Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"You Can Take My Breath Away"
Part 11
by Shelbecat
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything – in fact I owe so much that someone probably owns me.
Summary: This was written in response to a challenge. If you want to try it please send your stories to Maria (jkbhjkbvhjbhj@yahoo.co.uk) and Sherry (shelbecat@hotmail.com).
Challenge:
1) MUST BE CC (M/M, M/L, A/I, K/T).
2) Maria, Liz, Isabel, and Tess are the aliens and are quadruplets. They are all like Isabel, ice queens, popular with ALL the boys and are all cheerleaders.
3) Michael, Max, Alex, and Kyle are all on the football team and are all very popular, they are humans and have been in love with the girls since 3rd grade.
4) Must include an on the run road trip and a capture by the FBI.
5) MUST END HAPPILY.
6) Maria and Isabel are closest as are Tess and Liz. Same with Max/Kyle and Alex/Michael. You decide how the guys found out, how they meet, and how long they are kept by the FBI.
And 1 final rule: IT CANT BE ALL SAD, MUST BE LARGELY FUNNY.

Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This fic is in response to a challenge by Maria (above). If it weren’t for her encouragement I probably wouldn’t write any of my fics down so… thanks. It’s technically a CC but I’m candy to the core so don’t expect much couple development outside of M/M. It’s my second fic and I adore feedback so please send some!
Michael’s world was a sea of red. For a brief moment he thought the redness was blood dripping into his eyes from the cuts on his face. As the fog in his mind lifted he could clearly see that the red was coming from a point out in front of him, Maria’s chest.

When Alex had grabbed Isabel away from the gunfire, the force field put up by the sisters, which was already weakened by their waning strength, collapsed. Maria didn’t have a chance. The solitary gunshot that Michael had heard had struck her squarely in the chest, vaulting her backwards into him.

Michael was sitting on the floor of the van, his back against the seat behind the driver, his legs stretched out in front of him. Maria was lying on the floor beside him, her head cradled in his lap. Max sat behind him, Isabel on the floor to his left, and Alex on the seat behind her.

Liz knelt beside Maria on the floor, tears streaming down her cheeks. She felt for a pulse and then placed her hands directly over Maria’s wound.

Michael heard himself yelling for her to stop it. Stop hurting Maria, but no sound crossed his lips.

Beneath Liz’s hands a small glow began to spread out across Maria’s chest. For a few seconds the van was lit up but then the light faded again.

A small cry escaped from Liz’s lips as she lost her connection with Maria. At the sound, Isabel clumsily shifted her body closer to her sister’s and reached out to lay her hands over Liz’s. The strength of the glowing light increased, but not by much. Max, figuring that whatever they were doing they were stronger together, called for Tess who was up front with Kyle. Earlier Tess had given all of her strength to her sisters so they could form the force field. It was slowly coming back but when she saw Liz and Isabel leaning over Maria she felt a new surge of power.

She hurried to Isabel’s side and added her hands to theirs. Now the light grew with a fierce intensity. Michael, Max, and Alex were blinded by it but felt unable to tear their eyes away from the scene unfolding in front of them.

Michael thought his heart would stop when Maria opened her eyes and gasped for air. First Isabel, then Tess and Liz, collapsed on the floor of the van as the connection was broken and Maria was healed.

Maria sat up and gathered the three of them in an embrace as all four Parker sisters wept.

Part 10 | Index | Part 12
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.