FanFic - Michael/Maria
"West Roswell "
Part 1
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell. I don't own West Side Story. I don't own Romeo & Juliet. I don't really own too much do I?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Okay, this was one of my first fic ideas, but I held off on doing it until I could think of a more plausible plot than having Michael run around singing "Maria, I just met a girl named Maria" cause that is SO not him. It's a cross between the whole West Side Story/Romeo & Juliet IDEA and Roswell. Only without the songs. (Though that in itself would be way too amusing. Can't you see Max, Michael & Alex singing "Sheriff Valenti" instead of "Officer Krupke" and Isabel leading a chorus of "I like to be in Roswell, Life is okay in Roswell" LOL!) Anyway, to make it work I have had to progress the timeline to 6 months from the end of "Sexual Healing". So it's late August of 2000, about 2 weeks before they all start their Junior Year. We'll presume that Michael and Maria are together, but keeping it a secret from everyone but Alex, Is, Max & Liz. Amy DeLuca has married Sheriff Valenti and Maria and she moved in with him & Kyle. Kyle & Maria are attempting to be civil. That's about it I think. Hope this turns out well.
"So anyway, that's about the gist of it." Maria looked skeptically at Liz Parker as she finished telling her best friend about her date with Max the previous evening. "I swear Maria, nothing else happened."

"Sure Liz, nothing happened. If you say so."

Liz grimaced, knowing she was so busted. She tried changing the subject. "Well what about you? What did you do last night?"

"You know we had a show. It went really well, too. Got paid and everything." Maria smiled as she wiped the counter down.

"No, I'm talking about after the show. Get any visitors in the dressing room?"

Maria smirked, mumbling under her breath, "Maybe."

A male voice broke the chick chat. "Oh yeah? Anyone I know?" Kyle Valenti approached the counter.

Maria and Liz instantly sobered, knowing their conversation about their boyfriends was over. Max was a sore subject for Kyle, and Maria had been keeping hers and Michael's relationship a secret. She was pretty sure her new step-father, the Sheriff, wouldn't approve of her dating a boy who not only had his own apartment, but who had been arrested on numerous occasions. He was pretty cool as far as step-dads went, but she wasn't willing to throw any more suspicion on the Aliens just so she and Michael could hold hands in public.

Maria swallowed, preparing to lie to her stepbrother, who could also be pretty nice when no one was around. He liked looking out for her. "No, just some guy who liked the show. He wanted my number."

Kyle raised an eyebrow at her. "Well I hope you didn't give it to him."

Maria rolled her eyes at him. "No, DAD, I didn't give the strange boy my number."

He smiled at her sarcasm, then gave as good as he got. "Good. I didn't feel like beating the groupies off my little sister."

Maria took a breath, about to start ranting at him. "Kyle, we've gone over this many times. I can take care of myself, and you're only 2 months older than me."

He held up his hands in surrender. "Whoa! Hold on! I was just kidding with you. Your mom asked me to drop by before practice to give you the grocery money and list, since her and dad are going away for the night and you'll be home before me."

Liz, who had been silent up 'til now, decided to join the conversation. "Oh yeah- Football practice starts today. Triple sessions, right?"

Kyle nodded his head. "Yeah. This morning was running and calisthenics. I had to be at the field at 6 am. Then earlier this afternoon was drills and stuff. The last session is from 3 to 5- we're going to start learning and running the plays. I hope my arm can handle it."

Maria chuckled. "My brother, the star Quarterback, ladies & gentlemen!" Kyle gave a silly little bow.

Liz laughed out loud. "If I didn't know better I would think you two really were brother and sister the way you bicker."

They both rolled their eyes, and Kyle reached into his pocket for the money. "Here's what she gave me. But I'm not too sure about some of the stuff on this list- Tofu, Goat Cheese? How can a man live on this?"

"Your father certainly hasn't been complaining."

Liz burst out laughing again, and watched as Kyle walked away a little red faced. As he got to the door, he waved and said loudly, "I'll be home around 5:15. Make something edible for dinner okay?"

"You wish!" Maria yelled as the door swung shut after him.

"You two sound like an old married couple," remarked Isabel Evans as she approached the register to pay her bill.

"Yeah, a little too much if you ask me," Michael grumpily added coming up behind her.

Maria grinned, knowing Michael was just a little jealous. She reached across the counter and patted his hand, whispering, "Oh, honey, did you want me to save up all my energy to fight with you?"

He pulled his hand away, pretending that he was hurt. "Oh no, go ahead, fight with your dear step-brother. See if I care."

Liz and Izzy groaned at their friend's mock fighting. "You two make me ill sometimes." Isabel was always so blunt.

"Us?" Maria said in shock. "What about you and Alex? You look like you're going to kill someone with a death ray every time some girl talks to him after a show."

"Oh shut up." She smiled though, and Maria knew she had said the right thing to make Isabel realize how hypocritical she was being. "Michael, do you want a ride home?"

"No, I'll walk. I think I have a few errands to run before I go home." Isabel sighed, knowing that meant he was going to head around to the back door of the Crashdown to meet Maria and plan their evening.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you later then. Liz, Max said to remind you that he's picking you up at 7."

"Yeah, I remember. I just wish he wasn't stuck working as a camp counselor all day though."

"He seems to like it. All the kids love him. Well, I'm out of here. Bye guys." She pulled her keys out of her pocket and headed out the door.

"Can you take a break now?" Michael whispered impatiently.

"Hold on, I'll check with the boss," She whispered back. Turning to her best friend and the manager of the Café, she asked, " Liz, is it time for my break?"

Liz looked at her watch. "Yeah, you can take it now. But I'm coming back there to get you in 15 minutes."

Maria smiled, and nodded to Michael, who was already heading out the front door. He waved to both girls as if he was really leaving then pushed through the door.

The blond waitress again turned to her best friend. "Thanks Lizzy. I promise I won't be late coming back this time." She headed for the break room whistling a happy tune as she went.

"Yeah, right," she muttered to herself skeptically. "And I'm not in love with an Alien."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.