FanFic - Other
"Czech Your Dimensions"
Part 3
by John
Disclaimer: : Roswell characters belong to Warner Brothers. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
(Devin has a problem. If you count Anna, he has two. If you count Maria's mom he has three. Is this human life so wonderful? The problem at hand however is Riverdog. Riverdog thinks Devin is Michael and trying to explain the truth may not be the best plan right now. Devin doesn't know who this man is, since the subject of Riverdog has never come up when he's been with the others. The problem…how to not say the wrong thing?)

Riverdog: Hello Michael.

Devin/Michael: How did you get in here?

Riverdog: Oh, I know a few tricks. My, your hair looks different.

Devin/Michael: Uh…I had a date tonight.

Riverdog: Maria?

(Devin thinks to himself: He knows about Maria. What else does he know?)

Devin/Michael: I enjoyed myself. So what brings you here?

Riverdog: You must come to the cave. There is something going on there that you need to see. It's dangerous. One of our children was injured. I've forbidden anyone to enter the cave right now.

(Devin thinks to himself: What cave? Evidentially Michael knows about this. Does this man know Michael's secret?)

Devin/ Michael: I have to work all this week. I'm not sure how soon I can get away.

Riverdog: Come when you can, but the sooner the better. I'll go in with you. Find me at the sweat lodge or, if I'm not there, Eddie can find me.

Devin/Michael: What is this about?

Riverdog: I want you to see for yourself. I'm not sure what it means. I'm hoping that you will. I must get back. It's late. Please try to come soon. And it might be best if you came alone or only with the one who is like you.

(Devin thinks to himself: So, he knows about Michael and Max. I've got to get in touch with them…but I don't want to spoil their vacation.)

Devin/Michael: OK. Either just me or me and Max!

Riverdog: Sleep well my friend.

(Riverdog leaves. Devin has Maria's cellphone number, but he doesn't know if she took it with her or if it even roams. It's his best bet. He tries the number, but gets only a recording. He leaves a message that he must speak to Michael as soon as possible. He also wonders if Maria's mom might know where they are staying. At very least, he'll ask her, as Michael, to let him know if Maria calls. My, this is all so confusing. Devin feels the need for a rebuild, so he sets about doing that. After that, it'll be time to rest for the night. Meanwhile, back in Anaheim…)

(Scene: The gang's Hotel)

Liz: I can't sleep. This is the pits. Our guys are just one floor away, but they might as well be back in Roswell.

Isabel: I know what you mean, but I'm afraid mom will be checking both rooms tonight.

Maria: Two double beds in here and a rollaway. I can just imagine Michael snuggled up to me on one of them.

Liz: And Max to me.

Isabel: And Alex to me. We've got to fix this.

Liz: How?

Isabel: This may not be kosher, but I'll dreamwalk. As soon as I sure my parents are asleep, we'll slip down there.

Maria: But what if you mom wakes up and checks on us?

Liz: What will they do, send us home?

Isabel: No, but I'm sure a good lecture would be in store.

Maria: I'm willing to risk it.

Liz: Me too.

Isabel: OK, we'll all hang together if we get caught. Agreed?

Maria: Sure.

Liz: Of course!

Isabel: We can probably stay down there until about six A.M.; then we better come back up here. Let me tell the guys what we're up to.

(Silent connection:)

*Isabel: Hey…you guys awake?

*Alex: Isabel! Yes! Max just was saying how he wished we could all be together.

*Max: How come you're still awake, Isabel?

*Isabel: We were having the same discussion here, Max. Is Michael awake?

*Max: Barely! I think the flight took something out of him.

*Alex: Or the flight caused something to come out of him.

*Isabel: That wasn't nice. Funny, but not nice.

*Alex: Hey Max! She actually admitted something I said was funny.

*Max: Don't let it go to your head.

*Isabel: Right, don't let it go to your head, Alex.

*Max: Forgot you were there for a minute, Izzy.

*Michael: What? Who? I was dreaming and heard voices.

*Isabel: It's me. As soon as mom and dad are asleep, we're gonna slip down there. We decided this segregation is for the birds.

*Michael: I'd agree with that notion. Is Maria awake?

*Isabel: Yeh…she's definitely in on this.

*Michael: Tell her she has my unqualified support.

*Isabel: OK! For once this party line came in handy.

*Alex: We can't wait! We'll be wide-awake.

(End silent connection.)

Isabel: The guys were thinking the same thing about this separate room thing. They're all for our coming down.

Liz: Tell me again. How will we know when your folks are asleep?

Isabel: Unless I miss my guess, mom will check on us in a few minutes. I'll give her twenty minutes after that. Hopefully she and dad will both go to sleep right away. We'll just have to wait. A soon as I can dreamwalk with them, I'll know they're asleep.

Maria: OK! We wait. I can't sleep anyway.

(Knock on the girl's door.)

Diane: You girls all OK?

Isabel: Just fine mom. Want to come in?

Diane: For a minute.

(Isabel opens the door.)

Diane: Tomorrow, we can sleep in just a little. We'll meet for breakfast at nine. They we can go back to our rooms for a few minutes and then head to Disneyland. We thought we'd do Disneyland tomorrow, then take a day at the beach, and do Six Flags the day after. Is that OK with you?

Isabel: That sounds great.

Liz: Sounds fine, Mrs. Evans.

Maria: I'm excited.

Diane: OK. Goodnight now! I'll go check on the guys and tell them the same thing.

(Diane does just that and after checking on the guys she heads for bed herself. In about 30 minutes, Isabel is able to dreamwalk to both her mom and dad. She decides it's safe to visit the guys. Soon they are all happily snuggled in with their appropriate partners. We would show more of the snuggling, but as you know, Mrs. Zoombash, the 86 year old owner of this network, would probably cut us off the air. We will however pause at this point for those who wish to use their imaginations.)

B.S. Network Announcer: We now pause!

(A sign saying: "Imagine Snuggling!" appears on screen for 30 seconds.)

B.S. Network Announcer: We now cease pausing!

Scene: The next morning, 6:00 A.M.

Isabel: Girls, we better get back to our room before mom checks on us.

(Max and Liz are nibbling each other's necks…and doing other things…)

Liz: You sure know how to ruin a good thing.

Isabel: You'll only have to be away from Max for a little while. Come on before we get caught. You too Maria.

(Michael is running his hands over Maria and kissing her everywhere…)

Maria: This gives new meaning to the song, "My Lord, What a Morning".

Isabel: If mom catches us, you'll be singing "Lord, I'm Coming Home". Let's go!

(The girls quickly throw on some clothes and head back to their room. As they enter, they are aghast to see the message light flashing. Isabel plays the message.)

Phil: (A twinkle in his voice.) Isabel, this is dad. You must all be very sound sleepers. Don't worry, I won't tell mom I couldn't get you. Just meet us at 9:00 in the restaurant buffet. Love you.

Isabel: That was my dad.

Liz: Are we toast?

Isabel: I'm not sure. Dad said he wouldn't tell mom we didn't answer. I guess we won't know until I talk to him. He just said to meet them at 9:00 o'clock in the buffet.

Maria: Even if we're in trouble, it was worth it.

Isabel: Yeh…I agree. I at least got a little sleep. It was nice having Alex's arm around me.

(At breakfast, Phil looked at the girls, then nodded to the boys and winked at Isabel. She mouthed "thanks dad" and they proceeded to make plans for the day. Isabel breathed a sigh of relief and the others talked as if all was normal, which indeed it really was. On to Disneyland…)

(Scene: Disneyland)

Liz: I can't believe we're all here together.

Diane: Before you all run off, you have to go on one ride with us. Then we'll decide where to meet for dinner…maybe about six.

Max: And that ride would be…

Diane: When Disneyland first opened, I always had to go with my parents on " Pirates of the Caribbean". Now you get to do the same for us.

Isabel: I was afraid it was going to be "Small World".

(They all ride on "Pirates". When they got to the place where the pirates are in the town and the women are looking down from windows above, Max waved his hand. Suddenly, an image of Liz was among those looking down at them. Then it quickly disappeared.)

Michael: You better watch it, Maxwell.

Max: Hey…I could work here and make this place a lot more interesting.

Liz: (concerned) Thanks for the thought Max, but Michael's right.

Max: Hey, loosen up everyone. This is a vacation. Even if anyone noticed, how could it matter?

(Liz is surprised. She seldom sees Max in such a playful mood. She likes it. After the ride, the "We Six" take off in search of more exciting attractions. Space Mountain [Alex loved it], Astro Orbitor, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Star Tours [the gang was bored], The Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit's Spin, Splash Mountain [they even bought a picture of the group coming down the last drop], Thunder Mountain Railroad, The Haunted House, Indiana Jones, then finally…)

Maria: I want to go on Small World. I got to go on it once as a little girl. I want the memories again.

Alex: I rode it once years ago too. I can't stand it now. If I hear that song, it stays in my head for days. And the flowers! I'm surprised they haven't wilted after all these years.

Isabel: It was OK when I was younger, but…

Liz: You won't get me to go! That song's like the plague. There's no cure.

Max: I'm really glad you don't want to ride it. I was afraid you might.

Maria: Michael, please go with me.

Michael: I've never been on it, but I trust these people's judgement…

Maria: Please, Michael.

Alex: Go ahead, Michael. Everyone should have to suffer through it once. I mean…you'll enjoy it man…

Max: (A gleam in his eye.) Yeh, Michael! Take her. It's not so bad.

(His fingers were crossed behind him; he made sure Liz saw.)

Maria: Pretty please, Michael. I'll go alone if I have to.

Michael: OK, Maria. I'll go with you.

Maria: Thanks, Michael.

Alex: I'm not going near it. I might hear the song. We'll meet you guys at the castle. It'll be about time to go find Max and Isabel's' mom and dad for dinner by the time you're done.

(Michael and Maria get in line for Small World. They begin the ride. About half way through, Michael looks at Maria and rolls his eyes…)

Michael: (whispers) Maria…why did you bring me on this? I can't stand it any more.

(Michael lifts his hand and suddenly the music changes to a Metallica song. The maintenance crew is running everywhere, trying to figure out what happened and attempting to restore the correct music. As their boat emerges from the tunnel, Michael and Maria are laughing hysterically.)

Maria: And you were on Max's case.

Michael: Hey…it's a vacation!

(Our friends find the others at the castle, then go meet up with Phil and Diane for dinner in New Orleans Square. Maria is dying to tell the others about what Michael did to Small World, but is afraid to talk about it openly in public. At the table next to them though, several people are talking about what happened and Isabel and Alex overhear them. Isabel is suspicious.)

Isabel: So, Maria! I heard some people talking. Were you guys on Small World when the music changed to Metallica?

(Michael and Maria sit quietly for a moment, looking at each other. Then, almost spitting out their drinks, they both start laughing uncontrollably. Michael looks like a cat that swallowed a canary. From the way Maria is looking at him, everyone understands what happened and how. Even Phil and Diane think it's funny.)

Phil: (Looking directly at Michael) Some people's kids!

(Phil gives Michael a thumbs up! Michael smiles, finally feeling totally accepted!)

(Well, at least the gang had one fun day. Devin's news may spoil their fun…if he can ever find them. And, one has to wonder how Devin's coping with his new love-life problem. We hate to stop, but the old clock on the wall… is broken. The new digital one says we're out of time, so we must end this episode. Plan to join us next time and please… stay tuned for a nature program about hiking in Texas. Yeh…you guessed it: "Texas Range Walker"!)

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.