FanFic - Michael/Maria
"And the Stitches Become Undone "
Part 2
by Calie
Disclaimer: I do not own Michael and Maria or any of the characters from Roswell that I have borrowed for this fic.
Summary: Maria gets pregnant by a certain alien. But the pregnancy brings along lots of physical and emotional problems.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Well, this is what I call making friends." Mulder broke the long silence.

"Mulder we need to know more about them." she told him.

"Okay we know they work at a diner and where little alien antennae."

"Mulder..." Scully warned.

"I'm sorry. It's just this whole case is a load of crap." he said a little angrily.

"I know it Mulder. But we just have to make the best of it. The faster we get it over with the faster we can return home and you can get back to your work." she told him kindly.

"Your right. We just need to get this over with." he agreed.

"Good. And who knows." she began and smiled. "Maybe you just might find some aliens here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maria slumped down into one of the booths. Maybe she wasn't feeling better.

Even though she felt sick to her stomach she was starving.

Michael walked into the diner followed by Max. He noticed a girl with short blond hair with her head down on a table. He could only guess it belonged to Maria. At this point he was really starting to worry about her. Even if he wasn't making that worry public.

"Maria still sick?" Max asked.

Michael felt relieved that Max had asked. It wouldn't have been right if he did.

"Yea. I don't know what her deal is. But we're getting ready to leave. She says she is feeling better then yesterday and that she still wants to go out somewhere." Liz sighed and pulled the antennaes off her head and placed them in the bag with the rest of her uniform. "You want to come with us?" she asked as she walked towards Maria.

"No. We just stopped by." he told her. But his attention was drawn to Maria.

She had been sick for a while. But it seemed she'd be well for a while then sick again.

"Alright Maria ready?" Liz asked and picked up Maria's bag.

"Yea." Maria mumbled and pushed herself up. "Are they coming?" she asked rudely.

"Uh no." Liz answered her confused.

"Good." Maria said directly to Michael. He returned her angry gaze. But she did not falter. She had learned not to. No matter how much it still hurt.

"Lets go." she said and began to walk out.

"We'll walk out with you." Max told Liz softly.

Liz nodded and followed Maria out the door. "So have he ran into those two agents again?"

"No." Max answered as they began to walk across the street to where Maria's car and Max's jeep where parked. "We haven't seen them following us either.

Either they really don't care about us or they're much better at following then the previous FBI agents we have run into."

Maria caught small parts of their conversation. She was mostly concentrating on the painful pressure in her stomach. Then it began to lessen and was replaced by the feeling of losing all her strength. She reached the car and held herself up on the front of the hood. She could still here Max and Liz talking. She turned in the direction Liz was in and called out to her.

"Liz." But all that came out was a whisper. And she didn't even hear her.

Maria winced. She tensed her muscles and tried to hold herself up. She turned in the other direction to where Michael stood. He wasn't talking with Max and Liz, he was watching her. "Michael." she called out.

Michael watched in confusion. Maria mouthed his name, although he thought he had heard her voice. Then a second later she slumped and fell to the ground.

Michael rushed forward.

"Maria!" Liz exclaimed and ran to her friend with Max close behind her.

Michael was already kneeling next to her and picking her up off the ground.

"Back up." a voice called out and rushed forward.

Max was frozen as the red headed FBI agent rushed forward to Maria's side.

Scully rushed to the girl's side. She checked her pulse and found it weak but steady. But the girl's eyes started to open.

Maria looked at Michael who was holding her up. But their eyes only met for a moment then she pulled away from him. "What happened?"

"You fainted." Scully told her. "Has this happened before?"

"Huh? Oh no. Well I haven't fainted. But for the past couple of weeks I've been sick." Maria told the women. She seemed to know what she was talking about. But Maria couldn't understand why Max and Michael where looking at the lady funny.

"The past couple of weeks!" Liz exclaimed. "I thought it has only been this week?" Liz couldn't believe it.

Maria grimaced. "Are you a doctor?" Maria asked her.

Scully nodded.

"No you're not." Michael gritted out.

"I am a doctor. I am also an FBI agent." Scully told him.

"Now what is going on here?" Mulder asked as he finally reached them. Scully had high tailed it out of the car as the girl fell to the ground.

"I'm trying to find out Mulder. Now as you where saying?" Scully asked the blond-headed girl.

"I've been having really bad stomach aches. And I've thrown up like 4 times over the past 2 weeks. But then I'll feel fine." Maria told her. "And just now.... I don't know what happened. I just felt so weak."

Scully studied the girl. She genuinely did not have a clue as to what was wrong with her. Scully looked at the other kids cautiously. "I need to talk to you. Alone." Scully said.

Maria nodded and let the women lead her off.

"Alone Mulder." Scully repeated. She saw the surprised look on his face. And she knew he didn't like being kept in the dark. It's about time he knew how it feels. Scully turned back to Maria. "Maria-"

"How do you know my name?" Maria asked her cautiously.

"I'm an FBI agent as well as a doctor." Scully told her. But that seemed to explain it all to Maria because she nodded. She sighed. She had never had to break this kind of news before. "Are you sexually active?"

"What?" Maria exclaimed.

"Are you sexually active?" Scully repeated.

"I heard you the first time. What does that have to do with anything?" Maria asked her incredulously.

"Just tell me." Scully told her firmly.

Maria sighed. "Well not active. But I did." Maria admitted. IT was the first person she had admitted it to.

"How long ago?" Scully asked her.

"I don't know. Maybe four months. You don't think I'm sick do you?" Maria asked alarmed.

"No. When was the last time you had your period?" Scully asked her.

Maria at that moment would have fainted again. If it just wasn't for one thing. "Two weeks ago."

"Did you use protection?" Scully asked the girl. It was and odd situation she had to admit. The girl was as thin as a rail and was having her period.

"No." Maria admitted fearfully. She couldn't be.

"Maria I think at this point it would be best if you took a pregnancy test."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maria walked slowly towards the bathroom. She had canceled with Liz. Of course Liz understood since Maria had fainted. But that wasn't Maria's reason for canceling. As soon as she left she went strait to the drug store. The farthest one in town. And now this was it. Came down to the difference between two signs. She opened the door slowly. And once she did she didn't have to move any closer. Because there it was as she stared at it. And the plus sign stared right back at her.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.