FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Daydreams"
Part 2
by Zenovia
Disclaimer: I don't own nothing
Summary: Post HeatWave. Actions and Words both speak loud in a relationship.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I was trying to get the whole story written at once but life had me running
Maria proceeded to pull into the parks parking lot. Although it wasn't late the park was empty.

She got out the car and headed for the swings. Maria remembered how much she always loved the swings. Back and forth, the wind blowing through her hair. Swinging always brought about a sense of power and independence.

As the swinger you controlled how fast and how high you went. The world was yours until you decided to stop. She'd always been too head strong to allow anyone to push her.

Maria remembered back to third grade when Michael had tried to push her.

She'd yelled at him to stop and so he knocked her off the swing into the dirt beneath. He ran away when she started to cry.

Amazing, Maria thought. Even my past memories involve Michael.

That whole 'loner' attitude is not fooling me. I understand he wants to find out where he comes from, but everybody needs somebody.....

_________________________________

Michael had been sitting in the park for almost an hour when he heard the squeak of the swings. He turned around to see....It was Maria.

She was still wearing her waitress uniform. Her legs moving back and forth sending her higher into the air.

She was so beautiful. Michael felt his chest tighten. His conscious told him to leave but his heart refused to allow his body to move.

What is happening to me? She's just a girl, like any other girl.

But deep down he knew he was lying to himself. Michael felt drawn to Maria in a way he couldn't explain. Even though they argued alot when together he still felt a sense of tranquility when she was around.

The feeling had only grown more intense once he kissed her. And it was this intensity that scared Michael so much. I've already hurt her once. I couldn't live with myself if I did it again.

Fortunately a tree prevented Maria from seeing Michael watching her. But it didn't stop the feeling of being watched. Maria put her feet down to slow the swing. Someone was out there.

Damn! Michael thought. He could see she knew someone was watching. Now I have two choices. I can make my presence known or let her freak out.

"Hello"? Her voice sounded shaky. She looked around but didn't see anyone.

What if its some maniac? Girls my age get abducted all the time. Maria could feel the panic rising. Her mind was working a million miles a minute. Each thought more unpleasant than the first.

By this time she'd gotten off the swing and was walking backwards toward her car.

"I know karate !" she yelled, posing in a way she"d seen in a old Bruce Lee movie.

Michael suppressed a laugh. It was just like Maria to try and appear tough.

Michael stepped from behind the tree.

"You do not know karate".

"Michael"!

He could see the her eyes blazing with anger. She started walking toward him yelling.

"Are you crazy? You trying to to give me a heart attack? Don't you have anything better to do than follow me? How Pathetic!"

Michael felt himself getting upset. She thinks I'm following her, he thought. I was here first!

"For you information I 've been here for almost an hour"! Michael replied.

It was difficult to stay mad at her when she was standing so close. He could smell the strawberry shampoo she used.

"It's a free park. I can go wherever I want . If you have a problem with it then leave".

Maria stood staring in his face. She didn't realize just how close she was to him. The situation was very distracting.

It had been a relief to see it was him. But that still didn't give him the right to scare her. Maria had begun to lose some of her anger until she thought about the party.

"I'm not going anywhere! You're the loner so why don't you leave"! With her hands firmly on her hips Maria stood her ground. I will not let Michael Guerin intimidate me anymore, she thought.

Michael stared down at the petite blonde standing in front of him.

She's not backing down.

The angry look on her face actually made him want to lean down and kiss her His eyes drifted down to her lips. They were so soft and full. He'd watched her lick them before continuing to holler at him. But his mind was elsewhere and her words were falling on deaf ears.

Michael thought back to the Crashdown the night of the heatwave.He didn't know what had brought him there that night. It had been like being under a trance. And once he'd kissed her it became more then a want. It was a need. An uncontrollable need he was once again feeling.

It was this feeling he didn't understand. Maria felt MIchael"s eyes on her lips. Her pulse quickened just thinking about him kissing her. Yeah right, he does'nt even like me, What is he thinking anyway? she wondered. I don't think he's heard anything I've said.

"Michael"?

It's like he's........he's daydreaming. Maria smiled. I wonder if I'm in it.

Michael snapped out of it when he realized Maria had gotten quiet. How long have I been daydreaming? This isn't me. It's the girl, his conscious told him. She has some kind of power over you. Her feelings radiate out like a tracking missile and you're the target.

He looked into her eyes.....smiling eyes. She was laughing at him, but trying to keep it in.

"What's so funny"?

"Nothing". she replied, still smiling.

"What were you thinking about"? Maria asked.

"Nothing."

Michael could feel he was losing control. That unexplainable feeling was taking over is mind, body, and soul. He had to tell her the truth.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.