FanFic - Max/Liz
"When Dreams Become Reality"
Part 15
by Selena Santiago
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ROSWELL OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. I ONLY USE THIS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Liz climbed out of her window and onto her balcony seat. She pulled out her journal, the one she used to always write in. It's been a while. She picked up her pen and began to write, as she heard a slight call. She got up and looked down to see Max.

"Can I come up?"

"Sure." He climbed up and stood in front of Liz. The moment was slightly awkward, but Liz pulled back and sat in her seat.

"So what's up Max?"

"Umm... I came to see how you were doing. Make sure you were ok."

"Yea, I'm ok. Thanks."

"Oh no problem."

"Is that it?" Max looked at Liz with an intensity.

"I'm just glad you're ok... I was really worried about you. I kept thinking I was never going to see you again, and the only thing that kept me from sleeping was that I would never get to tell you what I felt. To fix things between us."

"It's ok Max. I mean, I'm here, and I'm ok. You don't have to worry."

"I know but... well, ever since Kyle and you... we haven't quite been the same. But I honestly think we're improving. Getting honest with each other."

"Right." Liz looked away from Max, afraid that she'd tell him what she was feeling, what she was thinking, although she knew she shouldn't.

"Liz, you didn't sleep with Kyle did you?"

"Max, we've gone over this...."

"I know you didn't. And I know that you thought you had to push me away. And I even know that we need each other right now. More than ever." Max cupped Liz's face. The rush of a flash beamed in them as they were involved in images of their love. Their kisses, their smiles, their looks. It all came bubbling to them as they held each other. Then Max kissed her. The images got stronger as she saw the Crashdown and the shooting that day. She saw the cave with the pods and when she left him. She saw future Max and they danced on her balcony. Then she saw her and Max's wedding. It hadn't happened, but they were both thinking about it as they kissed. As they pulled away, Liz looked sadly at Max.

"Don't even say it Liz. I don't care what anyone else says. We choose our own destiny, remember?" She smiled and nodded.

"Besides, I think Kyle has a thing for Tess." Liz looked over at Max surprised at his comment.

"Really?"

"Yea. Let's see. I mean, it seems our luck is getting better."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because two of my dreams have become... real. This being one of them."

"Dreams?"

"Yea. I know it's weird. But...."

"No, it's not weird at all. The past year was a dream come true for me, but this is real. And I guess in a way, I wanted you to come back."

"I love you." Liz smiled and kissed him again. All she could do was hope that things would work out better for them than they had. With Tess and Kyle possibly getting together, she had less to worry about. So she enjoyed every minute of Max she could.

"Liz?"

"Yea?"

"Have you studied for the Physics midterm? I've been kind of busy." They both laughed and she pulled out her book and notes. They studied until they fell asleep. Then Max woke up sometime in the middle of the night, put Liz to bed, and went home. He was climbing into his room when he heard Isabel. He ran to her room to see what was wrong. She was shaking violently, and sweating.

"Isabel wake up! It's ok. It's only a dream."

"Oh my God Max!" She clung to her brother and tried to calm down.

"Max, it was so... real."

"What was it?"

"Kavar... from our planet. Oh God, it was real, I'm telling you!"

"Isabel! What?"

"The end of the world."

~THE END~

Part 14 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.