FanFic - Other
"Czech Your Dimensions"
Part 6
by John
Disclaimer: Roswell characters belong to Warner Brothers. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
(Back at the hotel, after dinner, Liz and Max decide to retire to the spa. They're kinda stiff after the day at the beach. Maria, Michael, Alex and Isabel head for the guys room to watch a movie and wait for a call from Devin. Phil and Diane decide that they've had enough action. They told the gang they'd drop them at Six Flags tomorrow, but they were going to do something quiet, like tour the Queen Mary.)

(Scene: In the hot tub)

Liz: Max?

Max: Yes!

Liz: You OK?

Max: Yeh...fine...

Liz: You seem awfully quiet.

Max: We've only got one more day here...then we go home.

Liz: I know. It's been fun.

Max: It's been fun, but it's been more than that.

Liz: What do you mean?

Max: The last few days...I've hardly even thought of anything except being here and being with you. No concerns about trying to be something that I'm not, no worries about someone looking over my shoulder. We've been absolutely normal people, Liz. I think I now know what it feels like to be normal. When we go back home, I'll have to return to my not so normal life.

Liz: Max...it has been wonderful to kick back and relax...but you know what?

Max: What?

Liz: I actually miss being on guard. I don't really enjoy normal any more. I love you so much that I just want to be doing something for you all the time. At home, I feel like I'm doing that. I've gotten used to protecting you and sharing your life. I think by coming here and not having to do the things we do in Roswell, I've gotten a better feel for what you have lived with for so many years.

Max: And with that feel, are you still sure I'm what you want? Being with me is always going to mean living an unusual life. I mean...even here...we're worried about Devin and Riverdog. We're not acting on that, because we can't, but it's receiving some thought.

Liz: We've been over this before, Max. I've never been more sure of anything! Your life has become so much a part of mine, I'm not sure I could live without being a part of it.

Max: Tell me that you'll always be willing to live with the way it has to be, Liz...that you won't ever regret it.

Liz: Max...don't even go there. You know I'll be there for you no matter what the circumstances, no matter what the location; and yes, no matter what the danger. Take me to the stars if you have to...just promise I can always be your helpmate. I don't just WANT to be there for you; I NEED to be there for you.

Max: Liz Parker...I do love you!

(Max leans over and kisses her. He pulls her down into the water and they swim over, under, and around each other. Underwater...above water...the kisses are wet but wonderful. They take advantage of being swimsuit clad. Finally they decide they best go join the others.)

(Scene: The guy's room. Max and Liz join the others...)

Isabel: Did you two have some nice tub time together?

Max: That description sounds kinda kinky.

Alex: Well?

Max: ...So, what movie did you guys watch?

Isabel: Notice how he changes the subject.

Liz: If you must know, we had simply unparalleled tub time.

Michael: Unparalleled! That must mean you were across each other.

Maria: Ooh! That was bad, Michael. You've been spending too much time with Alex.

Max: Man, it's getting deep in here. As I was saying...what movie...

(Phone rings.)

Michael: I hope that's Devin.

(On phone)

Alex: Hello?

Devin: Hi Alex.

Alex: Devin! We've been waiting two movies worth for you to call.

Devin: Sorry, I was watching a movie myself.

Alex: You could have called first, before you started it.

Devin: Actually, I couldn't control the starting time since it was at the Century Theater.

Alex: You went to the late show at the Century?

Devin: Yes, with Anna.

Alex: (pause) Geez Devin, I didn't do that with Isabel till we had been going together for a couple of months.

Devin: She said she didn't want to wait until next week to do something with me.

Alex: I think I better get back there.

Devin: Really, Alex. It's OK. She said that now that I had her to help me fit into the Roswell scene, I wouldn't need to bother you anymore.

Alex: Now I know I need to get back there! So, what's the news? Michael is champing at the bit...what about Riverdog.

Devin: Well, I found out some things, but I'm afraid Riverdog suspects me. I better talk to Michael.

Alex: OK! I'll put him on.

(Hands phone to Michael)

Michael: Devin! Did you find Riverdog? What's going on?

Devin: Yes! I found Riverdog. Here's the deal. Something strange is happening in the cave. Several times, a bluish pillar of light has appeared in there, from the top of the cave to the floor. Riverdog said it was by the wall where you put the "balance rocks", whatever that means.

Michael: I'll tell you sometime. Go on!

Devin: Well, after the light was gone, a stone tablet appeared with some strange writing on it. After the second time it appeared, Riverdog put a stone with some characters written on it where the column had been. When it came again, his rock disappeared and what looks to be some kind of case appeared. He can't get it open. Neither of us recognize the material it's made out of.

Michael: Interesting! Is that all?

Devin: No! There's more. At your apartment, on your desk...I was looking for the phone book and I saw some sketches or drawings of characters that looked similar to the ones on the tablet that appeared in the cave.

Michael: I was just doodling when I sketched those. I had my eyes closed when I drew them. I just kinda drew what my mind was seeing. Anything else?

Devin: Here's the part you're not going to like. Riverdog brought a little girl, maybe six or seven years old, to me. She had been playing in the cave when the column of light appeared. She had put her hand into it. Now, her hand is dying. Riverdog wanted me/ you to heal it. He seemed to just expect that you would. I didn't dare even admit I knew anything about you being able to heal. I was afraid it would have triggered the program Alex added to me. I told him I was sorry about the girl. I ran to the Jeep and drove away. As I was leaving, I heard Riverdog yell at me. He said to tell the real Michael to come and to bring the real Max next time. He knows I wasn't you.

Michael: You should have told him the truth. He knows about us. We trust him.

Devin: I couldn't! I couldn't talk to him about healing or anything concerning what you are without self-destructing. Even if I'd told him about me, I don't think I could have avoided talking about that. You guys insisted on that poison pill and...

Michael: Hey! Don't blame us for that. You're a risk anyway and...

Devin: Michael! I'm trying to help. I've been working at the Crashdown for you. I went to see Riverdog like you asked. I'm trying to earn your trust...even your friendship. What else can I do?

Michael: Sorry Devin. You're right! You have been a help. You did what you could. I'll explain everything to Riverdog when I get back. Hopefully we can help the little girl too.

Devin: That's all I can tell you right now. I know Riverdog's confused.

Michael: I'll talk to him. I've got to go see the writing on the tablet anyway. Thanks again, Devin. We'll see you in a couple of days.

Devin: Can I talk to Alex again?

Michael: Sure!

(Hands phone to Alex.)

Alex: Hi, Devin.

Devin: Alex, can you fix my program so I can talk to Riverdog freely?

Alex: I'm sure I can...but not from here. It's too complicated.

Devin: I thought maybe you could send something over the internet.

Alex: Sorry! For your sake I wouldn't want to risk it...but I'll do it when I get back.

Devin: OK, then there's not much more I can do for now. Thanks for the advice to go for it with Anna.

Alex: Did I say that?

Devin: Yes, you did.

Alex: See you later, Devin.

(Hangs up phone!)

Max: So, what did Devin say?

Michael: Strangeness Maxwell. We've got something to occupy us when we get back; that's for sure.

(Michael fills everyone in on the information Devin gave him. They are intrigued, but they also know there's nothing they can do from California. They need to get ready for Magic Mountain tomorrow. We have to wonder if Magic Mountain is ready for them. Just then, Diane Evans knocks and reminds the girls that's it time to retire to their room for the night. Knowing glances are exchanged among the six friends. What they're knowing is that the separation will be short lived. Each will be snuggling with the one they love real soon. A blissful scene should be imagined. I'd recommend continuing to imagine that, because the B.S. Network show coming on next is anything but blissful. It's about a family who's father can't ever seem to tell the truth. It's called: "Pop, You Liar"!)

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.