FanFic - Max/Liz
"Bumps in the Road"
Part 5
by Melissa
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with "Roswell" or the WB in any way. I am also not affiliated with the "Roswell High" book series by Melinda Metz. I have however received some greatly appreciated help from Bexter (a fellow poster and fan fiction writer)!
Summary: After "Missing" ... what if Liz never remembered the shooting happened or about Max saving her life?
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Liz was discharged from the hospital late in the morning. Maria was stopping by after school. Liz's mom had confirmed some of what Maria had said earlier, but Liz really didn't expect her mom to know that much. They hadn't been very close in the last couple of years, and Liz didn't always talk to her about private things. The one thing Mrs. Parker could confirm was that Liz and Kyle had indeed broken up a few weeks ago. She told Liz she really didn't understand why, because they seemed to be getting along so well. Her mom didn't mention Max Evans at all, so Liz thought it would be best not to mention it either. She would wait and ask Maria about him.

At around 3 PM, there was a knock at the door. It was Kyle, holding some balloons for Liz. "Hey, Liz. How are you feeling?" Now Liz really felt awkward, because she knew they broke up but she had no idea why. She gathered, from his current behavior, that she was the one who broke it off with him. If he dumped her, why would he bring her balloons. She didn't know what to say to him. "Look, Liz, your mom told me about your memory. She also told me you know we broke up a few weeks ago, but maybe we could, you know, try and start over. I've missed you and maybe we could use this to try and find our way back to each other." Liz didn't know what to say. She didn't even know why they broke up in the first place, so how could she know if she wanted to start over with him.

"Kyle, first of all thank you for the balloons. That was really sweet of you. And thanks for helping me yesterday. I was a little out of it." He came over and sat on the edge of the bed and he took her hand in his, but she gently pulled it away from him. "But I am still a little disoriented right now. I am still trying to reconcile the fact that I have basically lost two months of my life. I don't remember any of it yet, and the doctors said I might not get it all back. Now apparently we broke up for a good reason, because the last I remember, we were moving along pretty well. So I think I need a little time to try and sort things out first before I say yes. Can you understand that?"

He seemed hurt, so she tried to soothe him a little. "Maybe you can help me fill in some of the blanks. It might be hard to talk about, but maybe you could explain why we broke up in the first place."

His body tensed and he stood up from the bed. "Well, it all started with Max Evans and that day of the shooting …" "Shooting??? Who was shot???"

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 4 | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.