FanFic - Michael/Maria
"West Roswell Story "
Part 10
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell. I don't own West Side Story. I don't own Romeo & Juliet. I don't really own too much do I?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"Michael? Are you here?" Her voice echoed off the walls of the cave as she stumbled inside. Alex flipped on his flashlight, and taking Isabel's hand shined it deep within the empty cavern. They saw a figure huddled on the ground beneath the glowing map on the wall.

"Michael? Are you okay?" Isabel asked as she and Alex approached Michael. He moved slightly letting them know he was alive at least, but he didn't speak. Alex lit a match and brought it up to light one of the torches on the cave wall, then lit the rest, illuminating the darkness. Isabel knelt next to her friend. "Michael? What is it?"

"I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have hurt Kyle. Then we wouldn't have to leave. I'm so sorry Isabel. I'm sorry for everything."

"Shhh. We all knew we'd have to leave someday. It's just that we expected to be going with Max, too. But we'll be okay, Michael. I know we will."

Sniffling, he sat up and looked her in the eye. "Did you talk to Maria?"

"Yeah, she called the house. She promised she'd be here."

"Did you tell her it was an accident?"

"She knew Michael. She knew you wouldn't hurt Kyle for no reason. And she loves you. No matter what you've done. Don't worry. She'll show."

He smiled at her sadly, thankful for Isabel's assurance. He leaned over and gave her a hug, which she returned warmly.

"Well isn't that sweet." The three teens cringed at the familiar voice, and turned around to find a gun trained on them.

"Valenti." Michael said with a cold look.

"Yes, it's me, Mr. Guerin. And I'm here to take care of this situation once and for all."

~~~~~

Maria pressed her foot to the accelerator, speeding toward the cave. She had told her mother she needed to check on Liz, which she had dutifully done. She was passed out in her bed- the shock and sedatives had finally gotten to her. But she hadn't anticipated Liz's parents being so overly concerned about her. They had tried to get her to talk about what happened, ignoring her statements that she needed to get home to her mom and Jim. She only hoped she wasn't too late to say goodbye. Or maybe go with them if they'd let her. She checked the rearview mirror for police lights as she sped toward the Mesaliko Reservation.

~~~~~

"Mr. Whitman, why don't you step away from the Aliens."

"Sheriff, I don't know what you're talking about. No one here's an Alien."

"Oh cut the crap, Alex. We both know what they are. In fact, why don't we prove it?" The Sheriff spun his gun away from Michael and Isabel and squeezed the trigger. The bullet hit Alex in the ribs and he hit the ground.

"ALEX!" Isabel screamed at the explosion, and Michael caught him before he hit the ground. Flying to his side, Isabel leaned over him, pressing her hand to the wound. "Alex can you hear me?"

"Yeah," came his faint whisper.

The Sheriff looked at the trio on the ground. "Sorry about that Alex. I just wanted to prove a point. Go ahead, one of you heal him. Just like Max did that day Liz was shot at the diner. I want to see it. And you better hurry. He's losing a lot of blood."

Alex choked out a cough, and blood began to drip from the corner of his mouth. "Izzy, don't do it. You can't."

The tears were flowing freely down her face as she spoke to him, stroking his cheek. "Alex, I have to, you'll die."

"Isabel, please, don't give him what he wants. I didn't want to live without you anyway. Just remember one thing. I love you. I have loved you for as long as I can remember, and I will love you forever." His head fell backwards as he passed out.

"Alex, damn you, don't die on me!" Isabel looked up at Michael, who nodded his head. Isabel held her hand over Alex's wound, her palm beginning to glow, the wound closing in on itself. Alex remained out, but the bleeding had stopped, and the gunshot was healed. Valenti laughed mirthlessly.

"I knew it. I was right all along. My father was right, and so was Hubbell. I saved your worthless ass from him when he was about to shoot you and Max, Guerin, and you kill my son!"

Michael stood up. "He killed Max. Kyle started this. Not us!"

"Oh and why was that? Why did he suddenly decide to go after you two? Did you antagonize him somehow? What did he have on you that you had to kill him?"

"No! That's not what happened. It was an accident! I swear I didn't mean to. He just... Kyle found out about Maria & me."

The Sheriff looked a bit confused. "Maria? That's what this is all about? I was wondering why she was in such a rush to get here."

"She told you?" Isabel asked, not willing to believe Maria would betray them.

"I had your phone tapped, Ms. Evans." He turned back to Michael. "You and Maria are... in love? And she knows what you are?"

Michael nodded in response. "Kyle saw me climbing out of her window this morning. He thought I was just using her, he was trying to protect her, I guess. He wanted to fight me, and Max got in the way, and Kyle hit him. Max's head hit the lightpost- he was dying." Michael's voice grew louder as the emotions took over. "I tried to heal him, but Kyle freaked out and broke my concentration. Then I just snapped. What would you do? Max was my best friend, dammit!"

"And Kyle was MY SON!" The sheriff screamed as the gun's explosion echoed through the cave again. Michael hit the ground, blood seeping from his chest. Isabel moved toward him, but the sheriff's voice cut her off. "Don't move. Or you're next."

"You can't just let him die!"

"Oh I think I can Ms. Evans. After all he's done to my family, I think he's getting exactly what he deserves."

Michael coughed, trying to take in air. The Sheriff turned as he heard footsteps behind him. Maria's voice called out, "Michael? Isabel? I thought I heard a gunshot..."

Jim looked at his stepdaughter with venom. "You did Maria."

She looked around the dimly lit cavern and saw Isabel cradling Alex's head on her lap, and Michael on the ground about 5 feet away from them. "Michael? MICHAEL!!" She ran toward the body lying on the ground, and dropped to her knees next to him. "Michael, can you hear me? Isabel, fix him, please!"

Isabel sniffled. "I can't Maria, he said if I tried to help Michael he would shoot me next."

Maria looked into the cold eyes of her stepfather. "What's wrong with you? You have to let her heal him!"

"Maria, he killed Kyle. Justice is served."

The tears began to flow freely as she looked at him in horror and disbelief. She turned back to her lover, bleeding profusely from the chest wound. She took his face in her hands. "Michael? Can you hear me, baby? I love you. Please don't go, Michael, I can't live without you."

His eyes fluttered open, and his mouth began to twitch, faint sounds coming out. Finally he took a deep breath and looked up into Maria's eyes. "I love you, Maria. Kiss me goodbye?"

"No, Michael, you can't die. I won't let you! I love you."

"I know you love me, baby. Please can I have a kiss?"

Maria leaned over him and pressed her lips firmly against his, savoring the feel of him one last time. She pulled away to hear him whisper. "I'll always love you, Maria. Always." Then his lips stilled, and his eyes glassed over.

The sound that tore from her throat was inhuman. Leaning her forehead in to touch his, she cried, desperate tears falling onto his face. She began to plant irrational kisses all over his face, mumbling as she did. "I love you Michael Guerin. I love you. I love you..."

The Sheriff pulled his walkie-talkie off his belt, and made a call to the station. "Valenti here. I need a cruiser sent to the old cave by the Mesaliko Reservation."

"10-4 sheriff. Anything else?"

"Yeah. Call the special FBI unit and tell them I have a live one here. They'll know what I mean."

"You got it Sheriff." He looked on as Isabel Evans brushed the hair off Alex's sleeping forehead, her eyes betraying her fear of him and what was coming. He watched as his stepdaughter cried over the dead body of her boyfriend. He shook his head in misery, tears finally beginning to fall for the loss of his son, and the things he had just done.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Michael - Maria
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.