Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"A Restaurant on Rodeo"
Part 3
by Jackie
Disclaimer: I don't own Michael. I don't own Maria. I don't own Liz. I don't own Roswell. I don't own Los Angeles. I own this fic and the plot. That is all.
Summary: Maria and Liz move from Roswell to LA for a change. Michael and Maria have never met before. They meet through work and eventually a relationship starts.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
"I'd die for you. You know that, right?" "Yes." She sounded nervous now too. "Well, since you know that, and you know everything else…" He got up and kneeled down in front of her on one knee. Her eyes widened, she was relieved and shocked at the same time. "…I want you to know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up every morning and see your beautiful face. I want to come home from a hard day at work and have you there for me…" People were starting to catch on to what was going on and began to look. Maria didn't see, she saw Michael only. "…Maria, will you marry me?" He opened up the small ring case he was holding to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. She looked at it and then back at him. He slipped the ring onto her finger and looked into her eyes, awaiting her answer. She smiled a big smile and nodded at least fifty times. "Yes. Yes, I'll marry you." He smiled and kissed her. She kissed him back, smiling the whole time and looked at her ring. "Michael, this is beautiful." "That's why I was late. I was so nervous, Maria. First, I was afraid you wouldn't like the ring. Then, I was scared you'd think it was too soon or that we didn't know eachother that well. Then, I was scared you wouldn't want to marry me or you wouldn't have wanted this to be that kind of a rela-" She stopped him with a kiss. "I love you," she said. "I love you, too," he said back, and kissed her again.

*********

"Michael, I'm pregnant," Maria said as she walked into the kitchen. "What?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at her. They were married over two years now and she secretly wanted a baby, she just wasn't sure if he did. She nodded. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Positive. I'm already two months." "How is it that you didn't know this two months ago? Weren't you late?" "Yeah, but I've been late before so I didn't think of it as anything." "Two months?" "Well no, but I didn't know." "How could you not know, Maria?" 'Great. He's mad,' she thought. "I don't know…," she said, and looked down. He sighed. "You don't want it?" she asked, and looked back up at him. "What? Of course I want it. Why would you think that?" "Well, you're not exactly thrilled about it." He walked over to her and hugged her. "I am. I'm just… shocked. That's all." "Are you sure?" "Yeah. I want a baby." She smiled. "Good. I do too." He kissed her. "We're having a baby." He seemed really thrilled now. "I know," she said, and smiled again.

*********

Maria was now 8 ½ months pregnant. They were having a girl and Michael was thrilled. She always thought he'd be the type to want a boy but he couldn't be happier that it was a girl. He couldn't wait to have a "Daddy's Girl." "We still haven't decided on a name," Maria said as she sat down on the couch. "I know," Michael said as he scooted closer to her. "I was thinking Marie." "No. That's too much like Maria." "So? What if I wanted to name her after me but not really?" He gave her a look. "Ok, so no Marie." "How about Jessica?" he asked. "No. I never liked that name." "Ok… how about Alexia? We can call her Alex." "Or Alexandra. I don't really like Alexia." "Well I don't like Alexandra." "Ok, then what about Kate-Lynn?" "Kate-Lynn's pretty. Katie… or Kate." "Yeah. I like that one. Middle name?" "How about Kate-Lynn Marie?" "So it's after you…" Maria smiled. "Yeah." "I like it. That's her name, Kate-Lynn Marie Guerin. Has a nice ring to it, no?" "It definitely does."

********

"I hate you!" screamed Maria. It was January 16th and she was having their baby. "I know you do but you have to push," he said. He was holding her hand, even though she kept trying to push him away. She screamed again. The pain was unbearable and she just wanted to give up so bad. Michael felt so bad for her. He'd gladly do this instead if that were possible but it wasn't so instead, he was there with her during the whole thing. "I need drugs!" "You had drugs," he said and grabbed her hand again. "Get away from me you son of a bitch!" She didn't mean anything she was saying and he knew that. She was just in a lot of pain and had no one else to take it out on. "I can't do this…" "Maria, you have to push. The faster you push, the faster she's out." Maria wanted to cry. She already screamed enough and said enough curse words to last her a year. By now she was sweating and extremely exhausted. "Get her out!" she screamed again and attempted another push. "She's coming out… just keep pushing." He was trying so hard to be there for her but she kept pushing him away. Eventually, after nine hours of labor, Kate-Lynn Marie Guerin was born at 2:07 AM on January 17th. Michael was still by Maria's side. She fell asleep within minutes of the birth and he stayed there the whole night. In the morning he was standing next to the bed waiting for her to wake up. She opened her eyes slowly and looked at him. "Hi," he said in a soft voice. "Hi," she said back. "How do you feel?" "Good." "Really?" "No." He smiled and kissed her lightly. "I'd take the pain for you but I can't." She smiled softly and nodded. "I can handle it." "Want me to go get her? You didn't really get a chance to see her much last night." "Yeah…" He left the room for about five minutes. When he came back he was holding Kate-Lynn with a small pink blanket wrapped around her. Maria sat up as best as she could and Michael handed her Kate-Lynn. "She's so beautiful," said Maria while looking at her. "She looks just like you." "Really?" Maria didn't see it. "Yeah. Look at her eyes, they're yours. And she's got the blonde hair, the cute little nose that's got a small pudge, and those lips that look like they're always puckered up." "My lips don't always look like they're puckered up." "Yes they do. I love your lips." He smiled. "I love your lips too." She smiled back. "She's got your ears though. I bet when she's older she'll start to look like you. A lot of babies do that. Look like one when they're young and then the other when they're older. It's weird." "Maybe. But I hope she always looks like you." "Why?" "Because you're beautiful." "Oh God, don't flatter me when I look like this." "You don't look bad." "Yes I do. I was all sweaty last night and now I have no make-up on and my hair looks horrible." He kissed her softly. "You're gorgeous." She smiled again. "Thank you." She started to blush and he loved when she did that. He smiled again.

*********

"Yes!" screamed Kate-Lynn. She was five now and fighting with her mother already. "Katie, you can't wear that. We're going to Church." "Yes I can!" "No you can't." Maria walked over to Kate-Lynn's closet and took out one of her dresses. She went to her drawers and took out her white stockings and white Mary Jane shoes. "Come here." "No!" She refused to change out of her bright pink Cinderella costume from the previous Halloween. "You can put that back on as soon as we get home." "I wanna wear it to Church!" "You can't! Church is fancy." "This is fancy Mommy!" "Katie, it's a costume. You can't wear a costume to Church." Kate-Lynn began to cry. "Why not?" "Because I said so." Maria walked over to her and began to change her out of her costume. She put her white stockings on and slipped on her light blue dress. After she put her shoes on she wiped her daughters cheeks. "Don't cry." "I wanted to wear my Cinderella costume." "You can't wear that to Church, honey. You can wear it when we get home." Kate-Lynn decided to shut up. She knew she wouldn't win this battle. She followed her mother out of her room and into her own. "Are you almost ready?" Maria asked Michael. "I can't get this tie on right." Maria walked over to him and adjusted his tie. "You had it too tight." "Thanks," he said and grabbed his shoes. He slipped them on and grabbed his jacket. "Ok, let's go." He picked up Kate-Lynn and walked downstairs and out to the car. Maria quickly grabbed her jacket and put it on. She grabbed Kate-Lynn's and followed them outside. "Here. Put this on." She handed the jacket to Kate-Lynn who took it and put it on. Maria buckled Kate-Lynn's seatbelt for her and then buckled her own.

*********

"How do I look?" Kate asked as she walked into the living room where her parents were sitting. Maria stood up. "Oh my God. You look so beautiful." "You look so much like your mother," Michael said as he looked at his daughter in her senior prom dress. "Really? So it's good? It fits right?" "It fits perfectly," said Maria as she adjusted the sides of the dress. "Let me get the camera." Maria went into the kitchen to get the camera. Kate rolled her eyes. "Is she going to cry?" she asked her dad. "Probably," said Michael, who was still sitting down in his recliner. Maria came back with the camera. "Smile." Kate attempted a small smile as Maria took about fifteen pictures. Just then, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," said Michael and got up to answer the door. "Hi. I'm here to pick up Kate," said Kate's date, Paul. "That's not how you introduce yourself to your date's father." "Umm." Paul just looked at Michael. Normally Paul was a good guy and incredibly polite. Tonight he was late to pick her up and now late for prom so was in a bit of a rush. "Let me go over some rules with you before you decide to take my daughter to this little festival you teenagers like to call Prom. First, no touching. During your dances you will keep your hands to the sides at all times. Second, no kissing for more than five seconds. Absolutely no tongue. Third, when you all decide to go on your little overnight party bash thing on the beach, you will sleep in a separate room from Kate and you will say your goodnights at Midnight, no later. Understood?" Paul nodded. "Understood." He was now terrified of her father. Kate finally came to the door. "Hi," she smiled. "Hey…," said Paul. "This is for you." He took out the corsage he'd gotten her and wrapped it around her wrist. "Thanks," she said and smiled again. "Wait. Pictures," said Maria as she came out and started taking pictures of them together. "Mom, we're already late." "Just a few." Kate forced her date to pose for some pictures but then had to go. "Bye, Daddy." She leaned up and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye, Mom." She gave her a quick kiss on the cheek too and ran out the door before they could stop her again. "Remember what I said boy!" yelled Michael to Paul. Paul turned around as he was running and nodded back at Michael. Kate grabbed Paul's hand and pulled him with her. They ran to the limo that was outside waiting for them, filled with their friends. "God, she's gotten so big," said Maria as she leaned into Michael. "I know. She's going to college already." "I know. I remember when she was born like it was yesterday." "Me too." "She's growing up so fast. Pretty soon she's going to be married and having kids of her own." "I know. Probably a lot sooner than we think." They watched as their daughter drove away in the limousine with her friends.

**THE END**

Part 2 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.