FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Sun and Moon"
"IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL"
Part 7
by Jennie
Disclaimer: My mind tells me that I own Roswell, but my shrink tells me I'm delusional. You decide.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Starling stopped his jeep in grid G, which now resembled more of a circus than a desert. He knew the basics. Kids snuck out to drink, startled a patrolman and someone got shot.

Why he was called out was beyond him. What did he care about some civilian? Pulling on his uniform cap, Starling watched his men run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

"Idiots," he muttered under his breath and opening the door. He was immediately bombarded with voices. They all swarmed together, producing an incomprehensible mesh. "Jenkins," he said stiffly, impatiently raising a hand to stop the incessant babble.

"Yes sir." Jenkins snapped to attention beside his General.

"Walk with me." With those three words, his meaning was perfectly clear. Everyone fell away leaving Starling and Jenkins walking alone. "Why was I called?" he asked briskly.

"The girl shot is missing, sir," Jenkins replied unemotionally.

"Missing? We're in the desert, she can't be too far."

Jenkins cleared his throat. "There's one more thing sir. Your son was the shooter."

"Damn. Where is he?" Starling's unblemished English accent faltered. "Why is this a code red?" he questioned harshly, gesturing to the Special Op team that was gearing up.

"Travis reports that it was an abduction."

Starling stopped mid-stride and faced the sergeant. "You mean to tell me that those bloody, half-wit aliens took her?"

Nodding, Jenkins continued. "It gets even better sir. The girl is Maria Valenti."

"Bloody hell. Has anyone contacted Valenti yet?" That's just what he needed. 'Mr. Give the Aliens a Chance' meddling in this investigation.

"Not yet. Nobody wanted to be the one to inform him that his daughter is probably dead. Everyone admires him around here."

"I'll do it." Starling turned to move away but was stopped by the other man's hand.

"Sir, isn't this what we always hoped for? A reason to exterminate them once and for all? And with the girl being the daughter of the aliens' strongest ally, there is nothing to stop us."

Don't be so sure. Valenti is stubborn. The aliens killed his wife and he still supported them. We may need to play on his emotions." Suddenly, their attention was drawn to two young men fighting. Or rather, one pounding on the other. Watching five soldiers pull the boy off, Starling identified them as Travis and Kyle. "Have the kids been questioned?"

"Yes. Their accounts are sketchy at times, probably due to their consumption of alcohol, but only Travis saw the girl taken."

"Good. Isolate him back at base. I'll take care of the rest."

"Yes sir." Saluting, Jenkins hurried off to collect the General's son.

Starling signaled another officer as he made is way back to his jeep.

"Yes sir," the officer saluted.

"At ease. Take the kids back to the base. Put them in lockdown 437." The officer nodded. "Keep them together and monitor them. Also, gather everyone here in the debriefing room. That is all."

Once he reached his jeep, Starling picked up the phone. "Get me the Razor's headquarters," he replied curtly to his dispatcher. A few moments later, he was patched through. Starling wanted to get this over with so he could go talk to his son. "This is General Starling. I need to speak to Sheriff Valenti immediately." He almost laughed at the speed with which Valenti answered.

"Starling? What is it? What happened?"

"Jim, I'm afraid that I have very bad news." He paused, listening to the sharp intake of air on the other side of the line. "Maria is dead. The aliens killed her."

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.