FanFic - Michael/Maria
"The Halloween Carnival"
Part 1
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction?
Summary: Our bedoved candy couple experiences the Annual Roswell Halloween Carnival firsthand...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Well, I was working at a Halloween Carnival on Saturday and this idea popped into my mind when I was running the 'Fishing for Ghouls' booth... I don't know why it came to me, but hey, I wrote it and well, you're going to enjoy it! ::giggle:: Okay, I can't be serious right now; forgive me. Too much candy for me already and its only 8 o'clock...
The gym of West Roswell High School was decorated fancifully in blacks and oranges, with ghost and witch drawings hanging up all around the gym. There were many booths, of all different shapes and sizes, ranging from Tic Tac Toes to Fishing for Ghouls.

She groaned and rubbed her eyes, relentlessly trying to rid them of sleep.

It was Saturday morning and she was awake before noon. What had she been thinking when she skipped class? Being punished like this was cruel and unusual.

"DeLuca," she heard her name called from somewhere behind her.

"Sir?" she asked, spinning around to face the speaker.

"DeLuca, you have booth twenty-five... Fishing for Ghouls." He nodded and pointed to their left, towards something that looked like a huge board that was backed into the darkest corner of the gym. "You and your partner get to stand behind there and you get to put candy on the fishing lines for the little kids. All that you have to do is take the clothespin and snap the little candy bags onto them before throwing them back over for the kids. Simple enough? Good," he finished and turned on his heel, walking in the other direction before she could say anything in response to what he had just told her.

"Great," she grumbled under her breath as she slowly walked over to the booth that she would be manning for the next five hours at the Annual Roswell Halloween Carnival at their high school.

She reached the booth and climbed back into it, awaiting her partner, who she was going to have to survive with for part of this Saturday.

Who would be her partner?

Just then, as if her questions were being answered, her partner walked up to the booth and knocked on the wooden platform before he entered the back part of the booth.

"Come on in," she called to him. She looked at her watch. "The carnival's starting at 8:00 sharp, it's 7:59, you'd better get back here."

A lanky boy entered the booth and right before he sat down, he looked to see who his partner was. His face showed his disbelief... of all the people he had to be placed with, why her?

"What's your..." she began as she looked up, surprise crossing her face when she saw who she was going to have to spent her Saturday with.

"Why the hell are you here?" he asked, scowling at her.

"Well, I was just about to ask *you* that," she spat. "Of all the people I have to run a booth with, why am I paired up with you?"

He cast his gaze to the ground. "I... uh... I'll go see if we can get our booths switched." He walked out from behind the booth before she could reply.

Strange.

Michael Guerin trying to fix a problem.

She rubbed her eyes again and looked at her watch.

8:01.

The carnival had started.

* * * * *

Michael rushed across the gym to the administrator, one of his teachers who he had conveniently forgotten the name of.

When he approached the man, he started, "Excuse me, sir, but I was wondering if there could be any way that I could switch booths with anyone..."

The administrator looked up from his clipboard at him and sneered. "I'm sorry, Mr. Guerin, but the carnival has started. Too late to change your mind now."

Michael scowled.

He was going to have to spend half of his Saturday with *her,* dammit!

He groaned and rubbed his eyes, attempting to wake up a little more, nodding slightly to the older man who stood in front of him before he walked back to their booth.

* * * * *

Maria was brought out of her daydream when she heard someone grumble under his breath and plop down next to her behind the booth.

She looked up and found Michael Guerin sitting next to her, cursing under his breath.

She raised a questioning eyebrow and he turned to look at her.

"He wouldn't let me," was all that he said before he was hit in the head by one of the 'fishing lines,' consisting of string with a clothespin on the end.

He smirked and tugged on the line, clasping a bag of candy on the end of it. When the kid on the other side of the board felt the tug, he pulled back on the line and the bag of candy went sailing over the top of the booth.

Maria giggled and Michael scowled at her.

Oh yeah, today was just going to be *great.*

* * * * *

Four hours later, Michael Guerin and Maria DeLuca were still working at the Halloween Carnival, both tiring quickly.

"I'll take this one," Maria said lazily, holding up the makeshift fishing line. "You get the next one."

Michael nodded and yawned.

Things weren't going any faster back there.

The kids seemed to be avoiding the 'Fishing for Ghouls' booth with a passion, leaving Michael and Maria with nothing to talk about and to bicker about who got to have the next one when they actually did get someone to play at their booth.

"I've got to get out of here," Michael mumbled quietly, resting his head in his hands.

"Why is that?" Maria asked, spinning around from her last 'bite.' "Have to be saving the world with your super powers? Or do you just need to be having your beauty sleep?"

He didn't answer.

All that he did was smirk at her.

She turned her back on him and busied herself in cleaning up the booth. It was pretty messy for something that had only been worked in for about four hours. And she definitely wasn't going to leave with it this way. So she started to clean it.

All of a sudden, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her slim waist and pulled her backwards, away from the front of the booth.

She spun around to find Michael, face to face with her.

And then, his full lips were on hers.

She tried to pull back, in surprise, but Michael had his mind set on what he wanted to do and was steadily pushing her towards the wall.

His tongue slipped into her mouth and she moaned. Their tongues were dancing together and she didn't want it to stop. Ever.

How long had it been since they were doing this?

How long had it been since they had actually talked about being a couple?

She didn't care anymore, she finally decided, and gave into the pleasure that she was experiencing.

How could she have forgotten what this felt like?

She nibbled on his lower lip as his hands ravaged her body.

If she had much more of this, she might not be able to stop herself…

Just then, as if some benevolent being saw that Maria didn't want this tremendous feeling to end, something hit Michael's head, causing him to lean back, question in his eyes.

Maria reached to the top of his head to see what had interrupted their serious make out, making up session.

She giggled when she realized what she found.

"What?" Michael asked, a hurt look on his face.

"Your turn, Spaceboy," Maria gasped between her laughs.

Michael grinned at her and turned around, carefully holding the line so that he wouldn't tug on it as he walked over to get the candy for the unfortunate kid who had messed with their make out session.

He scribbled something on a sheet of paper and attached it to the extremely large candy bag before he yanked on the bag, signaling that the ghoul had been caught.

The little kid who had sent the line over to receive candy got a shock when a huge bag of candy with a note attached to it flew back over the side of the booth.

His mother gasped when she read the note from the workers of the booth, which was scribbled illegibly on a small scrap of paper.

"Ghouls on strike. Come back next year," was all that it said.

And from behind the booth, the mother could have sworn that she heard a girl moan in pleasure and a boy laughing under his breath as they walked away.

The End

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.