FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Just the Two of Us, Some Friends, and a Spaceship"
Part 9
by Kim
Disclaimer: Me No Own, I'm just playing with them and I will return them when I am done.
Summary: Max and Isabel tell their parents they are leaving town.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is written in response to all the stories written about Maria or Liz where they are pregnant and on their own. As a young (20) single mother I feel it is sometimes glamorized by people (not necessarily by anyone on the list, cause a lot of us are moms) and single motherhood is anything but glamorous. Okay I am now stepping off of my soapbox. This is my first fanfic so feedback would be great. Please be patient with me. :)
At the Evans'

"Mom, Dad we need to talk." Max said as he and Isabel watched their parents come in the living room.

"Okay, what's up guys?" Phillip Evans asked as he and his wife sat down on the loveseat.

"We've been thinking and we have decided that we need to go and find our biological parents." Max said looking down at his feet. He knew this would be a shock to his parents and he hated the idea that this would hurt thwm.

"We always knew this would happen. We have always feared this day. But we will support you in this endevour." Diane Evans said as the tears came to her eyes.

"Mom, please don't feel like you haven't been good enough because you have. You two are the only parents we will ever need, but we have to find them. There are questions we need answers to. That is the only reason we are doing this. We love you too much to hurt you like this for no reason." Isabel said sobbing. She wanted so much to tell her mother the truth but she knew they couldn't. Not right now. Maybe when they returned.

"It hurts but this is something we have prepared for since we brought you home with us. Just promise us you will be careful and that you will keep us updated on your progress." Phillip said as he hugged Isabel close. He hated to see his baby girl hurt like this. It didn't matter to him that he wasn't there for her conception, he had been there for everything else. Her first bike ride, her first date, every important event that had taken place he had been there for. He planned on being there for the rest of them too. For Max as well.

"We will, we promise Daddy. But we don't know how long it will take." Isabel promised.

"It's okay. We will wait until you two find the answers that you are searching for and then we will be here with open arms waiting for you to come home." Diane said joining her husband in hugging Isabel. Max watched for a moment and then wrapped his arms around his family.

Meanwhile At the Valenti's:

"Hi, Dad. Yeah I'm fine. No, No problems. Tess just needs to speak with Ms. DeLuca. No, she's fine she just neds to tell her something. Yes Dad I'll see you next week. Okay here she is." Kyle said. He handed the phone to Tess and sat on the couch and watched the woman he was falling in love with.

"Hi, Mrs. Deluca. I'm fine, I was just calling to let you know that I'l be leaving town tommorrow. My mom is ill and I'm going to stay with her for a while. I'll call when I get there and leave the number with Maria. Yes I'll come back and visit. You guys mean a lot to me too. Thanks Mrs. Deluca, I'm sure she'll be fine. Okay, Bye." Tess hung up the phone and slumped onto the couch next to Kyle.

"I really hate lying to her. She has been so good to me, since Nasedo left." Tess sighed.

"I know. But it is for their own good. When you all come back you can tell them then. They will all understand." Kyle said.

Meanwhile at Maria's:

Michael and Maria were sitting in her room talking about their baby, waiting for the others to arrive.

"What are we going to name our son? Do you have any ideas?" Michael asked Maria.

"I was thinking about Ethan Michael. What do you think?" Maria asked.

"I like it. Sounds like it was meant for him." Michael answers. He leans over and hugs her and Max and Liz walk in.

"Oh, we didn't mean to interupt anything. We'll come back." Liz said turning around to walk back out the door, taking Max with her.

"No, stay. You weren't interrupting anything. We were just naming the baby." Maria said grabbing Liz's hand. She could feel her friends sadness at the idea of them leaving. She knew Liz was going to need her more than ever and she hoped she could be there for her the way she needed to be. Thank Goodness for Alex, maybe he could help her keep Liz going until they could return. She also hoped she could keep going, but she had something to keep going for. Her son, Michael's son.

"What did you decide on?" Liz asked sitting down next to Maria on the bed. She hoped that Maria was going to be okay after Michael had to leave. She hated to think about Maria having to raise a baby on her own but maybe they wouldn't be gone for too long. She knew it was selfish but she didn't want them to be gone because she didn't think she could deal with life without Max in it.

"Ethan Michael." As Michael answered the rest of the others walked into the room.

"Who is that?" Isabel asked.

"Our son." Maria and Michael said at the same time.

"Oh. That sounds like a nice name, but what if it's a girl?" Tess asked.

"It's not it is a boy." Maria stated.

"Don't question her ability to discern the sex of our baby. She says it's a boy so it's going to be a boy." Michael said ducking behind Max to avoid the pillow Maria threw at him. For the rest of the night they all sat around talking of the past and of the things to come. They finally settled down around midnight to go to sleep. All of them wishing that the night would never end.

Part 8 | Index | Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.