FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Listening to the Radio"
Part 1
by Tara
Disclaimer: Roswell belongs to me!! Yeah and I'm the tooth fairy and I live with Santa Clause and all the little elves, in Wellington, and I see Elvis at the corner cafe every morning and he's having coffee the Easter Bunny and Elmo! Okay, Roswell does not belong to me, but if it did, think of all the fun I could have with Brendan Fehr, on the other hand, maybe its not better to think about that. Roswell belongs to Melinda Metz and WB. And the song belongs to LeAnn Rimes, the writers and her manager.
Summary: Maria hears a song that gets her thinking about Michael.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Spoilers for Independence day. It's a bit mushy, but peoples private thoughts usually are, right?
Maria sat in her room, her shift at the Crashdown just finished, listening to the radio. "Ugh! There is nothing worth listening to tonight!" she complained.

Maria got off her bed and headed for her CD collection. Flipping through the CD's, Maria pulled a face at the assorted one's she had. Nothing she felt like listening to. Same with her tapes. She wandered down stairs, to the lounge, and found that her mom had a CD on. LeAnn Rimes. Maria loved this song, so she sat on the couch and began to listen.

How do I get through the night without you
Every night, since that night, I've wondered the same thing, Maria thought to herself.

If I had to live without you what kind of life would that be
It wouldn't be a life at all, well not for me anyway

Oh I need you in my arms need you to hold
Like that night, always that night. Everything I think of now, comes down to the night Michael spent curled up in my arms.

You're my world my heart my soul
I never believed in that 'soul mate' crap, but he really is my soul mate. It's the only way to describe what I feel about him.

If you ever leave baby you would take away everything good in my life
Just like when he did leave, almost, but he came back that time.

And tell me now
How do I live with out you
and like the song says...

I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
Well, I don't really want to know. God, I don't need to know!

How do I ever ever survive
How do I
Oh how do I
Oh how do I live
I don't, I just hide behind my mask of 'Liz's dizzy best friend', while Michael hides behind his 'stonewall'. I act like a ditz, everyone expects it, the key word there being acts.

Without you there'd be no sun in my sky
Okay I know he's not the most sunniest, or happiest, person, Czech, in this world, but if he weren't in my life, it sure would be a lot duller! God, understatement of the year!

There would be no love in my life
Not from guys, exempting Alex, anyway

There would be no one left for me
And I oh baby I don't know what I would do
I'd be lost if I lost you
That's for sure. Not only would I lose Michael, I'd lose my reason for living. Sappy I know, but it's true. God, did I just sound like Liz or what!

If you ever leave baby you would take away everything good in my life
And tell me tonight
How do I live with out you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever ever survive
How do I
Oh how do I
Oh how do I live...

The song faded out, and a new one started up, but Maria didn't hear it. She was lost in her own world, a world where she and Michael loved each other, knew that the other loved them and were together, no destiny, no 'home planet', no saving the world every five minutes, just them, and Liz with Max, Alex with Isabel, and Kyle with Tess.

Half an hour later, Amy walked in to find Maria sleeping peacefully on the couch, a smile playing about her lips. Amy picked up a blanket, and covered Maria with it, the knelt down and kissed her daughter on the forehead and headed to bed. Maria was oblivious to all this, living out her fantasy world with Michael, in her dreams.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.