FanFic - Other
"An Affair to Remember"
Part 8
by Andaluchia
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Maria took in a deep breath as she looked at her calendar. It said April 15th. In exactly two months she'd be meeting up with her love again and she could barely wait. Everyday she had to refrain from looking him up, calling him, and getting together earlier. But, they had made a promise to each other and they had to keep it. She knew that once they met up again their love would be forever. Of course she had to be honest with herself, even if one of them didn't show up there love would still be forever, but she didn't want to think that one of them might not show up. "Maria?"

Maria shook her head and looked up at Alex. "Sorry, Alex."

"Are you OK?" He asked with much concern. Maria smiled. He always cared about her like a big brother. "I was just thinking," she answered.

"About what?"

"I was just thinking about how glad I am that you wanted me to get back in the group," she told him. Alex smiled at her.

"Well, you know, I couldn't find anyone else," Alex lied.

Maria playfully hit. "Shut up!" They both laughed. Then they stopped and Alex looked at her seriously.

"So, what were you really thinking about?" He asked her.

Maria rolled her eyes. "Alex, what makes you think that I was thinking about something else?" she asked. "Well, you had a goofy smile on your face and me asking you to get back in the group isn't THAT exciting. So, why are you so happy? Is it a guy?" He asked.

"What makes you think it's a guy?" She asked him.

"Well, for starters every song you've given me is happy. You always used to write those sad love songs. And I've never seen you look like that ever. So, it must be a guy. And not just any guy. The 'one' guy," he said.

"Think what you want," she said.

"OK, fine. But, one question, Is he the reason you broke up with Kyle?"

"Alex!"

"Alright, Alright! I'll leave you alone...this time. But, I fully intend on getting the full scoop on this one day," he told her. Maria laughed as she got up from the seat and stretched.

"Well, I promise to give you the full scoop when there is one," she said as she leaned down and hugged him. "Now, I have to get back to the kiddies. So, I'll see you in the studio tonight," she said.

"Alright, Bye," he said.

"Bye," she said and walked towards the playground.

"Mr. Guerin, I must say you have made us proud. This is a beautiful gallery you have here."

Michael took a sip of his wine and then smiled at the man, whom he had no idea was. "Thank you, sir." He said.

"Are all these paintings by you?" He asked.

"Yes, they are," Michael answered.

"There must be about thirty here. I read that you painted all of these in two months since you began starting the gallery. How did you do it?" He asked.

"Well, I have quite a muse," Michael said with a smile.

"Well, your muse must be quite the woman," the man said with laugh.

"And what makes you think my muse is a woman?" Michael asked wondering how the man knew.

"Oh please, you have the face of a man in love. Besides, the muse of a man is always a woman," The man chuckled as he walked away. Michael had to smile. It is true he is very much in love with his muse. And he couldn't wait to see her again. Maria is quite the inspiration, but one painting he worked hard on was not in the gallery. It is a painting of Maria, dressed in a beautiful blue dress, and dancing in the stars. That one he was saving just for her. He couldn't wait to see her face in a month when she sees it.

"Hey, Michael." Michael turned around and saw Max. "Hey, Max."

"You've got quite a place here," Max said.

"Thanks." Silence.

"Isabel is here," Max said all of a sudden. Michael looked at Max.

"Is she really?"

Max nodded. Michael looked up and saw Isabel walking towards them. She came up to Michael and gave him a hug. When they hugged Michael knew there was peace between them, that they were friends.

"Hi, Isabel," he whispered. She pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes.

"Hey," she whispered. "I came to wish you great luck on this place. Whatever has inspired you, I'm happy," she said and Michael knew she meant that he was in love with someone.

"Thank you."

"Children, shush!" Maria said with a smile on her face as the children piled into the classroom. They all quickly grabbed their seats and sat still and quiet as a statue. Maria had to laugh. "You guys are something else," she said. "So, did you guys have fun playing outside."

Everyone in the class nodded, some said, "Yes, Ms. DeLuca."

One of the little boys raised their hand. "Yes, Harrison?"

"Ms. DeLuca can we sing another song?" He asked.

"Certainly," Maria said with delight. She loved teaching this class. "What do you want to sing?"

"Can we sing the 'love' song?" One of the girls asked.

"The 'love' song?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, you know, 'It is patience, it is kindess!'" She sang. Maria smiled.

"You guys actually know the words?" Maria asked. They all nodded. "OK, let's sing it. 1...2..3! Together now!"

"You must be the seed
Descend into the earth
Searching for the union of death, and then rebirth
But I need love
It is patience
It is kindness
I need love
Is it rain after the dryness ,br> I need love
Sister wisdom, help me see it's the one thing that I need.
The only thing that I need.
The harvester is near
His blade is on your skin
To plant a new beginning
Well then let the cut begin
I need love
It is patience
It is kindness
I need love
It is rain after the dryness
I need love
Sister wisdom, help me see it's the only thing that I need
The only thing that I need"

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.