FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Angel"
Part 20
by Diana
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters. No infringement intended.
Summary: This is a really busy story… Lots of stuff happens. It takes place after “Destiny.” Let’s just say that someone gets pregnant (I wonder who ;-), someone gets hurt, a friend turns out to be an enemy, and an enemy turns out to be a friend. (Hope that isn’t too confusing)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Don’t worry… It isn’t as bad as it looks… Some of the parts are really short. I guess this one has something for everyone. I hope everyone likes it. As always, thoughts are in brackets []… Feedback would be really, really appreciated for this one :-D
“Nacedo! Don’t!” Tess screamed. She stretched her hand out towards him.

He let go of Michael’s collar and stood up to face her. “Tess, what are you doing?”

“Get away from him,” She said trembling.

Nacedo glanced at Michael, then at Tess. “Oh this is cute. You’re protecting them?”

“Why shouldn’t I? They’re my family now. Leave him alone” Her hand shook as it hovered in the air.

Nacedo stepped towards her. “And if I don’t?”

Tess swallowed hard. “I’ll kill you.”

“You have some nerve,” he said between laughs. “Now go on, get out of here.”

“No.”

“Tess--” He started towards her again.

“No!” A flash of light exploded from her fingertips and Nacedo was knocked backwards. He shook his head and advanced towards her again.

“Don’t!” She screeched. There was another flash of light and Nacedo fell before her. “Please, just leave. I don’t want to hurt you.”

Nacedo smirked. “You are trying my patience.” He tried to stand but he found that his legs were practically cemented to the floor. His mouth fell open and he looked back up at Tess. “How’d you… What do you think you’re doing?”

“Just leave them alone. Just leave us all alone. Please,” Tess begged.

“Who do you think you are?” Nacedo struggled to move. “After all I have done for you, this is how you repay me? I am doing this for you, for me, for our entire race! Don’t you think of anything beyond your hormones? Honestly, Tess, I thought you were smarter than this.”

A tear trickled down her cheek. “Remember what you told me to do if I ever got close enough to Max to get him into bed?” She kneeled down and faced him. “You said that I shouldn’t hesitate. That I should wait until he was sleeping, paralyze him, and stop his heart. You wanted me to kill him and I think I might have. I would have done anything for you. I’ll do anything for the people I love.”

Nacedo was motionless.

Tess leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I love you, Daddy.”

She placed her hand on his chest. She could feel his heartbeat slowing beneath her fingertips. She watched his eyelids droop. It only took a minute for his heart to stop completely. It seemed to take him forever to sink to the floor. He laid there for a moment, completely still, and all she could do was look at him. Then she dissolved into tears and fell beside him.

***

Michael picked himself up off of the floor and cradled his arm carefully. He approached Nacedo and Tess cautiously. “Tess? Is he…”

Tess picked herself up off of the floor, pulled Nacedo’s head into her lap, and started stroking his hair. “He didn’t think I could do it,” She whispered.

“Tess--”

“I didn’t think I could do it either. But I promised I’d make it up to you. I promised I would.” One of her tears dripped from her chin to Nacedo’s cheek. She brushed it away with her hand.

“But, Tess, you didn’t have to… not like this.”

Tess shook her head. “He would have killed you, Michael. You and Max and Isabel. I couldn’t let him kill you. I had to… for you.”

“For me? Tess… I don’t understand.”

“You three are my best friends,” She said softly, still stroking Nacedo’s hair. “You always have been even if you never knew it.” She patted Nacedo and never took her eyes off of him. “And I betrayed all three of you. I hurt you all so badly. Especially you, Michael. Nacedo told me what to do and I did it, no questions asked. I acted like I didn’t even care about you,” She said quietly.

Michael was completely silent.

Tess looked up at him and read the confusion on his face. “Isn’t it obvious? I did this for you, Michael. I wanted to protect you. I am in love with you, Michael.”

She turned back to Nacedo and stroked his hair again.

Michael struggled to find words. “Tess… you’re my sister.”

Tess winced. “No. I’m not. And I’m so sorry I deceived you into thinking like that.” She laid Nacedo’s head down gently and looked up at Michael. “I’m sorry. I should have been honest from the beginning. I tried to stop loving you but I couldn’t. Do you know what that’s like?”

He turned when he heard a quiet noise behind him. The girl lying on the floor groaned and moved a little.

“Tess… I… Maria’s hurt. I gotta help her.” He rushed to Maria’s side.

Tess watched as Michael cradled Maria with his good arm and waited for her to wake up. Tess looked away when Maria opened her eyes.

“Yeah,” She whispered, “I guess you do know what that’s like.”

Part 19 | Index | Part 21
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.