FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Homework and Dance Lessons "
Part 9
by hitchhiker
Disclaimer: The usual. The characters and Roswell don’t belong to me, but to WB, etc. I’m only borrowing them for a while!
Summary: After the brief truce they come to in Sexual Healing, our favorite couple reach a level of semi-comfort in their relationship. (Sigh, if M&M ever become completely comfortable with their lives and themselves, they wouldn’t be M&M!)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Now that Crazy is out, I thought I'd better hurry up and send the final parts of this story in! Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the early parts of this fic - you gave me great encouragement. One acknowledgement needs to be made here: some of the interaction between M&M here is owed to the characterisation in the fanfic series, Roswell Elementary (check it out, it's great! http://www.crosswinds.net/~raddish/index.html). While my story is not at all dependent on the stories there, they've definitely influenced the characters as I see them now.
“Okay,” Maria said, agreeing to lunch at the Crashdown, “Liz and I don’t start work there till 6 anyway, so maybe we could all catch a movie this afternoon. I want to watch that new Ralph Fiennes movie, The End of the Affair.”

Michael just groaned and rolled his eyes. Maria cooing over Ralph Fiennes and his smoldering eyes was too much to bear. He was glad they weren’t dating when The English Patient came out. Max didn’t mind either way. He never minded anything, as long as Liz was there. Isabel was the only one enthusiastic enough to agree with Maria’s choice. So that was that. They were going to catch the movie after which they’d walk Michael to the Pizza Palace in time for his shift, and Maria and Liz would return to the Crashdown with the Evanses. Somehow the simple act of planning that afternoon seemed to clear the tension somewhat, and they agreed to meet at the Crashdown in an hour.

In their jeep, Isabel was plaguing Max with questions of “did you notice” this and “did you see” that. Max just shook his head and said, “Leave them be, Iz. They looked --” He was about to say “happy” but it wasn’t quite the right word somehow. The unlikely couple they’d just left - one volatile pixie blonde and one angry young man with the spiky hair - had looked completely at home, like they’d each found a missing piece of a puzzle they’d searched for all their lives. The irony wasn’t lost on Max that of the three Michael was the first to find his place on this planet he’d spent his entire life rejecting. Isabel wasn’t listening to her brother. She was going on about how Michael should know better than to give in to any “urges”, especially when they were to do with humans. Max wasn’t listening to her either. He was wondering whether it was time he and Liz took a cue from Michael and Maria. . . .

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 10
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.