FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Destiny Can Wait"
Part 5
by Lea
Disclaimer: I wish I owned Roswell, but I don’t, so don’t sue me please!
Summary: : In a world where humans and aliens distrust each other, an unusual pair discover whether or not they can survive each other!
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is sort of a continuing on story to An Amazing Feeling. People seemed to like that story so we’ll see if it was a fluke and watch how this one unfolds.
Maria woke suddenly, and opened her eyes. She didn’t recognize her surroundings, didn’t know where she was. “Mom?” she called softly.

She felt a hand grab hers and looked up to see her mom smiling down at her. “It’s okay honey.” Her mom soothed. “You’re in the hospital, it’s okay.”

Maria frowned. “What am I doing in the hospital?” she asked as she tried to sit up. Instant dizziness followed this action and she quickly lay back down.

“You had a very high fever and so they took you to the hospital. It only just broke, so you should be feeling fine in a day or two.” Amy stroked her daughter’s brow. It had scared her when she saw Maria lying there in the hospital bed all pale and sickly looking. But she had been assured that Maria would be fine, so she could relax now.

Maria’s eyes suddenly opened wide. “Oh my god, what day is it?” She asked.

Amy looked at her curiously. “Uh, it’s Wednesday, I think.” She replied.

Maria groaned and sat up slowly. This time there was no dizziness this time to her relief. Michael must be worried about her. “Uh, can I call Liz?” She asked her mom. “She’ll be worried about me.”

Amy nodded and handed Maria her cell phone. “I’ll just step outside to give you some privacy.” She said, and slipped out of the room.

Maria punched in Liz’s number and waited as it rang. Liz picked up on the third ring. “Hello?” she answered.

“Liz, it’s me.” Maria said with a smile.

“Maria? Oh, I’m so glad you’re okay. What happened?”

“Nothing really, just a fever. I still feel a bit weird.”

“When are you getting out of hospital?”

“I don’t know. Uh, I was wondering, have you seen Michael at all?”

“Yeah, it’s okay. Max and I talked to him the other night. He knows where you are.”

Maria breathed a sigh of relief. “What did he say?” she asked.

“God Maria, he went all strange. I thought he was going to go on a rampage to find you or something. But Max calmed him down, but he’s been really worried.” Liz replied.

Maria had to smile. At least she knew he really cared about her. “Well, if you see him, tell him I’ll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow. And also tell him to stop worrying, I’ll be fine.”

“Okay Maria.” Liz said. “Anyway, I better get back to work before Jose starts yelling again.” They both giggled. Jose was famous for his ranting.

“Okay Liz, talk to you later then.”

“Yep, bye Maria.”

Maria heard the clunk as the phone hung up. She settled back against the pillow and closed her eyes. Everything was going to be fine.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.