FanFic - Other
"All I Want Is You"
Part 3
by Anne
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of the characters. I have no affiliation with the WB television network or the author, Melinda Metz.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
YOU SAY YOU WANT YOUR LOVE TO WORK OUT RIGHT,
TO LAST WITH ME THROUGH THE NIGHT . . .
YOU SAY YOU WANT DIAMONDS AND A RING OF GOLD,
YOUR STORY TO REMAIN UNTOLD,
YOUR LOVE NOT TO GROW COLD.
OH, THE PROMISES WE MAKE, FROM THE CRADLE TO THE
GRAVE, WHEN ALL I WANT IS YOU . . .

Michelle and Olivia finished their shift without further incident and Michelle breathed a sigh of relief to have made it through without dumping a tray or spilling anything. Joel had eaten and left not too long after their conversation. Olivia had felt both elated and depressed to see him go. She had a hard time working properly with him sitting there and distracting her. But, . . . she liked the distraction. She had felt a little lonely after he left. Strange. In a room full of people she'd felt lonely. In fact, she still felt it a little. At least she had their date tomorrow night to look forward to. Michelle interrupted her thoughts as she downshifted to make the turn to Olivia's house.

Michelle: "Are you sure you want to do this tonight? You seem a little tired or something." (giving her a speculative glance)

Olivia: "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about . . . " (biting her tongue)

Michelle: "Joel?" "Don't worry about it. I'm not going to go out and play in traffic, just because you have a boyfriend now and I don't." (smiling)

Olivia: "He's not my boyfriend. At least I don't think he is. We haven't even been out on a date yet."

Michelle: "Trust me. If it's not yet a fact, it's only a matter of technicality. By tomorrow night, you'll have a boyfriend."

Olivia couldn't help the little flutter of excitement in her stomach at the very thought. Joel. Her boyfriend? Hmmmmm. Michelle parked the car in the driveway and the girls got out and walked inside. Liz didn't even blink when Michelle walked in with Olivia. She'd been at their house so often over the years, she had her own drawer and toothbrush in Olivia's room, not to mention closet space.

Liz: "Hi girls. Are you studying tonight?"

Olivia: "Yep." "We're just gonna head back to my room and get started. Is that o.k.? Do you need help with dinner?"

Liz: (laughing) "Thanks for the offer, but I think I can manage without you. How are you doing, Michelle?"

Michelle: "Oh . . . same as ever . . . nothing better to do than study. Kinda speaks for itself, I guess." (looking dejected)

Liz: (smiling in sympathy) "Don't worry, Michelle. You won't be available for long."

Michelle: "Please tell me that was precognitive and not just something nice to say."

Liz: "Sorry, sweetie."

Michelle: "What good is clairvoyance if you can't use it at will?" (exasperated)

Liz: "I'm not clairvoyant."

Michelle: "Yeah, yeah , yeah. I know. But it amounts to the same thing."

Liz: (chuckling) "I suppose so."

Olivia: "C'mon, Michelle. We better get to work."

The girls walk down the hall to Olivia's bedroom with Michelle grumbling the whole way. Olivia smiles to herself as a plan begins to form in her mind. They just passed Issac's door and it was closed, which meant that he was at home. Olivia had to restrain herself from rubbing her hands together in glee. The interesting thing about the Evans' home was that Issac and Olivia had to share a bathroom. In fact, it connected to both of their bedrooms. It was never really a problem for them, except when Olivia forgot to knock and barged in without thinking. Issac absolutely hated it when she did that. He had even gone so far as to devise a schedule for them, which she never adhered to. The girls walk in and get comfortable. Olivia is glad to see Michelle perking up a bit with the change of attire. They shared almost everything, but Michelle had some of her own things here, too. Right now, they were both wearing cutoffs and T-shirts. They spread their books out on the floor and turned on the radio. After putting in a good half hour on their homework, Olivia gets up and goes to ask her Mom when dinner will be ready. On her way back to her room, she pauses in front of Issac's door and knocks gently. He opens it a little and smiles at her in greeting. She almost chickens out. He is the sweetest brother. Maybe she shouldn't do this . . . What if . . .

Olivia: "Hey. Mom says dinner will be ready in about half an hour. I just thought I'd offer you the first shower, . . . if you want it."

Issac (wondering what exactly was off with his twin, but distracted by the offer) "Are you sure? That would be great!"

Olivia (swallowing hard and hoping she hadn't done the wrong thing here): "Yes. It's no problem. I'll get mine after dinner." (starting to walk away)

Issac: "Liv."

Olivia: "Yeah?"

Issac: "Joel seems like a pretty decent guy." "I like him."

Olivia: (smiling and feeling even more guilty for what she was plotting) "Thanks, Issac. That means a lot to me."

Issac: "Sure." . . . "What's for dinner?"

Olivia: "Oh. I don't know. I forgot to ask."

Issac: (chuckling) "Big surprise there."

Olivia: (grinning and thinking he had a huge surprise in store for him) "Hey. At least I made it to work on time today."

Issac: (feigning shock) "Is Grandad o.k.? You probably gave him an attack."

Olivia: (chuckling) "Shut up." (spinning on her heel she walked away grinning like an idiot) (to herself) "Just you wait, Issac."

Olivia opened the door to her bedroom and stepped inside. Michelle glanced up when she came in, but went right back to her text book. Michelle hated to study, but whenever she applied herself to anything, she did it well. Homework was no exception. Olivia heard the shower come on and settled back down on the floor. Unfortunately, she wasn't getting anything constructive done this evening on her school work. Matchmaking was a demanding, consuming chore. Oh, but the fun she was having. The only downside was not getting to see the looks on either of their faces in that bathroom. Oh well. She'd have to settle for seeing them happily ever after, the way they should be. Michelle looked over at her empty notebook and frowned.

Michelle: "Hey. What's going on? You never let anything get between you and a class project."

Olivia: "I guess I'm just a little preoccupied tonight."

Michelle: "Olivia, I know he's like Mr. Wonderful and all that, but GET TO WORK. I want to finish this some time tonight."

Olivia mumbled an apology and tried to buckle down to the assignment. Unfortunately, now that she had time to rest from her matchmaking plans, her mind was wandering to Joel and tomorrow night. The water went off in the shower. Almost time. Olivia closed her book and flipped over onto her back.

Olivia: "I'm not getting anywhere Michelle! I'm really sorry. Maybe after I eat something I'll be able to concentrate."

Michelle: "Doubt it. . . . (eyeing her best friend) "You really like him don't you? I mean, it's not just how hot he looks."

Olivia: "Yeah. It's more than that, alright. I don't know what it is, but it's more than that."

Michelle: (sighing and closing her book) "Let's go eat . . . my concentration's shot now, too, thank you very much."

Olivia stretched and had to force herself not to laugh out loud. If Michelle thought her concentration was shot now, just wait til after the bathroom incident!

Olivia: "I'm gonna go help Mom set the table. Why don't you go ahead and wash up in the bathroom. I'll see you in a few."

Michelle shrugged and both girls got up. Olivia walked out of her bedroom closing the door behind her. She practically skipped down the hall in anticipation.

Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.