FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Sun and Moon"
"WHY CHOOSE FEAR?"
Part 1
by Jennie
Disclaimer: My mind tells me that I own Roswell, but my shrink tells me I'm delusional. You decide.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
"Come on, sleepyhead. Wake up."

Maria kept her eyes closed, hoping that he would go away.

"Maria."

No such luck. She gave in and blinked her eyes, letting them adjust to the light.

"What do you want, dufus?" she mumbled.

"Dad's leaving, remember?"

"Again? Didn't he just get back from a caravan three days ago?" Maria hated it when their father left them.

"Yeah, well that Taylor family checked out fine, so they're leaving. Oh, and yet again, we need more supplies." Kyle dragged the comforter off her and pulled her out of bed.

At the mention of supplies, Maria flinched. Her mind drifted back to the time when she was thirteen, six years after the fighting ended, and when she went with her dad on a caravan for supplies. The trek across the 400miles of empty desert was extremely long and void.

The aliens had taken almost the entire state of New Mexico in the war, but the human forces had managed to keep their base in Roswell, almost dead center in the fighting, intact.

So, in order to get supplies for the still populated town, caravan trips were made through alien territory to Razor's Edge. Razor's Edge was a known border that wrapped completely around the alien land, trapping all inhabitants inside. It consisted of a special fence made of intricate lock mechanisms and flowing with electricity. In addition, they had guards regularly patrolling. So far, no aliens had tried to penetrate through.

Sure, the government had tried other ways like railroads and planes but that only produced casualties. Not one had made it through. Any airplane that flew overhead ended up having a malfunction and crashing. Each train would derail. So they relied solely on cars.

That specific caravan that Maria had begged to go on, had been ambushed on the way back. No one had seen a thing, only desert, then all of a sudden, all four tires belonging to the truck that Maria was in, blew up. Two figures, dressed in long, black cloaks that hooded their faces, stood where there once was only desert.

She heard her father sigh and get out of the truck. The funny thing was that she wasn't frightened. These aliens intrigued her. Maria's dad grabbed her hand and led her to another vehicle to put her inside, but was stopped by a deputy.

"Sir, we can't let them take part of our supplies. We need all of it!" She could tell that he was close to panic.

"Dan, it's okay. We will be fine. They need the supplies as well and if we deny them a truck, who knows how they may retaliate. They haven't harmed us in a six years. Let them have it." Her dad turned to put Maria in the third truck so he didn't see the gun in the deputy’s hand, but Maria did.

"Noo!!!" she screamed, which got the attention of the two alien beings who were busy mending the blown tires with their curious powers.

He fired. Her father threw her to the ground and under the car, but she still witnessed every single second of the slaughter. Each bullet shot was reflected back by some unseen force surrounding the aliens. One minute later, Maria and her father were the only two alive.

"Maria... Maria!" Kyle's voice broke through her painful memories. "You okay?" he asked, his voice soothing and full of brotherly concern.

Maria smiled. "Yeah, let's go say goodbye to dad."

Part 0 | Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.