and we won't rush into anything."

Jeff was pretty confident in Liz's judgement, so he agreed with their decision.

"I don't know about you honey, but I approve with their decision. I think they're mature enough to know what they're in for."

"Jeff, Lizzy, we'll talk about it later. We've got to a lot to absorb right now. Max, tell your parents to come over tonight to diner and we'll talk about it. All right?"

"Sure, Mrs. Parker. (To Liz) Well, I've got to go. I'll call you later."

"We'll go check downstairs if everything's all right. So see you later, kids."

"Bye Mom and Dad."

"Finally alone." Liz threw herself in Max's arm. He embraced her like he'll never let her go again. Not for a week, a day, never again.

"Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerais." Max sang cradling Liz in his arms.

"It's french, right? "I loved you, I love you and I'll love you.", right? Who is this from?

"It's a french singer, Francis Cabrel. When I heard it, it was printed in my mind, just like you. When I think about it, I think of you."

"I love you too, my charming prince in shining armor."

They've kissed sweetly at first but their kisses changed into expression of their deep love. Forgetting that the whole world existed, they went on the couch and started to make out.

"Um… Max? My parents could be back any seconds now." "Oh yeah… let's go somewhere else quiet." "The desert?" "Good idea! Guess I won't have to call you then."

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.