FanFic - Michael/Maria
"A Way out "
Part 6
by Araanaz
Disclaimer: Me no own...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Liz followed them in silence. She was nervous. She quickly glanced back at the two aliens behind her. She met the eyes of the dark haired one and he gave her a little smile. A smile! Liz was so stunned she forgot about the situation. Aliens never smiled. They were always expressionless, almost lifeless. She was so deep in her thoughts she didn't notice the blond had stopped walking and she almost bumped into her.

"We should check if there's someone before." The alien girl said.

"I'm gonna verify." The dark haired one answered.

"Max!" The blond called him before he entered the room. "What are we gonna do if we're caught?" She asked, sounding really anxious.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Isabel, don't worry." He reassured her softly. He entered the room.

Max. His name was Max. Liz repeated it in her mind. She had wondered so many times about his name and now that she knew, it seemed to be so evident! The name was just perfect on him. She smiled. And then she remembered where she was and who she was with... Her smile faded away. She had to stop thinking about him like he was on the right side.

Max came out of the room and waved at them to enter. Liz blinked in surprise as she passed the door. She was in what seemed to be a huge living room. And all around, there were about one hundred doors.

Isabel went to one of the door, followed nearly by the one Liz still didn't know the name. Max was behind her and carefully put his hand on her shoulder. She felt a big warm surround her body. She turned around and looked at him in the eyes. They stayed there a few seconds, their gaze so intense they nearly swallowed each other's soul.

"Come on." He said softly. And he led her where the two others were gone.

*******

Maria sat on the chair the man offered her and rubbed her wrists. She looked at him cautiously.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"My name's Robert. I'm in charge here. You already know my daughter and son, Isabel and Max. They brought you here. And the third one, the one with funny hair, it's Michael, my kids' best friend."

"What do you want from me?" She asked, narrowing her eyes, still not trusting him.

"I told you, I want to ask you some questions. Are you willing to answer those?"

"Do I have the choice?"

"Not really. You have to collaborate if you don't want us to hurt you. First, what is the thing you like the most?"

"My friends. Am I gonna see them again?" She wanted to know.

"Who are they?" He asked, taking down everything she said on his clipboard.

"Alex Whitman and Liz Parker. I haven't seen Alex since you brought him here." She said, defiantly.

"What is do you hate the most?" He asked without answering her.

"Being taken away from my friends and not knowing what is happening to them. Are you gonna tell me?" She wanted to take him by the collar and shake him 'til he gave her answers, but she didn't move from her seat.

"Maria, what is your biggest fear?" He asked, looking at her straight in the eyes.

"You..." She let out almost inaudibly. She looked down, never seeing the smile forming on his lips.

*******

Michael stood in the room, looking down at the ground. He felt uncomfortable but something told him it was not only because of Liz. He could still feel the constant shiver he had felt since he woke up and the voice was still resounding in his head. The voice from his dream.

He sighed and turned his attention on the others in the room. Isabel was sitting on her bed, Liz was on the chair and Max was standing behind her. Everyone looked as anxious and uncomfortable as him.

"So, what do we do now?" He asked.

"Liz, can you tell us everything you know about us?" Max asked softly, kneeling beside her.

Liz opened her mouth but nothing came out. Why would they want her to tell them? She looked into Max's eyes and somehow she found the courage to speak.

"Are you gonna hurt me?" She asked quietly.

"What?!?" The three aliens were stunned. She seemed so afraid of them.

"Nobody wants to hurt you. Why would you think that?" Isabel spoke, standing up.

"Well, you're aliens and I'm human. You're the one who take my friends away and make experiments on them." She said slowly, afraid of what they would do.

"Oh my god!" Isabel said, sitting back on her bed. The way the girl spoke was telling how she was scared of them and thought they were awful monsters who tortured and killed all her friends.

"We don't want to hurt you. We don't know what's going on here, we... we just want to find out the truth." Max said.

"They always told us we were helping you." Isabel said.

"Okay, everybody calm down." Michael interfered. "We still don't know. Maybe our people were telling us the truth, maybe she's wrong."

"What if she's right Michael?" Isabel looked him. Michael ran his hand through his hair. "We'll see."

*******

"Thank you Maria. I'm done with my questions." Robert said, getting up and walking to the door.

"Come in." He said and four aliens came in.

Maria quickly got up. They grabbed her and dragged her to the table.

"No! Don't touch me! No! You said you were not gonna hurt me!" She cried in panic.

"You didn't believe me, did you? Humans are so naive sometimes." He smiled at her. "Psychological part is over, now comes the fun part. Hope you're not too sensitive. Strap her down, we're gonna begin."

"Yes sire!"

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.