FanFic - Michael/Maria
"West Roswell "
Part 4
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell. I don't own West Side Story. I don't own Romeo & Juliet. I don't really own too much do I?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Later that night, Michael sat at his apartment hanging out with Max, waiting for Liz and Maria to get off of work. Michael had a rare night off, and Max had come over to keep him company and watch the hockey game.

"So, Maxwell, what's new? I never see you anymore- one of us is always working."

"Not too much, but I like working with the kids. They're fun, and they never try to figure me out- they just accept me as I am you know? Like Liz does." He reached into the bag of Doritos next to him and shoved a few in his mouth.

As he crunched away, he handed the bag to Michael who also grabbed a handful. "Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. Maria is like that too."

"Speaking of Maria, are you guys ever going to quit sneaking around? The Sheriff is going to find out sooner or later, and then you'll both be in trouble. Why not win some points and tell him yourself?"

"I don't know. It's just that he already doesn't trust you and me, Max. What if he freaked out and forbid Maria & me from seeing each other. He can do that- we're both minors. She does still have to live in that house- why make it harder on her? We can just wait 'til we're 18 and then he can't do anything about it because legally she'll be an adult."

Max shook his head. "I guess you're right. It just seems like a lot of hassle. And besides, I think aside from the fact that she once found you in her daughter's bed, Maria's mom likes you. She could talk to the Sheriff- get him to accept it."

"Well, yeah, she could decide to help, but what if she decided I wasn't good for Maria and jumped on the split us up bandwagon? Then where would we be?"

"Hmmm. Good point. All right so leave things as they are, I guess. I just hate to see you and Maria having to pretend you aren't in love."

Michael choked on his chips. "Love? Who said anything about love?" At Max's withering look, he conceded. "Okay, so I love her. And yeah she loves me, too. What's your point?"

Max smiled at his friend's reluctance to talk about his feelings. "I don't have one. I'm just saying it sucks is all. I remember when Liz and I used to have to hide our feelings. It's just hard to do."

"Yeah, I guess so. But we're kind of used to it by now. Anyway, the game's almost over. Let's go get something to eat."

The darker-haired boy feigned innocence. "And where on earth would you like to go? The Crashdown Cafe perhaps?"

"You're so funny, Maxwell." He grabbed his jacket and threw Max's at him. "Come on."

Max caught his jacket in mid air, and shrugging it on, he followed Michael out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Valenti house, Kyle was restless as he watched TV. His dad and Amy, returned this afternoon from their night away, were cuddled up on the couch across the room, which made him a little uneasy, but he was more disturbed by the fact that Maria was getting off work soon. Gee, he thought to himself sarcastically, wonder where she's going after work?

He stood up quickly, and handed the remote control to his father. Heading toward the door, he grabbed his keys off the hook.

"Kyle, where are you going so late? Don't you have practice early in the morning?"

"Um, yeah, dad, I do. But I thought I'd be nice and pick Maria up from work. Make sure she gets home okay."

The former Amy DeLuca smiled at her stepson. "That's really nice of you Kyle, but she called and said she was staying at Liz's tonight."

"Oh, okay. Well, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to go make sure she doesn't need a ride."

Jim Valenti looked at his son strangely. "Kyle? That's very nice of you, but... are you sure that's the only reason you're going to the Crashdown?"

Kyle gulped. Did hid dad already know about the Maria & Michael thing? Was he getting all worked up over nothing? "Well, um..."

His dad smiled. "Going to see Liz Parker, huh? Still haven't gotten over her?"

Kyle's face dropped. "No, dad, I'm not going to see Liz. I was just having a craving for an Alien Blast."

Amy looked at the boy, who was obviously embarrassed by his dad's attempt at relating to him. "Well, since you're going anyway, Kyle, why don't you let us treat you? And can you bring back 2 for us?" Reaching into her pocket, she held out a 10 for him to take.

His face softened. He really did like Amy. She was good for his father, and it was sort of nice to feel like there was a mom around the house again. Even if she wasn't technically his mom. He walked over and took the money. "Thanks. I'll be back in a while."

She nodded at him, and replaced her head on Jim's shoulder. After Kyle closed the door behind him, Amy turned to Jim. "You have a lot to learn about teenagers."

The sheriff, completely confused, looked at his wife. "What did I do?" She shook her head and took the remote from him, changing the channel to the early news.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.