FanFic - Max/Liz
"Soulmates"
Part 5
by Sunny
Disclaimer: Um, please don't use unless you have my permission, thank you!
Summary: Max and Liz's children meet and try to uncover their parents mysterious past.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Part 5

Over the past four months, Jess, Jeremy, and I have become close friends. Jess still has a crush, and since I know he's my twin, we've become very familiar with each other.

"Hey Nat!" Jess says, without waiting for a reply she rushes on, "I was thinking, maybe we could have a sleep over, your place I hope, you know my brother." I nod, her brother is freaky for a ten year old, "Well anyway, I was thinking, since me, you, and Jeremy are all SO close, why don't we invite him too?" I stare at her, "Well, until like nine or something." A smile forms on my face, I nod.

"You've got it bad." I tell her, she just laughs.

"Maybe, but I think he likes you."

I try not to choke on my drink, I set it down on the cafeteria table. "No, way, he totally has a thing for you. Besides, he's like a brother to me." I say trying not to make it sound too obvious.

"Did I hear you say brother?" Jeremy says suddenly looking down at us innocently.

"Hey Jay." I say like I do everyday now that he sits with us at lunch.

"Hey Nay." He says back, "Hey Jess." He says smiling at Jess.

"Sit." I say and he does, next to me. "I meant." I gesture to Jess. Jess looks embarrassed and Jeremy just goes "Ok."

I roll my eyes. "Look, we were wondering if you'd like to come over to my house Saturday." I look him in the eye, "You can meet Mom, and Maria."

He blinks in surprise. "Cool." He says finally. "I'm sure Dad will say yes."

"I don't think he could say no, maybe he'll even stop by. Jess I'll ask my mom later if you can stay the night, Maria's in my room now but maybe I can get her to stay in with mom."

Jess smiles, "I'll ask my mom later, but I don't think she'll mind."

"Okay, then it's settled."

"Oh, man!" Jess says suddenly, "Dang, I forgot, I have to stop by Mr. Whitman's for something. Be right back." With that she gets up and practically runs out of the cafeteria.

"I have an idea." Jeremy says suddenly to me, whispering.

"An idea? For what?"

"Saturday, for mom and dad."

"Go on."

"Ok, well I was thinking that I'll tell my Dad that I'm going to the movies for something, and you can tell your mom that. well I don't know. Does she know about me?"

"Um, well, yeah but I don't know if she was. paying attention. exactly. Every time I said the word Jeremy. well she kinda. zoned out on me." I answer.

"Good, tell her your friend Jay is coming." He says, I can tell he's thinking hard now. "I got it, you tell mom that, and I'll tell Dad I'm going to a friends house to study for something. Uh, Biology."

"Biology?" I ask.

"Yeah," he frowns, "He's got this weird thing for biology. He'll let me."

"Weird."

"Yeah, anyway, he can come to pick me up and we'll suddenly disappear so Mom has to answer the door." He's thinking hard again, "We'll have to get rid of Maria." He pauses, "and Jess."

"Jess?"

"Are you guys talking about me?" Jess says suddenly.

I smile at her, "Of course."

She stares at me, then smiles. "Whatever, so what were you talking about. exactly."

"Our parents." Jeremy answers. I frown.

"Why do we have to get rid of Jess?" I ask, I don't care that she's in front of me.

"Get rid of me?"

"Well not exactly." He frowns, still thinking. "I mean."

"Jeremy, explain to me again why she can't know." I say aloud for her benefit.

Jess is listening intently now wondering what I'm talking about.

"Nat-" He starts.

"Nope, you've got a crush on her, and she's my best friend." I say interrupting him, I notice that they're both blushing but I ignore it. "Look Jess, Jeremy and I are-"

"No!" She yelps, I frown. "You're not going out are you?"

"No!" We say at the same time.

"Nat and I-"

"are twins." I finish.

Jess stares at us, her mouth drops open. "Excuse me?"

"You remember when you said that his Dad was the same age as my mother?"

She nods, speechless. I continue, "Well, they're the same age, had kids at the same age, and we have the same birthday. Coincidence?"

"I think not." Jeremy finishes. "Besides, we saw my birth certificate. Mother" he quotes, "Elizabeth Parker."

"Wait." I say frowning, "What about that other one?"

He frowns also, "I never got a chance to go back and look at it."

I stand up, "Let's go."

"Now?" Jess says finally coming out of her trance.

"Yeah, Dad won't be home, class won't start for," I check my watch, "half hour, house is close, and I want to see it."

"Let's go." with that, Jeremy stands up and pulls me towards the door.

"Wow! Wait!" Jess calls, we stop. "You're not leaving me behind." She says.

Jeremy nods, smiles and we continue. I jump into his jeep feeling oddly at ease. "Cool jeep." I say.

"Yeah, Dad says he had one like it when he was my age." He replies and pulls out of the parking lot.

"So," I say turning to face Jess in the back. "Do you have anything to say?" She leans forward and smiles.

"If I marry him, that would make you my sister." She says with a mischievous grin. I laugh and turn back around.

After a few minutes on the road he pulls into the two story house. "Nice." I hear Jess comment.

Jeremy hops out and I follow. Soon we're all assembled in front of that box.

"Ok," he muttered and knelt down to open it.

"Where are they?" I ask looking down at the opened box.

"Here." He says pulling them from a pocket in between to other boxes.

"Oh," I grab them gently from his hand and separate them. "Ok, here's yours." I take a deep breath, I'm almost afraid of what I might find, "Wow." Is all I can say.

"What? What is it?" Jeremy takes it from my hand and stares wide eyed. "Wow."

"What?" Jess whines.

He turns it around so it faces her, I can see the name clearly, "Evelyn Marie Evans"

"Oh my-"

"What does this mean?" I cut her off, I've heard enough "oh my's" and "wow' s"

"I don't know." Jeremy answers, he turns the birth certificate back to his face. "She's our sister. Um, she's about a year and a half older than us."

"They were 17 when they had a daughter?" Jess said raising her eyebrows.

"I guess." I mutter, I'm too busy thinking about the fact that I have a sister.

"Nat." his voice is hushed, "we have a sister."

"So where is she?" Jess asks.

Silence stretches out like a cold blanket, finally I break it, "We have to find her."

End part 5

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.