FanFic - Michael/Maria
"West Roswell Story "
Part 9
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell. I don't own West Side Story. I don't own Romeo & Juliet. I don't really own too much do I?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"What? Michael you killed Kyle?"

"I did, I was so angry I just snapped." He sobbed on her shoulder as he told the story. "He was running away down the alley, and I lost control. I ran after him and tackled him. Then I started punching him, everywhere, as hard as I could. He started begging me not to hurt him, but it was like I couldn't stop. I don't even know how I knew what to do. But I put my hand on his head, and I drained the life right out of him. Oh, god, Izzy, what did I do?"

Her own tears began again as she realized the depth of the situation. "Oh, Michael. Was there a handprint?"

Michael simply nodded, unable to speak. Isabel looked at Alex, who said nothing, but looked like someone just cut off his arm. Isabel wiped at her cheeks, then grabbed Michael's' face between her hands. "Listen to me Michael. We have to leave. Now. I can't even wait for my parent's to get home to tell them about Max. It's too dangerous."

"Izzy, where are we going to go?"

"It doesn't matter. I'll pack some clothes and some food for us. Get out of here now, Michael. But don't go home. Meet me at the cave near the Reservation. In about an hour. They haven't called to tell us anything yet about Max, so if anyone is watching the house or anything they'll just think me and Alex went for a ride. Okay, Michael? Do you understand me?"

He nodded again, still so unsure of himself. "Iz, what about Maria- I have to explain to her..."

"Michael, I know you love her, but we can't risk going to her. What if they're already looking for us?"

"Izzy I know I did a stupid thing, and it's all my fault we're in this mess. But you have to promise me you'll tell Maria to meet us at the cave. I have to say goodbye to her. I can't walk away letting her think I am a cold-blooded killer- she has to understand why I did it, and she has to know that I love her. Will you tell her Izzy?"

"Michael, I don't think..."

"Isabel, promise me you'll let her know. Promise!"

"Fine, Michael. I promise. Now get out of here!" Leaning out the open window, she hugged him to her fiercely, then released him, and watched him run toward the road that led out of town.

She turned to Alex, who remained on the bed, shock and dismay written across his face. "Oh god, Alex. What are we going to do?" She rushed over to him, collapsing into his arms. He soothed her, knowing that tonight was probably the last night they had together. Alex began to cry quietly as the gravity of the situation sank in. Max and Kyle were dead. And Michael and Isabel were leaving forever.

Alex and Isabel held on to each other tightly, the moments passing by too quickly. The sudden shrill ringing of Isabel & Max's phone line broke the moment, and Alex leaned over to answer it. "Hello?"

"Alex, is that you?"

"Maria? Where are you?"

"That isn't important. We have a big problem. I need to talk to Isabel."

"We already know about Max and Kyle. Michael was here."

"Is he still there? Is he okay?"

"He was you know, really upset, but I think he was okay physically. He just left."

"How is Isabel doing?"

"Not so good. You want to talk to her?"

"If she's up to it." Alex looked into his girlfriend's blurry eyes, silently asking her if she wanted to talk to Maria. She nodded and he handed her the phone.

"Maria?"

"Isabel- how are you?"

"Well, I'm kind of still in shock to tell you the truth. I can't believe Max is gone."

Maria could hear the emotion in her voice. "Liz is... well she had to be sedated. They took her home, but I don't think she's going to be okay for a long time. Listen Isabel; the reason I called was to warn you. Jim went down to the scene- he's going to see Kyle's body and know what that handprint means. You have to leave now- and take Michael with you."

"Damn, I was hoping we had a little time before they came for us. Listen Maria, you have to know that Michael didn't do this on purpose- it was an accident..."

Maria cut her off. "I know Isabel. He couldn't have done something like that willingly. He has so little control over his powers."

"He asked me to tell you something. He wants to say goodbye to you and explain everything. We're meeting at the cave near the reservation where we healed him. In an hour. Please come? It'll be your only chance to see him before we leave. And I don't think we can ever come back."

"Whatever it takes, I'll be there, Isabel, I swear. Just don't leave before I can get there."

"We won't. See you soon." Isabel hung up the phone and turned to Alex. "C'mon, we have to hurry." She stood and ran to the closet, dragging out two large bags. Before starting to stuff some of her most durable clothes in one of them, she threw the other to Alex, who headed next door to grab some of Max's clothes for Michael. ~~~~~~~

In his office at the police station, Sheriff Valenti sat at his desk, still in shock over his only son's death. He pressed the rewind button on the small tape recorder in his top drawer. Pressing the play button after a few seconds, he heard his stepdaughter's voice loud and clear, followed by the voice of Isabel Evans telling Maria to meet them at the cave near the reservation in an hour. To say goodbye to the alien that killed his son. He knew bugging the Evans' phones would come in handy someday.

He stood and strapped on his gun belt, then pulled his weapon out of the holster, inserting bullets into the clip one at a time. When it was full, he slid it home into the gun and replaced it on his hip. Grabbing his hat, he set it on his head, and headed for the door. It was time to find a killer.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.