FanFic - Michael/Maria
"West Roswell "
Part 5
by Danielle
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell. I don't own West Side Story. I don't own Romeo & Juliet. I don't really own too much do I?
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
"Oh, man, I am so ready to get out of here." Liz Parker said as she swept the floor of the Crashdown Cafe.

Maria nodded. "Me too. What do you think the guys have planned for this evening? They look awfully smug sitting over there in the corner booth."

Liz glanced over at her boyfriend and his best friend munching on their appetizers. It was after closing, but Liz and Maria always let Max and Michael stay late. "I dunno. But I bet it'll probably entail us hanging out at Michael's so there are no parental figures around."

"Are Izzy and Alex coming?"

"I didn't get a chance to ask. I was too busy when I was giving them their food."

"Well, why don't you go ask them now. I can finish doing the counters and the shake machine, and then we'll be out of here."

"Okay." She finished sweeping her last pile of dirt, straw wrappers, and old fries off the floor, then headed over to talk to Max and Michael.

Maria was busily trying to get a gooey chocolate puddle off the expanse of counter near the shake machine when she heard the light tapping at the door. She looked up to see Kyle standing there.

A bit shocked at his sudden appearance, she walked to the door and unlocked it. "Hey. What are you doing here?" she asked as he stepped through the door.

"2 things. One, I was making sure you had a ride home."

She looked over at the corner where Michael sat with Liz and Max. "Oh, didn't my mom tell you? I'm staying at Liz's."

He looked at her intently, eyes boring into hers. "Are you sure you want to do that? I mean it looks like she's kind of busy." He pointed to the only full booth.

"Oh yeah, well, she always lets Max in after hours. He's leaving soon."

He looked at her pointedly. "What about Michael? Is he leaving soon too?"

Her eyebrows knit. "Yeah, Kyle. He'll probably leave when Max leaves. They came in together. What's with the 3rd degree?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to change your mind and come home tonight."

"No, Kyle, I'm going to stay here." She shook her head. "What was the other thing you needed?"

He cleared his throat. "I was having a craving for an Alien Blast. I told your mom and my dad I'd bring them back one, too."

She chuckled. "Oh, okay." He followed her as she walked back toward the counter. "Yeah, my mom really likes those things. You're lucky you came in when you did- I was about to clean the shake machine."

Silently he sat down as she poured the flavorings, milk and ice cream into the machine. She then grabbed three large drink cups and filled each with the frosty treat. Maria grabbed a cardboard drink carrier and placed them in, then slid them across the counter to her stepbrother. "Thanks." He handed her the money Amy had given him, and waited as she made change, then gave it back to him.

She walked him to the door. "Okay, well tell my mom I said hi, and I'll see you tomorrow."

Just as she was about to lock the door, he stuck his foot in. "Maria, are you sure you don't want to come home?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I promise I'll be fine. See you later, Kyle." He removed his foot and headed toward the car and she locked the door.

Michael's voice sounded out across the empty diner. "What was that all about?"

Maria approached the booth, shrugging. "I don't know really. He was being weird. He kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to stay over here tonight. Then he bought Alien Blasts for himself, my mom and his dad."

Michael frowned. "Well, if you ask me, I think he has a little crush on you."

Maria and Liz both made noises of disgust. "Ewww- no way! That'd be like, incestuous or whatever."

Liz added, "And it's Kyle! I mean, he's nice and all, but he knows there is no way Maria would go near him. He'd annoy the hell out of her and she'd kill him."

Max laughed at Michael's still pouty face, playfully adding, "Man, you have got to get a grip on your jealousy."

Maria slipped into the seat next to Michael and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Don't worry honey, I'd never pick Kyle over you."

"You better not. Or no more Alien Blasts for you!" She smacked him playfully and laughed as Liz and Max made disgusted faces.

Liz stood up dragging Max to his feet. "Okay, you two. Time to go. We'll see you out back in 10 minutes." She kissed him quickly as she led him to the door. Michael slid right next to Maria and nudged her to get her to let him up. She giggled, not budging. Finally he grabbed her around the middle and stood up, dragging her out with him.

As they reached the door, Michael leaned down and kissed her cheek. "See you in a few minutes."

She leaned back against him for a brief moment, and quietly said "Bye," as she watched he and Max walk out the door.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.