FanFic - Max/Liz
"Yesterday's Letter"
Part 1
by RoswellPrincess
Disclaimer: Roswell and all it’s character’s belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims and all the other wonderful creators of our favorite characters! I’m just borrowing them! Don’t worry I’ll put them back just the way I found them. "Yesterday’s Letter" is from 98 Degrees’s new album "Revelation" and the song belongs to 98 Degrees and their producers and whoever owns that. Please don’t sue! I’m a poor high school student who pays lots of money for Show Choir funds therefore I’m poor!
Summary: Songfic, Max reflects. This is a companion piece to "I Try" which is Liz’s POV so please read that one too k!
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This story takes place the day after Destiny and it is in Max’s POV. FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!
I wrote a letter yesterday

Just trying to explain

Couldn't find the words to say

Cause you are so far away, so far away

I thought she knew. I thought she knew that she was my world. I told her, but it was to late. I feel like I’ve lost everything. Sure I have my sister and Michael, and even Tess, but the love I have for them can’t compare to my love for Liz. I wish she’d listen to me and come back. I need her.

I wrote a letter yesterday

It's so hard for me to face

That it had to end this way

But my love will never change,

will never change

Why did it have to end? What am I going to do? I keep telling myself that it’s not over. I say it’s just a bad dream Max soon you’ll wake up. But I never wake up. Please God just let me wake up! What did I do to deserve this? Why did Liz have to be at the pod chamber? If she had never been there then she never would have seen my mother and she’d still be with me.

When I search my soul to find the truth

About the love we shared

I wonder why you're no longer here

I wonder why she doubted me? I never wanted to hurt her. I just wanted to keep her safe. I can’t keep her safe if she won’t let me and what if something happens to Naseado and the FBI comes after me again. What if they really do hurt Liz, like Pierce said. I wanted to die when he showed me that picture of her.

You can just walk away

But I don't feel the same

My heart still beats for you, breaks for you, sinks for you

And those feelings will never fade

I can't hide my pain

I can never hide the way I feel for you

I still can’t get over it. She just walked away from me, like I meant nothing. I know she loves me. She told me in that bus after I was saved. Now she expects me to love Tess. Yeah right! I will never love Tess. I love Liz. I feel the tears start to fill my eyes and I try to blink them away. It’s no use. I let them fall.

I've been talking in my sleep

About the way it used to be

Girl I pray that you hear me

Then I'll see you in my dreams

Oh, in my dreams

I remember the day I told her I needed to take a step back. The hurt in her eyes was too much to bear. And then when she kissed me I almost didn’t go through with it. I wanted to kiss her back, but I was so stupid. I walked away from her. I left her. I guess, I deserve this. I hurt her now she hurts me.

Well I can't forget the words you said

To pull away from my life

And no matter what I'll carry you inside

Why did she have to love me? I saved her, thinking nothing of it. But that made her love me. I tried telling her that it could never be anything. Why couldn’t I have listened to myself? I never should have started anything with her. It just led to this.

You can just walk away

But I don't feel the same

My heart still beats for you, breaks for you, sinks for you

And those feelings will never fade

I can't hide my pain

I can never hide the way I feel for you

Now I’m alone. I can never be friends with Liz. We tried that. I don’t think I could control myself around her. When I see her all I want to do is hold her. I know that when I hold her nothing will go wrong.

Sooner or later you're gonna realize

That this type of love happens once in your life

So open your eyes girl

And see what we could be

Maybe she’ll come to her senses? Maybe she’ll realize that we can’t be apart. I mean what is she going to do without me. I know she needs me just as much as I need her. She can’t deny that she doesn’t love me. I know she does!

You can just walk away

But I don't feel the same

My heart still beats for you, breaks for you, sinks for you

And those feelings will never fade

I can't hide my pain

I can never hide the way I feel for you

I guess I’ll go to sleep now. I’ll dream about Liz and wake up to another day without her. It’ll get easier sooner or later. But I’ll never stop loving her. I’ll try to show her that in every way possible, so that maybe she’ll realize it and come back. I fall asleep with the possibility that she’ll come to her senses tomorrow. Tomorrow she’ll come back. Yeah tomorrow.

You can just walk away

But I don't feel the same

My heart still beats for you, breaks for you, sinks for you

And those feelings will never fade

I can't hide my pain

I can never hide the way I feel for you

THE END

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.