FanFic - Other
"An Affair to Remember"
Part 4
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Michael and William stood up from their seats when Maria and Claire came back.

"Such gentlemen," Claire said as they all sat back down.

"So, what were you two ladies talking about? Hopefully no stories about me," William said. "She loves to talk about me," he added with a wink.

"Boys, boys. Unfortunately woman actually think about other things," Maria said. "Sure you do," Michael said sarcastically.

"Actually, Claire was giving me some marriage advice," Maria said.

"Oh no! Whenever she does that she just winds up bashing men!" William joked. "They never put the toilet seat down! Whenever the toilet paper goes out instead of taking a few seconds to put in the new one they set it on top of the old one!" Both couples laughed.

"Does Kyle do these things?" Claire asked. Maria put on a fake smile then looked at Michael. She felt uncomfortable talking about Kyle in front ofMichael.

"Don't even get me started," Maria said. "But, I can't really say anything because I do those things too."

William pretended to be overly shocked. "Oh my lord! You better tell this Kyle to marry you quick because you're every man's fantasy!" Claire playfully hit him.

"And Michael, what about you? Does Isabel ever have to get after you for doing any of these things?" Claire asked. Michael was quiet for a second as he thought about it.

"Actually, she's hardly ever home to notice," Michael said quietly. The whole table then grew quiet. "What does she do?" Claire asked.

"She's a model," Michael said. The table grew silent again.

Maria looked at Michael sympathetically. "Well, Kyle is hardly home either. He's a baseball player."

"What team?" William asked.

"New York Yankees. He's the shortstop."

"Wait a second? You mean to tell me you're engaged to Kyle Valenti?" William asked with amazement. Maria nodded.

"Well, he's a great man!" William said.

"Thank you. I'd like to think the same," Maria said and looked over at Michael. Michael was staring at the napkin on the table looking very uncomfortable. Then Maria noticed the secretive smiles and looks that Claire and William gave each other. They were thinking that her and Michael should be together.

You love Kyle, Maria. She told herself. William is right, Kyle is a great man. Then why do you have to keep telling yourself this?

You love Isabel, Michael. He told himself. He looked over at Maria. Isabel is wonderful. Then why do you keep telling yourself this?

All these years Michael was so upset over Maria's death. Or when he thought she was dead. Because he had always thought that he'd never get a second chance with her. Now, he she was sitting in front of him alive and radiant as ever.

The train came to a stop and Michael looked at his watch. "Goodness, it's been three hours since the train left. Time as flown by so quickly."

Maria looked at her watch too. "You're right. Wow!"

"Oh no, we are in San Antonio right now. You have to board the next train that leaves tonight at 9 and that takes you to Canada and then to New York," William told them.

"Oh OK, I didn't know that," Maria said. She looked at her watch. "Lord, that means we have 12 hours to kill."

Michael shrugged. "Well, we're here. So we might as well go see that Alamo. What do you say?" He asked.

"William and I are going to meet some friends, but we'll see you on the train tonight. You two have fun," Claire said as they got up from the table and extended their hands out. Michael and Maria shook their hands. "It's been a pleasure." "The pleasure is all ours," Michael said and the couple left.

Michael and Maria were both in the room getting their things together.

"So, Maria are you going with me?" Michael asked.

"Well, actually I have an Aunt here I would like to go visit. I would love it if you'd come with me," She said. "I'd love to go," Michael said.

Maria smiled happily, "Great."

They grabbed their bags and left toward her Aunts house. "Maria? MARIA!"

"Aunt Pilar!" Maria yelled as she embraced her Aunt with a hug.

"Ohmigod, I missed you so much!" Pilar said as she hugged her tighter. After they finished hugging Pilar hit Maria. "What was that for?"

"For waiting so long to come and see me," Pilar said. Then she smiled at Maria and saw Michael. "You've brought Kyle!"

"Oh no, this is not Kyle," Maria corrected her. Michael just stood back smiling while watching the two.

"You and Kyle broke up? See I told you it would happen," Her Aunt said.

"Aunt Pilar, no. This is Michael, a friend." Maria said.

"Oh my, I'm sorry," She said and shook Michael's hand.

"Now we know where Maria gets her good looks," Michael charmed.

"Ooh, now I like him." Pilar said and motioned for them to come in.

They stepped into the Spanish styled house and Michael was in awe.

"This is a beautiful house," he said.

"Thank you, Michael," Pilar said. "Please sit down."

"Thank you," he said and sat down.

"Auntie, we have twelve hours to kill. Would you make some of your pineapple cake? Pleeeaaassseee," Maria pleaded. Pilar laughed and pinched her stomach.

"If it'll get some meat on those bones then of course," She smiled. Suddenly two young girls came tumbling into the room. When they saw Maria both there mouths dropped. "AUNT MARIA!" They yelled in unison.

Maria opened her arms wide and the girls jumped for her. "Oh god, I missed you two!"

"We missed you too, Aunt Maria," they said happily. They stepped back and saw Michael. "Who's that Aunt Maria?" "This is Michael," she said.

"Hi girls," he waved at them.

They waved back. "Hi," the said again in unison.

"Michael, this is Cosette and Fantine," Maria said.

"Les Miserables," Michael said. "Huh?" The girls said again in unison.

"Never mind," he said with a chuckle.

"Aunt Maria, guess what! We got Football Ken and Pop star Barbie! Come and see them, please!" Cosette said. "Yeah, yeah!" Fantine added.

"Well, I'm a sucker for Barbie girls," Maria said and followed them to there room. Michael and Pilar were now left alone.

"Well, Michael do you know how to cook?" She asked.

"As a matter of fact I do, Ma'am." He said.

"Good, now come help me with the cake," she said and motioned for Michael to follow her. "Michael, what do you do?"

"I'm a football coach," Michael said as he mixed the batter.

"Really? You look to young to be a football coach," she said.

"Well, I used to play and then I busted a knee so I went to coaching," he said. "I also paint."

"Really? I read that painting soothes the soul," Pilar said.

"It's very true," Michael said. He smiled as he listened to the banter between Maria and the girls as they played with the Barbies.

"Michael, are you happy?" Pilar asked. Michael was a little shocked by the question, but tried not to let it faze him. He turned around and smiled at her. "I better be. I have everything I want," He said. Not everything, he thought to himself.

"You know, that is exactly what Maria says. I think though that she isn't really. I think she goes for the things that she thinks she should want instead of the things that she really does want," Pilar said.

"Maria," he began. "Does that because she doesn't want to be hurt. But, she doesn't want to hurt anyone else either. She always thinks about other people first."

"That's the problem," Pilar said. "And that is good. But, sometimes you have to go for what you want no matter what other people think."

"Are you talking about Kyle?" Michael asked. Pilar nodded. "She loves Kyle."

"She thinks she does," Pilar said.

"So, you don't think she is in love?" Michael asked.

"No, I think she is in love. Just not with Kyle," Pilar said.

"Auntie, that was some great cake," Maria said.

"Well, I had some help from Michael," Pilar said as she searched through her folder of sheet music. "Now, Maria I want you to do something for me."

"Anything," Maria said.

Pilar came over and handed her a paper, "Sing for me."

"Auntie, no. Come on, I've never heard of this song," Maria whined.

"Sweetie, a true musician could sing on call," Pilar said. Maria looked over at Michael who was giving her an encouraging smile.

"Oh all right," Maria said and got up to stand near the piano.

"Wonderful," Pilar said as she sat behind the piano and began to play. Maria looked at the music and began to sing.

Look into my eyes
You will see, what you mean to me
Search your heart search your soul
When you find me, then you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth trying for
You can't tell me it's not worth dying for
You know it's true, everything I do, I do it for you
Look into your heart, you will find
There is nothing there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fighting for
I can't help it, there's nothing I want more
You know it's true, everything I do, I do it for you
There is no love, like your love
And no other could give me more love
There's nowhere, unless you're thereAll the time, all the way
You can't tell me it's not worth trying for
I can't help it, there nothing I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah I'd die for you
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you.
(Everything I do-Brian Adams)

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.