FanFic - Other
"Crash Course"
Part 3
by Christina
Disclaimer: I don't own , don't sue.
Summary: (Max is with Tess and Michael is with Isabel) The gang gets stuck in the middle of nowhere for a crash course for the SAT's but they get more than they bargained for when all out war breaks out between the three humans and the four aliens.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
When Maria, Liz, and Alex entered cabin 5, the others hadn't arrived yet.

The cabin was extremely cozy, decorated with three plush couches, two relining chairs, and a few bean bags spread around the floor. It was very different than the girl's cabin which was essentially one big room. The cabin they were destined to spend the next 48 hours in, however, was separated into a front room, another smaller bedroom, and even a small kitchen.

Maria poked her head into the bedroom and saw that there were bags in there. "Hmm, must be nice. I wish our cabin was like this. I wonder who gets to live in this comfy little place?"

Alex plopped down on one of the couches and then stretched out, throwing an arm over his face and groaning.

Maria and Liz exchanged concerned glances and Maria said, "Are you going to go to sleep Alex?"

"I'm not talking to you Deluca," he said, his voice muffled by his arm.

Maria's eyes widened in shock. "Me? What did I do?"

Alex removed his arm and looked at her like she was crazy. He sat up and put his elbows on his knees. When he spoke, his voice was calm but there was fire behind it. "What did you do? You've got to be kidding me. You made me come on this stupid retreat when you knew I didn't want to come and now, I get to watch Isabel and Michael make goo-goo eyes at each other for the next forty-eight hours while my heart gets trampled on. Suffice to say, I'm not at all happy and it sure as hell doesn't put me in the mood for studying!" He flopped back down on the couch and groaned again.

Maria's eyes flashed dangerously and she closed in on him in one fluid movement. Through gritted teeth, she said, "Oh, and you think I'm just ecstatic about this whole scenario? Yeah, right! This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I signed up and I didn't even know they were going to be here. But I'm here to study and that's what I'm going to do. If you don't like the whole scenario than you can just leave!" She calmed her voice and scoffed. "Besides, I don't care what they do anyways."

"Yeah, Deluca," Alex muttered. "Keep telling yourself that."

Maria glared at him, seething and then went and planted herself on another one of the couches, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting.

A few more minutes passed before the others arrived and Maria planted a sarcastic smile on her face. "Aaah, together again!"

Isabel rolled her eyes and muttered something unintelligible as she sat down on the couch next to Michael on the other couch while Max took a seat on one of the recliners and Tess sat on his lap.

"What was that princess?" Maria asked, batting eyelashes innocently.

Isabel glared at her and said, "I said, I liked it better when you were scared of me."

Maria broadened her smile. "Oh, yeah. Back in the good old days, but let me tell ya, you don't scare me at all. Besides what are you going to do? Kill me?" She clutched her hands to her chest and pretended to be scared for a moment before she rolled her eyes. "You could go right ahead, because you know, death would be the preferable alternative to sitting here in the same room with a bunch of backstabbing aliens."

Micheal's eyes flashed at her in warning. "Don't say that word! You trying to get us killed?!"

Maria clutched her chest hard as she laughed and had to wipe the tears out of her eyes. "Oh Michael, you're so comical. You still think that you have power over me, don't you? Well, I'm sorry but I stopped doing what you said once you left me for the Ice Queen. You still think you can make me do what you want with just one look of your eyes, which I might mention, reflect your heartless soul, and I'll just melt. Well, dream on. Been there, done that. Bored now."

"Oh, good. You're all here. Hello," a voice said and Maria looked up to the entrance and her mouth fell open. A gorgeous college age guy had just walked into the cabin. He had sandy-blonde, green eyes, a full mouth and a body made up of muscles, pretty much to die for.

"Well, hello there, yourself," Maria drawled sitting back in her chair with a sultry expression and Liz looked at her with amusement.

The college guy looked at Maria and smiled at her and then went and took his seat in one of the recliners. "Okay. My name is Gage and I'll be your prep-guide for the next few days. Let's go around the room so I can get to know who you all are. Like I said, I'm Gage. Let's see, I go to U of N.M., I'm a senior and my major is education with a minor in business. I have two Dobermans, named Tiny and Chaos, and I like to read poetry and philosophy." He pointed to Maria, "Okay, why don't go next."

Maria arched an eyebrow. "Why don't you let me make this easy on you. I'm Maria, and I'm a waitress and I like aromatherapy. That's Liz and she's the braniac of the group and one of the nicest girls you'll ever meet, that's Alex and he's the sweetest guy in the world," she narrowed her eyes at Isabel, "He'll give you his utter devotion and some people use that against him for their own advantage." A mean smile crossed her face and Liz smirked and groaned at the same time thinking 'here we go'. "And that's Max. He pretends to be so soulful and generous and he uses that to break the hearts of the people who love him, that's Tess, a.k.a. The wicked bitch of the southwest, and when she talks it's like she's swallowing her whole face which makes you want to stab her repeatedly with a very sharp object; That's Isabel, she has big breasts and pretends to be your friend when really all she cares about is getting into your boyfriend's pants and last is Michael, a rebel without a clue who tries to act so tough and cold all the time and like all of his problems should be priority over everyone else's. All he does is talk about himself and if he isn't priority number one, you're not worth his time." She smiled up at Gage. "Any questions?" She then looked around the room and turned a self- satisfied smile on the aliens who were all glaring at her.

Gage sighed. "Okay, I see there's some bad blood between you all here so I'll skip the getting to know you games and go straight on to the plans for the next two days. Not all of this is going to be studying. For the next four hours, we'll work on the verbal portion of the SAT test. I have all kinds of strategies to teach you for making the test easier. Then, we'll break for dinner and do another two hours of studying. Then, there is a swimming party out on the lake. After that, we'll study some more. Then, tomorrow morning, we'll go straight to the math. The reason for the party is because we have learned that you need a break every now and then otherwise, you go through mental overloads. Any questions?"

"Yeah," Maria said. "Do you have a girlfriend?" She heard a few groans and sighs of disgust around the room and her eyes twinkled. How she loved to annoy those four.

Gage smirked and said, "Okay, if there's no questions, then lets get started."

*****

"My brain hurts," Alex groaned as they waited in line for dinner four hours later.

Maria reached up and started to rub his temples. "Poor baby, does that feel better?"

Alex nodded. "Thanks. I think I'm gonna skip this party tonight. I'm in need of some major R&R."

"Oh, Alex, you have to go," Liz protested. "We need you there. Please???"

"Please?????" Maria put her head up to Liz's and they both gave him puppy-dog eyes.

He narrowed his eyes, but his lips were smiling. "Those looks are why I am here in the first place and it got me in trouble the first time, so I'm not falling for that this time."

"Nonsense," Maria said. "Besides, you can't miss the opportunity of being seen with the hottest girls at the retreat. Namely Liz and me."

Alex sighed. "Fine, I'll go but I'm not happy about it."

The three grabbed their trays and walked over to a table to eat.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.