FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Bittersweet Thoughts"
Part 1
by Hikaru
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell. The WB and Melinda Metz own the characters.
Summary: "Destiny", at the UFO Centre, after Pierce's death, and after the pod squad and Liz went to the pod chamber. Maria's lucubration.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: this is my first fanfic about "Roswell". My English is terrible, I know, so forgive me, please! This fanfic is my only solace, because in my country the show was suspended two weeks ago. Feedback, please! Thanks to Firia, my inspirer, who helped me with the correction: she writes beautiful fanfics too, so read them!!
The darkness. I didn't think it was so deep. So hopeless. So…strange. Everything is intertwining. My life, Alex's and Liz's lives and now also the sheriff's and Kyle's lives. In different ways, of course.

Four, five minutes ago, they were here, and, in spite of the awful situation - FBI, Pierce, Nasedo's death (Is he dead?), Kyle's death and resurrection, etc…- there was a sort of warm light. And then…

Destiny has strange ways to knock you out.

When he left me, I realized that all I had thought was true. We…no, they have a destiny, and nothing could change that. Nothing could be changed.

At first, our relationship was physical, merely physical. The erasers room was where we met. We didn't talk much, we didn't think. Then, especially after the beginning of the whole Max \ Liz thing - Max' glances, Liz' visions, they were the perfect couple - I started to want something more. Max’s so perfect - I'm not talking about his looking, especially about his ears -, he is every woman's dream man: romantic, caring, loving, the Prince charming. Instead Michael is different, at first he seemed to think only of himself, he is…wild, mysterious, proud, a bit cruel, and somehow charming.

Our relationship has never been easy, and never will be, if there is a future for me… for him… for us. I don't want to think of the future, now - it seems so remote -, I want to remember the past, the beautiful past, with its good and bad things. Because there was a moment, a wonderful moment, when everything was good, a period of…peace - before Tess' advent - when Michael and I, Liz and Max, Alex and Isabel were happy.

Finally, I’ve understood that I…love Michael because he is what he is, with his virtues and his faults. I 've made a mistake when I compared him to Max, they are so different - thanks to God -, because, if I love him, I cannot pretend his change. Then, I don't want to change him (it would be impossible), I don't want him to change. I love him for who he is.

Eight, nine minutes ago, I was here, with Isabel, Max, Michael and Liz. Now, I am here, only with Alex, the sheriff and Kyle .

He's gone, maybe forever.

This destiny is awful. I hate it.

Why, why did I lose him when he finally said me that he loved me? Why, why should I fall in love with a boy coming from another planet?

***********************************************************************************************

Good bye, Micheal. I never forget you. I won't follow you, because I love you too much, but when you come back to Roswell, N.M., to me, one day, I don't know if I will try to fight the love in my heart, even if something happened between you and Isabel.

If you come back…No, I am sure. You will come back. I don't know when - I hope soon - but you will come back.

***********************************************************************************************

They will come back. Therefore, the darkness, this darkness that closes in upon us - Liz, Alex and me - will disappear. A ray of sun breaking through the obscurity.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.