FanFic - Other
"After"
"Happily Ever After"
Part 1
by Diana
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters. No infringement intended.
Summary: "Happily Ever After" Another Destiny Tag… Tess’s Point of view
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my interpretation of what the characters were going through a few days/ weeks after ‘Destiny’… Feedback is always appreciated... Thanks to everyone who's sent me feedback on my other stories :-D
They don’t know. None of them understand. Not even Max. That’s funny, isn’t it? I’ve known them all my life. I’ve been dreaming about them forever. But they don’t know me.

I’ve been waiting for this. Max and Michael and Isabel were my imaginary friends when I was a little girl. I used to dream about them every night. In my dreams, I was Cinderella, and Max was my prince. He would always be the one looking for me, not the other way around. My dreams would always end the same: my prince would take me back to his castle. Isabel would be my lady in waiting, my best friend. And Michael would be the brother I’d lost so long ago. Max and I would be married and we’d all live happily ever after. I know that it was just a dream. I really shouldn’t have expected anything like that. I told myself not to get my hopes up. I told myself that it probably wouldn’t be as easy as I hoped. But I didn’t care. Dreams are all I’ve ever had. Why shouldn’t I have the happily ever after that I’ve always had in my dreams?

I probably would have gotten what I wanted. I almost had Isabel. I still think that we could be friends. And Michael… he never would have been the perfect brother I have in my dreams. But I know that once he found out that I was his sister he would have warmed up to me. He’s never really had a family either. I could be his family now. I don’t even mind their relationships with the humans. Isabel could have been with Alex, Michael could have been with Maria, and I’d still have my best friend and my brother. Besides, Isabel and Michael would have figured it out eventually. They would have realized that they don’t need humans. That all we need is each other. That all we need is our destiny. It all would have worked out. Everything would have been okay.

But *she* messed everything up. He fell in love with her instead of me and everything messed up. All I want is a family. My family. I’m so close to them. I’m so close to finally having a real family. But they keep pushing me away. I’ve finally found a place where I’m supposed to belong, and yet, I still don’t belong there.

It makes no sense. My father, my guardian, whatever the hell he is, he told me all about them. He told me how it was supposed to be. He said that the years of searching would be worth it. He promised me. I believed him. But now everything is a mess. He didn’t tell me that we could fall in love with humans. He didn’t tell me that something like this could happen.

I don’t understand. You should have seen his eyes. I could drown in his eyes. You should have seen the way he looked at her. You should have seen the look in his eyes when she walked away from him. He loved her. He loves her. You can see it in his eyes. I actually started to doubt everything just because of the way he was looking at her. And I started to doubt myself just because of the way he was looking at her. It’s not supposed to be this way. He’s supposed to look at me like that. I found them. I found what I’ve been looking for. Everything’s supposed to be okay now. I’m supposed to be so happy. I’m supposed to have my happy ending. My prince. My family. My dreams were supposed to come true. So why am I so confused? Why has my best friend pushed me away? Why does my brother treat me like a stranger? Why is my prince in love with someone else? Crying over someone else? I don’t understand. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Why has my family turned away from me? Why am I the outcast? I’m supposed to be here. I’m supposed to be with them. I belong with them. Why don’t they see that? I’m supposed to have my happily ever after. I’m supposed to have all that I’ve ever wanted. I’m supposed to be so happy. So why can’t I stop crying?

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.