FanFic - Michael/Maria
"A Way out"
Part 3
by Araanaz
Disclaimer: Me no own...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Okay, the song is "From This Moment On" by Shania Twain. I needed a song and, because Rania wanted this part NOW, I tried to find one quickly. I picked this one 'cause I like it pretty much and I thought it would fit okay. So, Rania, this is for you...
Liz sat in her bed. She looked around her. Next to her, in what used to be Alex's bed, was sleeping a little girl. She seemed so peaceful. She didn't know yet. She hadn't lost all her friends yet. She didn't know what it was like to be alone... Liz turned to look at Maria's bed. It was empty. She hardly swallowed. She was the next.

She got out her bed and slid her hand under the mattress. She took her journal and her pencil.

May 11

I'm Liz Parker... even if sometimes, I wish I were someone else. They took Maria away. Now I'm all alone. It's hard, it hurts a lot. Before they came, Maria and I talked. She joked, telling me that she was going to a big party. She whispered in my ear "don't tell anyone, but my date is an alien!" She laughed. She's so strong.

But we all know the truth. The truth is that Alex is probably dead at this time... And they are gonna torture Maria 'til she is too. The truth is that, even if they had no bad purpose when they landed on earth, now all they want is revenge! I hate them.

Liz closed her journal and hid it. She laid down on the bed and sighed.

"God, I hate them!" She thought. But her mind went on a certain face...

"I can't believe he's one of them!" She thought as she reminded the face of the dark haired alien. She didn't know his name, she didn't know him at all, but there was something about him. She didn't know why she was so drawn to him. "He's bad. He's one of them." She kept repeating herself until she fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Maria couldn't sleep. They told her to get some rest, that she would need it, but she couldn't close her eyes. Each time she tried, horrible visions came into her mind. She sat in a corner of the white room.

Everything was so white in there. After they made her take a long shower with that strange soap, they had given her those clothes, white clothes.

She hated white. And she hated silence. She started singing, the only thing that could reassure her when she was... alone. She was sure her mother used to sing when she was pregnant of her. She closed her eyes and let the slow rhythm of the song penetrate her tense body.

" From this moment life has begun From this moment you are the one Right beside you is where I belong From this moment on From this moment I have been blessed I live only for your happiness And for your love I'd give my last breath From this moment on I give my hand to you with all my heart Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start You and I will never be apart My dreams came true because of you From this moment as long as I live I will love you, I promise you this There is nothing I wouldn't give From this moment on You're the reason I believe in love And you're the answer to my prayers from up above All we need is just the two of us My dreams came true because of you From this moment as long as I live I will love you, I promise you this From this moment I will love you as long as I live From this moment on "

And she let herself drift into sleep.

Michael sat up in his bed, all in sweat. Another of his nightmares? No. The truth was he was haunted by this human girl. Everytime he closed his eyes, she was there. And now he could even hear her voice. She was singing.

"What the hell is going on?"

From this moment life has begun From this moment you are the one Right beside you is where I belong From this moment on

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.