FanFic - Other
"Crab Nebula in Taurus"
Part 6
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Combines the already running theme of Treasures Found and Tess to TESS (CD Fanfic) The Human/Alien alliance use information recorded in Claudia Parker's journal to establish the best time to activate a third Orb found with alien artifacts.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I recommend reading "Treasures Found" and "Tess to TESS" first but a Prologue is included.
"Isabel, how far is this stream from the location of tomorrows ritual?" Max has begun to pace the length of the small room where last minute details of their mission is being hashed out.

"I'm guessing, three to four miles, why?" She had been on her way out the door when he abruptly threw this question at her.

"You are really upset about this man who was watching us aren't you?" Isabel holds his gaze for a long moment before going to stand beside him.

"I can't shake the feeling that the man who interrupted your swimming expedition and the one that Liz and I saw in the desert is one in the same."

"Do you think he's been following us?" Fear etches her beautiful features.

"Maybe," he pauses. "I'll just feel better if we all take added precautions.

"What time does the sun rise tomorrow Michael?" Max rubs at the bridge of his nose to relieve some of the tension he feels.

"0454 AM, "Michael refers to his notes for confirmation. "I think we should all be there by 4AM."

"Everyone else should be there by 4, but Michael and I will be there at 3, and if anything looks suspicious - we abort, agreed." He scans the room for everyone's nod of approval.

"But Max," Liz has her back to the others when she takes hold of his arm and whispers, "I was hoping we could spend some time together alone."

Max looks down at her then glazes around the room to the others before he whispers, "You mean together."

"Uh huh," She nods her head as she grasps his shirt lapel. "My parents will be leaving for the lake after they close The Crashdown for the evening."

Max excuses himself and Liz from the curious looks of the others and finds a quiet corner. "Liz," he sandwiches her face in his hands before swooping down to devour her sweet lips. "I would love to be with you tonight but with everything going on, I don't think it's a good idea. It's already 10:00 and Michael and I would need to leave here by 2AM."

He kisses her on the forehead then turns towards the others, "I really need to get back," he grasps her by the shoulders and gently sets her aside before leaving her stunned and shocked at his abrupt dismissal.

In anticipation of tomorrow's event coupled with everything else that has been going on he has had very little sleep in the past couple of weeks. "I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to head home for a couple of hours sleep."

He scans the room searching for Liz and panic sips in when he doesn't see her, "Has anyone seen Liz?"

Kyle, who has fallen asleep on the couch mumbles before adjusting his pillow and turning his back to everyone, "She caught a lift home with my dad about half an hour ago. I'm to pick her up in the morning."

The entire room goes quiet as Max tries to come to terms with why Liz would leave without telling him goodbye. He corners Maria for any insight and she claims ignorance.

"She got really quiet after your little tete-a-tete but she didn't say anything to me." She narrows her eyes to let him know in no uncertain terms that if he did anything to hurt Liz he will have to deal with Maria also.

Max looks at his watch. "It's already 11:30. As it stands I'm only going to be able to get about two hours sleep. I'll have to deal with Liz tomorrow."

"Whoever is riding with me, let's go?" He barks out.

Isabel starts to follow her brother and is motioning for Alex to join her but he shakes his head no. "I'll catch a ride with Maria, you guys go ahead."

When Isabel is sure Max can't see her she mouths the word "Chicken" to Alex then runs to catch up with him before he bellows. "Isabel, are you coming?"

"I'm right behind you," she answers timidly. "Liz babe," Maria shakes her head as she stares at Max's retreating back, "You are in so much trouble girlfriend."

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.