Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"Just Like Me"
Part 8
by Ariana
Disclaimer: I don't own anything even though I'd like to.
Summary: Maria never lived in Roswell, and Nasedo raised her because she is half-alien.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Author's Note: I love feedback so e-mail me.
"What happened?" Alex asked as he stormed into the Crashdown. "Liz, I was so worried," he said happily when he saw his friend. She ran up and hugged him, but Alex noticed an absence. "Where's Max?"

"The Special Unit has him," Tess told him with no feeling in her voice.

Alex broke away from Liz and went to Isabel. "We have to get him back Alex," Isabel cried.

"And we will," Alex tried reassuring her as they embraced.

"Where's Nasedo?" Liz demanded from Tess.

Tess replied honestly, "I don't know, he can be gone for hours or even days."

"We got used to being alone for long periods of time," Maria added.

Tess announced, "So we'll have to get him ourselves."

"I say we go to Valenti, Max was ready to go to him to save Liz, and now we need help saving Max," Isabel pulled back a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"How do you know we can trust him?" Tess asked.

Alex jumped in, "He's the law and he has resources."

"We have better resources. I know what Maria and I can do what about the two of you?" Tess asked Michael and Isabel, but they only gave blank stares. "Your gifts, you do have them."

"We're not that advanced," Michael said a little embarrassed.

Isabel added, "We can do simple things like manipulate molecular structures."

"Being with Nasedo has taught me a few things, but Maria is the most advanced, well other than Nasedo. She has access to powers that we won't ever develop," Tess informed them.

Michael was curious, "What kind of powers are we talking about?"

"Since I'm half-alien I have the ability to do anything Nasedo can do, maybe more, but I don't know the full extent," Maria admitted.

"What about that dream thing?" Alex asked Isabel.

Tess asked, "What dream thing?" Maria could detect a little jealousy in her voice. Maria figured that Tess didn't like the fact that each of them may possess different powers.

Isabel still looked pretty shook up, "I can sometimes go into people's minds when they are sleeping. But I only did it a few times."

"And you all can do this?" Tess looked at Michael.

Michael replied, "Just Isabel."

"Please Isabel you need to try," Liz pleaded still looking very lost without Max.

"OK I'll do it," Isabel agreed giving them a little bit of hope.

****************

"How long does this usually take?" Tess asked as she sat on the balcony roof above the Crashdown with Liz, Michael and Maria.

Maria warned, "Be patient Tess, Isabel is really scared right now." She looked over at Michael and Liz, "We all are, so just cool it."

"Just the thought of Max being with Pierce," Tess didn't want to finish that sentence.

Maria looked into Liz's bedroom window, and saw Isabel and Alex on Liz's bed. "We'll find him, and if I find Pierce."

"Don't even think about going after Pierce," Tess whispered so Michael and Liz couldn't hear.

Maria shook her head, "Don't you get it. This is what I'm supposed to do. With Nasedo gone I'm the protector, I have to make sure you four are safe."

"You don't know what you are talking about Maria, Nasedo is not gone. He wouldn't just abandon us," Tess told her.

"I hope not," Maria murmured as she watched Liz huddle on the lounge chair. She was biting down on her lower lip to keep from crying. Maria felt terrible for her, but Michael was making Maria nervous. He was pacing back and forth in front of the window.

Maria got up from her seat next to Tess. "Are you okay?" Maria asked Michael when he stopped pacing across the roof.

Michael didn't look at her, "My friend is being held by the Special Unit of the FBI. Our worst nightmare is coming true and you want to know if I'm okay."

"Yeah believe it or not, but I am concerned. I can see what this is doing to you, so I'm going to ask once again and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bite my head off," Maria paused until Michael looked at her. "Are you okay?"

Michael rubbed his eyes, "No."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Maria wanted him to open up to her.

"You wouldn't understand okay," Michael told her.

Maria put her hand on his shoulder, "What wouldn't I understand, the alien side or the human side."

Michael shook her hand off, "You were the one who said you weren't like us."

Maria flinched, "Ouch, I guess you like to hit it where it really hurts."

Michael didn't mean to hurt her, but he was really frustrated and scared, "Maria, wait."

"Max!" Isabel screamed from inside, which caused everyone to rush into Liz's room.

"Isabel are you okay?" Michael held a frightened Isabel in his arms.

Isabel was breathing so heavy that she could hardly speak, "He's so scared Michael."

"Did you see where they are holding him?" Liz asked with a voice full of hope.

Isabel shook her head, "I don't know. All I know is that Pierce is really Valenti's deputy, Deputy Fisher."

"The deputy that stopped us last night," Maria spoke up.

Isabel nodded, "Yeah, I saw him in Max's dream or nightmare."

"You just need to concentrate Isabel," Tess told her. "Max must have shown you something. A sign, a symbol, anything."

Isabel thought for a minute, "Wait!"

****************

"Eagle Rock Military Base," Maria read from the picture on the UFO museum's wall. "It says it has been abandoned for years."

Isabel confirmed as they gathered around the display, "But this is what I saw, and this is where he's at."

"We have to go to Valenti," Liz said to everyone.

Michael declared, "We can't what if he is involved in all of this, Fisher is his deputy and Fisher is Pierce, the head of the Special Unit."

"We'll have to go ourselves and use what we know," Maria decided.

Liz jumped in, "Well I'm coming with you guys."

"Me too," Alex added.

"Do you guys want to know the truth? You're liabilities, you'll only be in the way," Tess snapped, but besides her harsh tone she was making sense.

"Tess is right, the less people in danger the better," Michael announced.

Isabel went and embraced Alex, "I'll be okay." Alex appeared to not want to let her go.

Liz pulled Michael's arm, "You bring him back to me."

"I will," Michael replied.

"We better hurry," Tess said.

Maria turned to Alex and Liz, "We'll be back with Max…I promise." Liz nodded as the tears began to fall.

Maria decided to leave her Explorer at the Crashdown, so they piled into Max's jeep. As they drove to Eagle Rock Military Base Maria had no idea what they hell they were going to do.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.