FanFic - Max/Liz
"Walking Away"
Part 2
by Kippy
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the show, actors, writers, producers, network, or characters in Roswell. I only wish I did. The song used in Part I is "Fly" by Radford. The song used in Part II is "Walking Away" by Pound and the song used in Part III is "I'll Remember You" by Sophie Zelmani.
Summary: Plagued by troubling thoughts about his identity, Max ends his relationship with Liz
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Fourth installment of my series ("Not So Secret Admirer", "Get in the Game", "The Walls Come Crumbling Down".
Everything will change
Memories will fade
Don't throw your pictures away

From the only window in her room Liz looked out across her balcony and watched his dark figure move slowly down the street and away from her. He had paused several times, and leaned down, resting his hands on his knees - like a person would after they had run a marathon, like someone struggling to breathe. But then he would keep walking. The pictures of she and Max, of their trip to Artesia, rested on her dresser - the one of her and him was framed and rested right next to her bed.

And if I had it I'd give it all to you
I'd give it up
So when you're
Alone in your prayer
Saying this isn't fair
I hope you don't think
I really don't care

She didn't budge until his figure was completely swallowed by the darkness and even then she didn't move. Not until it actually sunk into her head that Max had broken up with her. He had walked away from her. She dragged her feet slowly over to her bed and sat down, almost in a daze.

Much the same state Max was in walking home. Except he was more broken inside over what he'd done than she could ever be. He just wished he could let her know why he'd done it. He wished more than anything in the world that he could do something to make her okay, that he could change himself somehow for her, to stop her from feeling the way he knew she did right now. But just being who he was would hurt her.

I'm drowning
I'm drowning and you're telling me to breathe
And you're blind
Oh, and unkind
Is that really you?

Liz sat, seeming more dead than alive, on her bed. Leaning back against her pillow she sat with the same look of shock, of disbelief, of hurt that she had when Max had first said those words to her. It has to end...you and me. She couldn't dismiss the fact that he had walked away from her and from this. He'd seemed as dead as she felt right now when he'd said those words. It hadn't seemed like him at all. The way he hadn't even offered an explanation. She fought to hold back the tears and keep herself from crying. She had gotten on without Max for sixteen years, she had lived her life without him before. She could do this.

You're runnin' away no, no, no
From me
I'm trying to keep you
From walkin' away from me
And I wonder
And I can't hear you anymore
And I wonder
And I can't see...
*Why you go walking from me*

And she couldn't fight back the tears anymore. She looked to the smiling picture of she and Max and sobbed. She sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

There's no use to keep trying
When you're walking away from me
Well I feel like I'm dying
And you're walking away from me

She drew her knees to her body and lowered her head on them. She cried and cried, and found herself unable to stop the sobs that shook her body. She didn't bother to grab a tissue, didn't bother to wipe the tears that dripped down her face and dampened her bed. She felt too weak to do anything. It was like the life had been drained from her body. All she could do was cry and she didn't stop crying until her eyes finally closed, her head fell back onto the pillow and she fell asleep.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.