FanFic - Max/Liz
"When Dreams Become Reality"
Part 10
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ROSWELL OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY USE THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
The bell rang and Liz walked down the hallway to her locker. She looked over sadly at not seeing Maria. I hope she's ok. I really do. She started to pull out her books and Serena walked up to her.

"Hey Liz!"

"Hey Serena." She looked at her, remembering when she ran after Max that day at the Crashdown.

"What. I needed to tell him something. That's why I ran after him that way. I heard you call me...but, it was so important it couldn't wait. That's why I ran after him. I know that's what you were thinking."

"Actually, I've had him on my mind all night. I had trouble sleeping."

"Nightmares again?"

"I don't know. I mean, after what you told me, about what happened and what we caused, and how things can change. I'm not sure if I can consider it a nightmare anymore."

"I'm sorry. I only told you because Max's appearance from the future might have confused you, so I thought you might want an explanation."

"No! I'm glad you told me really. It's just that Alex called me yesterday, and asked for Maria, and I had to tell him she was missing. You know the last thing he needs while on vacation is to find out one of his best friends has been 'abducted'."

The girls spoke for a little while and the second bell rang. They picked up their things and decided to meet at the Crashdown after school to talk some more. Liz started walking to class but was grabbed in by a strong hand into the eraser room.

"Max?!"

"Are you all caught up in your next class?"

"I think so, why? What's this all about?" Max reached over to the door and locked it.

"I need to show you something. It's really important."

"I don't think I can Max."

"Liz please." She looked at him suspiciously.

"How do I know you're Max? I mean, the real Max, not some shape-shifting alien?" He looked at her and slightly smiled. Then he grabbed her and kissed her. It was exactly the chance he had been waiting for. To show her what he had wanted to tell her but couldn't put into words.

³FLASH³ ³ Serena sat on Max's bed looking a little tired and they spoke. It seemed to be quite an intriguing conversation because Max's eyes were wide with interest. Liz felt a couple of his emotions, ranging from confusion to relief. Then, she saw the vision that Serena had helped Max see. Future Max went through the Granolith and she saw the events of the planet. Then she saw what happened to her with Max and future Max and then Kyle.³

Liz pulled away from the kiss abruptly and found herself slightly wide mouthed and her eyes completely attached to Max's. He looked intently to see some reaction on her face, but found the same blank expression.

"I was hoping you could help me understand all of this. I mean, that's why I spoke to you yesterday night the way I did. Sometimes I feel like yelling because my frustration reaches a high point at feeling like everyday we grow further apart."

"Max... I...we're not together."

"I know that. And you know that. But what I don't think you've asked yourself is, after all of this is done, will you leaving me have really been worth it? You're my first love Liz. There could never be another you."

Liz's eyes grew wider at the familiar statement. She had said the same exact words to future Max and now regretted feeling the way she was.

"Come on, there's something I wanna show you."

The two headed out of the school and into the jeep. They drove for a while and found themselves at the pod chamber. She looked at him and he simply looked ahead, staring at the area. He realized he hadn't been there with her since the breakup. They stepped out of the jeep and into the chamber. He directed her into on of the pods and without a word they crawled into the other side. Two metallic looking doors opened and inside stood the Granolith. Liz looked on amazed at the gigantic figure. She walked around it a couple of times as Max stood at the entrance.

"So this is the..."

"Yea. The Granolith."

"It's... big."

"It's supposed to be. There are four of us to take care of."

"So what am I doing here Max? Why did you want to bring me here?"

"Well, it's a strong machine. We know that it's a rejuvenating machine, but lately, I've had these dreams. Like maybe, it does more." Liz looked at Max suspiciously, fearing he was going to bring up her flashes with future Max.

"What more do you think it can do?"

"I'm not sure. I was hoping you could help me with that."

"How could I help you if this is only the first time I've even seen it?" Max held her hand and touched the side of the Granolith. The chemical reaction was a bright green glow. He had learned how to make shields in the summer, and Liz's presence enhanced his power. The glow surrounded them and then the Granolith and eventually the room. Suddenly, Serena walked into the room. She saw Max and Liz and closed her eyes. It seemed like for a second everything slowed down. Then everything came to a complete stop. She concentrated hard and they were simply being transported to another time and place. They all found themselves on Liz's balcony, about a month before.

"Max...where are we? What happened?"

"I'm...I'm not sure."

"This is my house! And...that's ME!!!"

They stood by the side of the balcony and were about to go inside the room when Liz stopped them.

"OH NO! I can't go in there!"

"What are you talking about? Why not?"

"I'm gonna blow myself up or something!"

"What?!!??"

"This was...this was...oh my GOD!" A bright light began to shine to their left, around the center of the balcony. Suddenly, future Max showed up. They just stared at him. Liz closed her eyes. Oh great. This is just great. I can't watch this. He walked into her room and she ran away in confusion.

"I know this." Liz looked at Max, slightly startled.

"Max? What are you talking about?"

"This was the night I serenaded you." She looked at him remembering the events just as clearly herself.

"Yea. I know. With your little band." They looked at each other and laughed.

"So what? Hey...leave me alone. It took me like 3 weeks to learn those lyrics."

"Yea, I know." She stopped and then realized she had caught herself in a mandatory explanation.

"How would you know? We barely talked after." They watched as the other Liz walked out into the balcony. They walked back and gave her space as the other long haired Max came and hid by the wall. They listened to some of their conversation and then Max heard it. He heard him say the same exact thing he had just said. That's when he realized why Liz had been acting so strange.

"That's me. And that down there on the sidewalk singing is me. And I'm standing here with you. Ok...that's a whole lot of me." She looked at him and smiled.

"I know what you mean."

"So if we just had the power to come back here... he had the power to come back from the future. Right?"

"I guess."

"What about this scene? Is this one familiar to you?" He grabbed her hand and they were sent into some strange mind warp and seconds later they ended up in Congresswoman Whitaker's office. They stood in the back and saw future Max and past Liz at the glass doors looking across the street to see Tess. She was expecting Max in a plan to get them together. Max looked at them and remembered when he had burst in on her and kissed her.

"Max, can we go? I really don't want to be here."

"Why? Don't you think I want to know what's going on? I've tried to ask you. I knew it wasn't just any reason why you decided to sleep with Kyle..."

"MAX! Come on! Let's just go. Forget about it. You saw what you wanted to see. So there was a reason why I dumped you. We won't work! It just won't work!"

They stood and heard the other Max and Liz speak. She was asking what it was like for them in the future. Max heard his own answer and closed his eyes at the unexpected response.

"We were married at 19??"

"Max...this was in another time and place. Come on, be reasonable."

"So he's where you get the Romeo and Juliet idea from?"

"Max...he's YOU! You say it like it's some pronoun... he's the same person you are!"

"NO! He's not! You know why? Because I would never tell you to pull yourself away from me...that's why. Who is he? I don't even recognize him. I would never make you go through all of this." At this they both ended up in Liz's bedroom. Kyle was there. That was all Liz could take.

"Max! I want to leave! Please!" He looked at her and the tears that were beginning to accumulate in her eyes.

"You didn't sleep with him did you?"

"This is not the time! We need to go back!" She closed her eyes and held his hand remembering that she too has some power to do as she liked. Seconds later they were back at the Granolith chamber, only seconds had passed from their trips. Max looked down and then at Liz.

"Why did you lie to me? Do you have any idea what you did to me by telling me that lie about you and Kyle?" Liz felt helpless and slightly pressured. She hadn't expected this to happen.

"I have to go." Without saying good bye she walked out of the chamber and into the desert. Max stood alone in the pod chamber, looking around. He found the communicators and held them tight. She always runs away from me when we're here. He went out into the jeep and looked around.

"LIZ!!! Liz???"

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.