FanFic - Other
"An Affair to Remember"
Part 2
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: I'm not sure who the story belongs to, but it's not mine. Also the characters are not mine either except for maybe a few made up here and there.
Summary: It's a Roswell version of the old classic and WONDERFUL movie "An Affair To Remember."
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"I can't believe it's really you," Michael said in amazement.

"Michael, stop. You've said that five times already," Maria said with a giggle.

"You look so different! Your hair is a lot longer and a different color," he said.

"It's my natural color," she told him.

"Well, you look beautiful."

"Charmer!" She accused. Michael rested his chin on his hand and shook his head.

"God, it's really you," he breathed.

"Michael!"

"Sorry, it's just that...well, I thought..." He didn't want to say it.

"You thought?" Maria asked, gesturing him to continue.

"I thought I thought you were-"

"Dead," Maria finished for him. Michael looked at her in astonishment. He regretted ever saying it.

"It's just that I heard about the car accident after graduation and thought you had died," he explained. Maria looked hurt.

"Oh," was all she could say. "So," she decided to change the subject, "you and Isabel?" Michael nodded. "Married?" "Not yet."

"When?" Maria asked.

"In a few months," he said. "We haven't picked an exact date."

"Well, I can't say I'm not surprised," she told him.

"Why?" He asked with curiosity.

"Well, because." Because you both were stone walls in high school. "You two just seemed perfect for each other," she said with a smile.

He gestured to her engagement ring. "I see you have an engagement of your own."

Maria smiled as she looked at her ring. "Yeah," she said delightfully.

"Kyle Valenti?"

"How did you know?" Maria was shocked.

Michael shrugged as if it was obvious. "Please, I saw the way he would look at you through out high school. You should have seen some of his dreams," he said with a smile.

Maria shook her head, "Please, I'd rather not know."

Michael laughed. "No, actually it was quite surprising because most of his dreams were of you and him married with kids, having a happy life."

"Really?" She asked. Michael nodded. "That's so sweet."

He leaned forward and gave her a mischievous smile. "I said most of them." They both laughed. "Now you know the real reason I hated him in high school."

Maria laughed and muttered, "Men." Michael laughed at her silly expression. "So, I didn't know you lived in New York."

"Actually, I don't," Michael said. "Isabel and I live in Oakland, but I'm transferring to coaching the Giants so we are moving to New York. I'm just going back to California to pick up some more things and close out deals."

"Ah," Maria said.

"Why are you going to California?" Michael asked.

"Alex called me to come down and see about rejoining the 'Whits.'"

"Sounds exciting. Maybe your dream of becoming a singer will come true after all," Michael said. Maria shook her head.

"It's not a definite thing. I'm just looking into starting a dream," Maria told him.

"Hey! At least you're going the extra mile. More than a mile actually," Michael joked. "What does Kyle do?"

"Shortstop for the New York Yankees," Maria answered.

"Really?" Michael was impressed. "I believe that was one of his goals in high school."

"Actually, in high school it was shortstop for the Houston Astros," Maria corrected.

"Hey, I guess Derek Jeter is getting a little old," Michael said and they both chuckled.

"And Isabel? What does she do?"

"Model, but I think she's trying to start a clothing line. 'Isa' fashions something or other," Michael said waving his hand out of habit. He scoffed. "Sounds a bit cliched. A rich guy dating a model."

"Yeah, but you and Isabel have been together since high school, right?" Maria asked.

"No, actually we broke up a year after high school graduation. We just got back together about two years ago," Michael said.

"Well, hey! I read that true soul mates can never be kept apart."

"Is that right?" Michael asked more to himself.

"It's a little known fact," Maria said with a smile.

"You and Kyle?"

Kyle and I soul mates? For the first time in Maria's life with Kyle she asked herself that question. It grew quiet for a few moments and Maria couldn't figure out why she asked herself that question. Soul mates can never be kept a part. It was true, she had read that in a book somewhere, but all of a sudden it started to have a true meaning. She looked up at Michael and noticed he wore the exact same expression she did.

I left Roswell thinking Maria was dead. Now, here we are 10 years later meeting up again. Michael knew that even when he thought Maria was dead he still loved her. He still loved her today, but Maria's statement was getting to him. True soul mates can never be kept a part. Could it possibly be that Maria is his soul mate? He looked up at her and noticed her wearing the same expression.

I wonder what he's thinking.

I wonder what she's thinking.

"So, when did you and Kyle get together?" Michael asked.

Maria took in a deep breath. "About four years ago. I came to New York and decided to go see him play in the World Series. We saw each other again at an after party and well, we've been together since then," Maria explained.

"Sounds rather romantic," Michael replied.

"I guess it is."

"I'm hungry. Do you want to go with me to get something to eat?" Michael asked. Maria nodded and they both got up and left the room.

"Michael Guerin!"

Michael turned around at the sound of his name and saw a man sitting with his wife staring at him.

"I think they might be football fans," Maria whispered.

"Well, I'll be!" The man yelled and got up from his seat. He came over to Michael and extended a hand out. "I'm a big fan!"

"Well, thank you sir," Michael smiled although you could tell he was a little shy.

"I said to my wife," he turned and pointed to a woman in her 30's sitting at the table watching them. "Now they got that quarterback Michael Guerin coaching, I just know he'll take the Raiders to the Super Bowl! Ain't nothing better than getting a god of a football player to coach the team."

Michael smiled widely as he shook his hand. "Well, thank you sir!"

The man shook his head. "No problem. No problem! Just have to give credit where credit is due. Now," he looked over at Maria. "Who is the beautiful young lady with you? Is she your wife?"

Maria immediately shook her head. "Oh, no sir. I'm a friend."

"Oh, good! I still have a chance!" The man said smiling at her. He grabbed Maria's hand, startling her, and shook it. "I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding! I got me a beautiful wife over there." He said and pointed again to his wife who was smiling and trying to contain her laughter. "My name is William. This is my wife Claire. Why don't you join us to eat?"

Michael looked over at Maria and they both smiled. "That would be great," Michael said and they both walked over and sat at the table with William and Claire.

The waiter came over and handed them menus. "You see this man over here?" William asked the waiter. The waiter looked at Michael and didn't recognize him. "He was an all-star football player for the Raiders. Now, he's coaching! Brought them to the Super Bowl three time already!"

The waiter smiled, although he didn't much care. Maria sat there smiling in amusement and Michael just sat there with a shy smile. Maria patted his hand and gave him a secretive smile.

"All star," she whispered and they both giggled softly.

"Now, I'll have me the T-bone steak with mash potatoes and some corn on the cob!" William said. "Claire, what about you honey?"

"I'll just have the chicken and mashed potatoes," she told the waiter. The waiter wrote this down and then looked up at Michael and Maria.

"Ladies first," Michael said to her.

"Well, then I'll have the chicken Parmesan with some mash potatoes also," she said and then smiled at Michael.

"And I'll have the same as her," he said gesturing to Maria.

The waiter started to leave when Maria stopped him. "Oh, could you bring a bottle of Tabasco Sauce?" She asked. The waiter nodded and then left. Maria looked over at Michael.

"You still remember," he said. "Sweet and spicy, right?"

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.