FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Knocking at the Door "
Part 1
by Kathryn C
Disclaimer: Me no own
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: A little thing I wrote for the hell of it.
These whispers in my head consume me, making me listen to them. They tell me all that's wrong with me, they tell me it's all because of me.

They tell me that I'm going to be alone, alone for eternity, all because I was too stupid, too blind to see the truth.

I didn't listen to the voices when they started coming, I didn't believe that the relationship wouldn't work out. I should have known that with him dreams meant more, that they meant something.

In fact, I should have known before that. I should have known when I couldn't see visions. I should have done something before I got too attached to him.

Now, I'm alone. Completely and utterly alone nursing my broken heart. He knocks on the door and I pretend that I'm not home. I can't face him anymore, I can't face them.

She's all that matters now, She's all that he's worried about. He just feels an obligation to me, a need for me to understand. He doesn't realize that while he can end it like that, I can't.

I can't stop loving him, even after all this. He may say that his destiny is with her, but I know better. I couldn't love him this much if what we had wasn't real. My heart wouldn't be laying in a million pieces if what we felt for each other didn't mean anything. Now, I'm afraid that if he looks at me he'll see through all the pain and see all the love I still feel.

That's why I stay away. Right now I don't even know if I have forgiven them, or if I ever will forgive them. Me emotions are all one big jumble. I can't feel anything clearly except the pain.

She's not the only one who as taken him from me. He know has family. A sister. Like Max and Isabel, he has someone who is literally the other half of him. A twin. I used to be his other half, the thing that completed him. Now, I am reduced to nothing.

I've tried grief-relief, I've tried aroma therapy, I've tried it all. But, whenever I think about the fact that she's carrying his baby, the fact that she will be the mother of his child, the pain rears up again.

I sit here on the couch in my living room. I hear him knocking on the door and calling my name. Mom isn't here, thank God. Last time, she let him in. I had to leave through the back door.

I hear him calling my name and my eyes well with tears. Why won't he just leave. There is nothing left to say, nothing left to do. I'm not his anymore, and he's not mine. He belongs to someone else, someone who's not me. All seeing him will do is cause more pain, for the both of us.

She was here yesterday. She's not even showing. But, then, it hasn't been that long. How did she manage to get pregnant from a dream anyway? They must have done it in the real world. But, what do we know about the mating habits of the Czechoslovakians anyway?

Czechoslovakians. What a word. I word from the time when life was so much simpler. Funny I should be saying that about a time after I had found out aliens did exist. But, it's true.

I can't even say that I would rather go back to that time, or even farther back. My life would be simpler, yes it's true. But, even though I'm in pain, I would have been missing out on a lot. I would have missed having him in my life. I would have missed the thrill of love, something I had never felt before for a man, and would never feel again.

So, she was here, and she wanted to talk. I let her in. I mean, what did it matter. She could pick a lock with those powers of hers anyway. He couldn't control his well enough to get in, but I'm sure she could teach him. They can learn a lot from each other.

It was a waste of time. Nothing we can do or say can change the fact that she's pregnant with the baby of the man I love. Nothing can change the fact that they might possibly be soulmates, even when he is supposed to love me.

My head begins to pound. With each time he bangs on the door, my head pulsates. He won't give up. He's too damn stubborn. Well, I'm stubborn to. I won't open the door to him. I won't let the pain in.

The only thing I have to cling to is the fact that I didn't give myself entirely to him. But, it's a small consolation. If this hadn't happened for another couple months, I would have. But, now it doesn't matter. He doesn't want what I would have to give.

The knocking continues, and I give up. I stand up from my place on the couch and walk over to the door. If I open this he'll be standing there on the other side. I just have to open it to see him.

I open the door to find nobody there. I don't think there ever was. It was just me imagining that after everything he still wanted to see me. The one thing is true.

I am alone in my misery. Forever. There's no going back.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.