FanFic - Other
"Czech Your Dimensions"
Part 16
by John
Disclaimer: Roswell characters belong to Warner Brothers. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
(When we left our heroes in the last episode, they were planning a date night. They seemed to think they needed some sex relief before their adventure to help Setoma and his family. Our last episode was pretty intense; we nearly lost Devin. For a change of pace, we thought it might be fun to see what their dates wound up being all about.)

Max: So, where to?

Liz: Surprise me.

Max: To the Batmobile...er...Jeep!

Liz: Must be too many Saturn rings?

Max: Heh..Heh!

(In the Jeep...)

Liz: Max?

Max: Huh?

Liz: You'll be careful, won't you? In Wyoming I mean.

Max: Of course! And I'll be counting the minutes away from you.

Liz: Max?

Max: Uh huh!

Liz: We keep finding more of your people.

Max: Uh...we've found two in this dimension (See Balance Statements II) not counting Isabel and Michael and maybe 3 in the other. Not exactly an invasion force.

Liz: The only invasion I worry about is towards you. What if you found a woman that was one of your own kind? Would you still...

(Max pulls the Jeep to side of the road and stops. He leans over and cups Liz's face in his hand...)

Max: Listen to me, Liz..."I Max Evans, being of sound mind and madly in love with you, hereby declare: "Liz Parker! You are my soulmate. I don't know how I know that, but I do. I don't know how it could be, but it is. Maybe some common God or Creator in charge of both our worlds made both our souls. What body types our souls would up in is irrelevant. I know I'm on this earth because you are. I look forward to an eternity with you. Whatever the explanation, there is not now, nor will there ever be, anyone for me but you." (Kisses her deeply.) Can we go on, now?

Liz: Wow!

Max: Are you going to start that again?

Liz: I meant...wow!

(Kisses him back!)

Liz: Proceed my Prince!

(Back underway...)

Max: Liz?

Liz: Yes, Max.

Max: Should I be concerned that you even thought that I could ever love anyone but you?

Liz: What do you mean?

Max: I'm absolutely certain you're the only one for me. I'd like to be sure the reverse is true.

Liz: Oh Max! I'm sorry. I just love you so much that even the thought of anyone or anything ever coming between us just makes crazy. The time you told me you wanted to step back was the worst day of my life. I just need to trust the Balance Rocks. I know they brought out our feelings for each other in such a way that I shouldn't even need to give it a thought. (See Roswell E-Mail.)

Max: Promise me you'll quit worrying about that. You don't need to. I'm yours. Always and forever!

Liz: OK...I promise. But you need to promise me that you'll quit worrying about whether I'll always want to be with you, even if anything unusual happens. Just count on it, OK?

Max: OK, I promise. Now...

(Max pulls the jeep up behind the old cabin they visited when they were involved with the man selling the balance rays. They go inside and sit down on an old wood bench.)

Liz: The last time we were here, you were invisible...and naked. (Balance Statements II.)

Max: Don't remind me.

Liz: You don't want to do that again? I liked the naked part a lot, even though I couldn't see you. I just loved sitting on your lap with my arm around you like this...

(Liz jumps into his lap and puts her arm around him.)

Max: That was an experience, to say the least. How do you spell sublimate?

Liz: Alex told me a joke about the three "ates" of sex. Remind him to tell you sometime.

Max: I'll try to remember to forget.

Liz: Are you sure you don't want to relive at least one part of that interesting day?

Max: I...

(As Liz starts unbuttoning Max' shirt, she's remembering how it was the time she sat this same way on his lap; he with no clothes on. Even though he was invisible that day, she could still feel his smooth skin and powerful muscles. At least today she can feel the muscles. Max isn't sure how far to let this go, but he's enjoying her head and lips on his neck too much to stop her and...BZZZZ... excuse me folks; it's the B.S. Network producer. What's that you say...Mrs. Zoombash (the owner of the network) is on the phone...Oh dear! She wasn't on vacation after all. Uh huh!...But...She said that, huh?...I understand....That is too bad!...OK, I'll make an announcement. Folks! I guess we'll have to change this scene before we get cut off the air? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you'll just have to imagine for yourself what Liz and Max did on their "date".)

(Elsewhere...)

Maria: What kind of a date is this? Listening to CD's in your apartment.

Michael: Where did you want to listen to them?

Maria: Oooo! Sometimes Michael Guerin, I just want to...

Michael: You want to what?

Maria: Take you in my arms...hug you, kiss you, tell you I love you, tell you I'm glad you're mine...

(Does all of the above.)

Michael: OK...I get the message. Where do you want to go?

Maria: Anywhere with you. I want to be alone with you tonight. I'm not looking forward to your being gone.

Michael: Hopefully it won't be too long.

Maria: I've got an uneasy feeling about this, Michael. I wish you didn't have to do it at all.

Michael: If the shoe was on the other foot and we had been discovered, I'd be grateful for someone like Setoma who would help us. I think we need to do this. Besides, it sounds like he knows a little about where we're from. That's exciting.

Maria: I'm sorry. I just get jealous of anything that diverts your attention from me.

Michael: Now you know how I feel when you sing with Devin.

Maria: So, you are jealous.

Michael: Not of Devin. Of your time with the band!

Maria: Do you want me to tell Alex I won't sing with them any more?

Michael: Would you do that?

Maria: If you asked me to, I would.

Michael: But you enjoy that, don't you.

Maria: Yes, I do. And despite what Alex thinks, the band is better because of me.

Michael: I have to agree with that. It has been better.

Maria: And truthfully now, isn't Devin a good singer?

Michael: What do you want from me...blood? OK...I admit it. He is pretty good. He helps the band too.

Maria: I know that took a lot for you to admit that. So, do I have to quit the band?

Michael: You'd really do that if I asked you, huh?

Maria: Yes, I would!

Michael: Then no...but just remember that I'm jealous of your time with it.

Maria: Just like I'm jealous of your time searching your heritage.

Michael: Now that we have that out of the way...

(Michael picks up Maria and lies her on the couch. She pulls him down on top of her. If we didn't know better, we'd think this was a rerun of the WKF: Smoochdown.

Michael leans in and kisses Maria, a soft kiss at first. Michael then opens his mouth a little and is sucking on her lips. Maria opens her mouth more and tongues meet.

He begins to kiss her neck. Michael unbuttons the top buttons of Maria's blouse and starts to nibble on her shoulders.)

Maria: Michael?

Michael: (mumbles) Huh?

Maria: Is this our secluded spot for a date?

Michael: I don't see anyone else around, do you?

Maria: You do have a point.

(The necking resumes and we'd bring it to you, but Mrs. Zoombash has her finger on the censor button again. Better not risk it. Can you believe it; she expects us to garner ratings without sex. This show should be called Mission Impossible. Use your imagination and you'll discern what's going on. About an hour later...)

Maria: Michael...

Michael: Uh huh?

Maria: Is it hot in here?

Michael: Kind of? Wanta go get an ice cream or something?

Maria: Yeh! I do.

Michael: You wish...I provide!

Maria: Michael...

Michael: What?

Maria: Thank you!

Michael: For what?

Maria: For loving me, for taking care of me.

Michael: I'm the one that should thank you for that.

Maria: That just proves it.

Michael: Proves what?

Maria: That we're right for each other. Don't ever leave me, Michael.

Michael: I won't Maria...I might go out of town, but I won't ever leave you.

Maria: Promise me you'll be careful...and that you'll call.

Michael: I promise!

Maria: That was easier than I thought.

Michael: So is loving you!

(The couple takes off for their ice cream date, happy to just be with each other.)

(Meanwhile, down at the Century Theater...)

Alex: (Whispers) This show is dumb.

Isabel: The critics liked it.

Alex: Do you?

Isabel: No!

Alex: Want to leave?

Isabel: Yes!

(They get up, slip out of the theater and walk to Alex's car. Then, heading out of town...)

Isabel: So much for "What Lies Beneath"

Alex: I'd rather think about that topic as it applies to you.

Isabel: You're sweet!

Alex: I mean...I like what's on top too but...

Isabel: You better quit while you're ahead.

Alex: I suppose I'd better. So...where's our "secluded spot"? I wasn't ready to worry about it until we cut the movie short.

Isabel: Wanta go out to that cabin where the tunnel is?

Alex: Actually, no. I still get nightmares about that place.

Isabel: How about out by the old radio tower.

Alex: It's posted "no trespassing", but maybe that'll make for more seclusion.

(Alex heads for that location.)

Alex: So, you said you wanted me to calm your nerves. What has you nervous?

Isabel: Oh, just this proposed trip to Wyoming. I know we need to go, but I don't really want to.

Alex: That's good, because I don't want you to go either. But you're going to do it because it's the right thing to do. I wish there were more I could do to help.

Isabel: If you're willing to cover for Michael, that's plenty.

Alex: In some ways maybe. But once again, I feel inadequate around you. Am I really the person you need at your side, Isabel? Heaven knows I want to be. But as Max was rattling off the reasons certain people should be the ones to go to Wyoming, I felt weak. Anytime you're involved, I want to jump in and just do whatever you need. I want to be the one to help you and protect you. But I don't have healing powers or the power to move and change objects. In your world, I wonder if you need someone who can do that. A man should be able to do what is necessary to protect his woman and be a helpmate to her.

*Isabel: (In a silent connection) But you do have a gift many men don't have.

*Alex: (Silent) Thanks to your rocks. It didn't have much to do with me.

*Isabel: Au contraire my friend. The rocks didn't give you this ability; they just let you harness something you already had. You said you always had a talent for reading people. You were given this talent for a reason. Think about how many times it's saved us from trouble. I feel very secure knowing I can reach out to you this way. I'd still love you if you couldn't do it, but it does make me feel closer to you. It's something we can share. It confirms to me that we're not so different.

*Alex: I guess!

Isabel: Alex, I trust you with my life. You have knowledge of computers and technology that some men twice your age would die for. Look how it saved us...me... when we were getting that obscure E-mail or when that crazy lady tried to claim me. Look what you did for Devin just yesterday. Every person has talents and abilities. Learning to use them for others is, I think, one of the purposes of life. You have done that better than most. You don't need to feel inadequate; you're not. No way, no how! You've got talents; I've got talents. I think we complement each other very well, thank you. You accept and you love me. Me! Someone you probably should have run screaming from when you found out the truth.

Alex: Never! I thank my lucky stars every day that you even talk to me, much less want to have a relationship. But truthfully, haven't you ever thought what it would be like to have a relationship with someone exactly like you? Maybe you be able to find someone like that in the other dimension. Apparently there are more of you there.

Isabel: I'm not interested. I have all the man I need right here.

(Wraps her arms around him and gives a hug.)

Isabel: Alex, don't even give this line of reasoning a second thought. You're as much I'll ever need or want...probably more.

(Alex stops the car by the old tower and Isabel leans in and gives Alex one of the most thrilling kisses he's ever had. It lasted more than a minute. As they come up for air...)

Alex: I was supposed to calm your nerves and you wound up calming mine.

Isabel: You calmed me too. Isn't that what a relationship is all about? Helping each other.

Alex: Yes. And I'm now I'm going to help myself.

Isabel: To what?

Alex: This!

(Alex pulls Isabel to him and wraps his arms around her, holding her tight. They begin to kiss...quick smooches at first...but deepening meaningful kisses soon follow. Alex feels excitement as Isabel runs her hand up his leg and thigh. A thrill runs through his entire body. Alex places his had across her back and moves it slowly towards the front of her body...)

*Alex: (Silent) I hope you're not reading what I'm thinking right now.

*Isabel: Why not? It couldn't be any worse than the dream the other night.

*Alex: I thought you enjoyed that?

*Isabel: I did! Maybe we should let that be a guide for tonight.

Alex: Really?

Isabel: Really!

(Really? Oh dear! I can tell we better close this scene too. Mrs. Zoombash you know. These kids are going to get me cancelled. I wonder if Isabel could dreamwalk Mrs. Z? I bet if we got the goods on her, we could make her feel like a hypocrite for shutting down these scenes. Well, we've one more couple to check on, and given Devin's status, this scene will be safe; wouldn't you think?)

(In Devin's Cherokee)

Anna: Where are we going?

Devin: Anywhere you tell me.

Anna: But this was your idea.

Devin: You could have said no.

Anna: I don't ever want to say no to you...but Devin...

Devin: What?

Anna: Do you love me?

Devin: We've only known each other a short time, Anna.

Anna: You didn't answer my question?

Devin: I'm not sure I know totally what love is...or if I'm supposed to love.

Anna: What do you mean by that. It's human nature to love.

Devin: All I can do is describe what you do to me...the way you make me feel. You make me feel wonderful...like I'm wanted...needed...respected. You seem to want to be with me. I try to do the same to you...but I don't know if I'm succeeding.

Anna: All of the above is true. I think I feel the same things when I'm with you.

Devin: If that is love, then yes...I'm in love with you.

Anna: One part of love is trust, Devin. I don't know what you were doing with your friends. I know you said you can't tell me, but it makes me feel like I'm something you can put away when you don't want it. I want to be part of whatever you do.

(Devin pulls the car off the road at the mountain overlook he's driven too.)

Devin: You make it very difficult, Anna. I want you to be part of my life. But there are some things I just have to do for and by myself. Would you want me to betray a confidence? That's what you're asking me to do.

Anna: No! If you did, I'd think you weren't trustworthy and I know you are. I accept that whatever you were doing for your friends that you need it keep a secret. But what about you, Devin? You keep saying there are things about you I'm better off not knowing. How can I love you if I don't know you? You're not in some kind of legal trouble are you?

Devin: No! I don't think so. I...

(Pause...Devin wants to cry but that is something he's physically incapable of. But he feels just like a human does when they cry...)

Devin: (Voice shaking) Maybe...maybe someday I can do it, Anna. Maybe someday I can tell you. Right now...I can't...I just can't do it. If I told you, you'd...

(Devin puts his arms around Anna and pulls her tight to him. She hugs him back, sensing he's on the verge of tears.)

Anna: It's OK, Devin. I won't push you any further. I sense that, whatever it is, it's very emotional for you. As long as you can assure me that you're not in trouble with the law or that your life isn't in danger, that's enough for now. You can tell me when the time is right.

Devin: (Voice almost sobbing) No, I not in trouble with the law. But I may need to go away to help my friends again. But I'll be back. I want to come back to you. But Anna!

Anna: Yes!

Devin: I can't promise that the time will ever be right. At first I tried to stop this...our getting close. The more I was around you, the less I wanted it to stop. I knew this might happen and still I kept wanting to see you. You make me happy, Anna. I've let our relationship go too far...get too involved. It's my fault! If you can't...can't allow me to keep...to not...I mean, I'm afraid that if you...Oh Anna...Please...Please don't ask me about this anymore. I know it's asking a lot and if you can't do it, I understand. I want you to know that you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Yes, I really do love you.

(Devin starts to pull away, but Anna pulls him into her arms again and hugs him tight. Anna is almost in tears as she senses Devin's fears. Suddenly, it becomes clear to her. "If he tell me his secret, he's afraid I'll be gone...that he'll loose me")

Anna: Devin?

Devin: Yes, Anna!

Anna: You're afraid of loosing me, aren't you?

Devin: (Pause) Yes, I guess I am. I don't know what will happen to me if you're gone from my life, Anna. I don't want to face it. Can you accept that? Please Anna. Please don't ask me to...

(She leans in and kisses him.)

Anna: There isn't anything you could say that would push me away from you...but I understand that you think so. I'll convince you of that someday. For now, it's OK. Let's forget this for now and just see where things go. I'm not ready to lose you over it. Thank you for telling me as much as you did. Just knowing that you love me enough to be afraid of losing me is a wonderful feeling.

(The two hug and kiss. Devin is glad his creators gave his tongue the ability to move. Anna kisses his neck and Devin notices he seems to be developing even more feeling there. Once again, Anna starts unbuttoning Devin's shirt and once again...well, asking you to use your imagination with Devin involved might be a bit much. Suffice to say they had a great time the rest of the night...until a sheriff's deputy came knocking on the car door.)

Deputy: You two...may I suggest you get a room?

Devin: I...I'm sorry sir.

Deputy: That's OK young fellow. But I need to ask you to move along.

Devin: Yes sir!

(Well, that was date night on the B.S. Network. Danged OLD Mrs. Zoombash anyway. What a party poop! Well, at least we're not cancelled! Next time we'll be able to get back to the trip to Wyoming, Setoma, the other dimension, Alex's bad jokes and a lot more stuff you won't want to miss. Join us soon for another episode of "Czech Your Dimensions". Now stay tuned for a feature film about a deranged man who developed cannibalistic tendencies. He finally just could not resist eating his wife. When taken into custody, he showed no remorse at all. It's called, "Gladiator"!) [Sorry! The puns are getting worse, aren't they? I've been spending far too much time with Alex. J]

Part 15 | Index | Part 17
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.