FanFic - Max/Liz
"Watching the Door"
Part 1
by Brooke
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Future Fic about Max and Liz.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
The bright morning sun filtered in through thin curtains adorning the small window and Liz groaned at the very thought that the night was over. She turned over on her side and resisted opening her eyes, afraid that it would only be a dream. Opening one eye slightly, Liz peeked out over the sheet.

He was still there.

Sighing happily, Liz opened both of her eyes and stared at him sleeping. His eyes were shut, but a curious grin graced his lips as he lie, still holding her in his arms. Liz traced her fingers across his jaw line and then to his cheek, and then down to his neck. As if in response, he opened his eyes slowly and smiled at her.

"Good morning..." Liz whispered softly into the morning air. He didn't say a word back, but looked at her, the smile never once fading from his face.

They lay there for what seemed like hours, but still too short a time for either one of them, until he gently moved away from her. He turned away from her and swung his legs over the side of the bed, and somehow, she knew the smile was fading from his face.

Liz sat up, still clinging to the sheet, and called out his name as he stood up to dress. He turned to look at her again, and for a moment they just stood in the moment, looking at one another, studying each others' faces so as not to forget anything.

She watched as he sat down slowly on the bed and took her hands in his. He looked down at them, and seemed to be studying and remembering every crease.

"I don't know what to say..." Liz breathed out as a single tear escaped her eye.

He continued caressing her hands with his as he spoke softly, "You don't have to say anything.

He replaced her hands back down on the bed and stood up slowly. He dressed slowly and when he was finished, he sat back down beside her and looked into her eyes while taking her tender face in his hands.

"I love you..." he whispered softly. She brought her hands up to grasp his desperately, for she knew it wouldn't be long now. She reached out to him and he took her in his arms feircely, trying to imprint the way she felt in his memory forever.

"I love you, too, Max..." she managed to say before tears took her voice.

They sat there for only moments longer, and spoke words to each other that the other already knew, and then, he was gone. And Liz was left, watching the door where he left.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.