FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Walls Come Crumbling Down"
Part 6
by FordonBuffy44
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the writers, producers or cast of Roswell. I only wish I did.
Summary: Secrets and emotions are revealed as Max and Liz give in to their feelings for each other.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the follow up to my first story Not So Secret Admirer and the sequel to that Get in the Game. Reading them before this would probably be wise. Feedback Please!
Mr. and Mrs. Parker hovered around Liz's bed, utterly confused by what they were calling their daughter's sudden illness. She'd rushed through the back door, told them she couldn't work today and run up the stairs to her bedroom. That's when they heard the vomiting.

"Lizzie, sweetheart - you okay?" her father had asked worriedly and Liz had managed a feeble response. "I'll bring you up some soup, okay?" he had offered, but as the night went on he realized that sleep and chicken soup wasn't going to help Liz. She had no fever, yet it was impossible to ignore all the things plaguing her.

Liz hadn't been able to sleep. She'd run up to her room, shut the door and collapsed on her bed. It was all some incredibly horrible twisted dream - no, a nightmare. Max. An alien. She said it to herself again and like she had when he'd told her, she laughed. It sounded too ridiculous.

Too ridiculous to even say or to think about. She was overcome by drowsiness but she was afraid to close her eyes. She knew it was silly, but she couldn't help but think things. Think and remember that Max had come to her house twice before in the middle of the night. She thought back to those two times. One had been last month, the other had been hardly twenty-four hours ago. She thought back to the visions she'd seen. The symbols, but they were muddled with all the things she had felt. All of Max's feelings.

*The 1947 crash...I was in it* And a wave of nausea swept over her as she raced ino the bathroom.

Liz awoke in a cold sweat. She glanced over at the clock - it read 3:15. She'd allowed herself to fall asleep and her sleep had been plagued with the dreams she had feared. Dreams of Max. Her skin was glistening with sweat and she shivered as she swung her legs over the side of the bed. She had to shower - had to get rid of this feeling that had overcome her. Careful and quiet, so as to not wake her parents, she crept down the hallway to the bathroom. Her breathing was still quick and shallow and she was taking deep breaths to help calm herself down. She turned the water on hot. Hot enough to shock her back into consciousness, into reality. She had been walking around in a daze since she'd fled from Max in the jeep. There was no such thing as aliens, she told herself - but she knew she was lying to herself. Like she'd lied to herself earlier when she'd told herself she had no feelings for Max. She remembered the way Max had told her, the sincerity in his eyes. Her mind drifted back to their "first date" - if you could call it that. The night they'd walked around Roswell for three hours. "So do you actually believe in aliens?" he had asked, smiling only slightly. The way he'd always talked to her about the sky - about the stars. She let the water run down her body as she closer her eyes and ran her hands through her hair. When she opened them, Max was standing in the doorway - in his worn leather jacket and navy blue jeans. "What do you want?" she'd asked aloud, her voice wavering.

"You," came the low response. Liz blinked twice and took a deep breath. There was no one at the door. It was a clear blue day and the sun shone down brightly on everything. On Liz's hair - so beautiful and soft Max reached out and touched it. They were standing close together, in front of the reservoir pools where Max had taken her once before. He was dressed in his brown leather jacket and navy blue jans. He tenderly took her face in his hands and grazed her cheek with his thumb.

"Max," she gazed up at him, but he cut her off.

"Shhh..." he edged closer to her. "You have to know who to trust..." he whispered before he moved in and kissed her softly.

The only thing she felt at that moment was Max, and he was focused solely on her. It was the perfect kiss -gentle, yet passionate. The kind of kiss that only comes along once in a lifetime. The kind of kiss that feels like heaven. And suddenly the spectacular kiss was broken apart. A man in a suit jerked Max away from her. They pinned his arms behind his back and led him toward the black car that they had arrived in.

"Max!! No, Max!!!" Liz cried, but two other men contained her. "Let him go!!" she continued to scream and wail for him as the two men forced him into the car. "Max - no!!" she screamed loudly as the doors slammed shut and the car sped away.

Liz sprang up from her bed with a start and back in his bed, in his room - five blocks away - Max's eyes flashed open in fear as he awoke from his nightmare. He knew Liz had dreamed it too.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.