FanFic - Other
"Descendents - The Liz/Max Connection"
Part 3
by Sue and Syndee
Disclaimer: The Characters belong to The WB.
Summary: Max's alien father Gray meets Liz's ancestor Aisling while he ison earth to observe how earthlings resolve their differences. They form abond that will transcend time, space and species.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
"Aisling, ssh. Everything is going to be okay." He pries the child's arms from around his neck and wipes her tears away with his fingertips.

She hic-ups and her chest rises and falls as she tries to quell the tears racking her small body. "My visions always come true."

"Aisling, will you let me show you my home so that you know your fears are unfounded." Gray tilts her chin upward so that their eyes meet.

"Will, I be back in time for tea?" She asks as she looks to the sun to gage the time.

"Sure, because we aren't going any where. I can show you my home from where we are. I have to touch you okay." Gray places both of his hands on the side of here face. "Clear your thoughts and breath deeply."

Aisling does as he says and is soon transported to a place of extraordinary beauty and color. She sees beings just like Gray, small children and babies and lots of tall neat buildings.

She is made privy to Gray's family life and his feelings about his wife and the love and respect he has for his parents. There does not appear to be any strife what-so-ever in this wonderland he calls home.

"See, my home is beautiful and aside from the occasional protest the people are happy." His words are more confident than his true feelings about his homeland, which may be on the verge of a civil war, but there's no need to frighten this human who is far removed from any battle that may or not be in his future.

"Gray, do you think I can let you see me?" She already has her hands on his face as he had done to her moments earlier.

He smiles to himself. "You can sure try."

She looks him directly in his eyes, "Clear your head and let your mind go blank. Now take deep breaths," she coaxes.

Grey is surprised when he sees her childhood and the visions she's seen of him including the one of him in battle. Future events and technology humans are far from reaching parade through his mind.

The vision that affects him the most is of a human male child with soulful eyes seeing a little girl much like Aisling and the love he feels for her immediately.

He quickly pulls away not wanting to know the future and is perplexed as to how this earthling can connect to him and see his future. Only the most dedicated spiritual leaders of his race have ever been able to see into the future and his race is thousands of years more advanced than this relatively new planet and even newer race called humans.

"Did you see me?" Aisling looks up to her shaken friend.

"Yes, I saw but how did you do that?" Gray is more disturbed than he lets on.

"I don't know, my grandmother says that every other generation of Bronwyn women are seers." She shrugs her shoulders and looks around. "But we don't tell everyone."

"Can we go see your friends now, the ones with the painted faces?" Her eyes are wide with excitement.

He's never tried transporting with a human in tow but he has successfully taken a horse so he's confident it won't hurt her and it'll only take a couple of seconds.

"Sure, why not. It's still early morning there and if we're lucky you may be able to see a dance." Gray scoops her up in his arms and thinks of where he wants to be and the dual are engulfed in a bright blue light before instantly transported to the Chaco Canyons more than 5000 miles away.

The tribe and the huge apartment type dwelling that they live in fascinate Aisling.

She is also thrilled to be able to play with children of her own age and eat food that is unfamiliar to her but tasty none the less.

One of the women gives Aisling a Turquoise Necklace, which Gray quickly alters to reflect an emblem, which is the symbol for his home.

She comes across the rock from her visions and solicits Gray's help in carving her small handprint next to the crescent moon and star that Gray had done twelve years earlier.

He places his hand over her small hand where upon both hands take on a golden glow heating the rock and molding her handprint and her essence for eternity in this land of enchantment.

With a very tired Aisling in his arms Gray prepares to leave when one of the tribes Shaman's stops him. "I didn't know what this meant until now and I was going to have you give it to your father but I now know that it's your destiny that the spirits spoke of the day I was called to the rock with wings." The wise and respected elder advises the future leader.

He spreads out an animal hide with painted pictures telling a story of a brave leader from Gray's home who dies in battle and comes to earth with his sister and others as human beings to battle the same enemy that killed them on their war-torn planet.

A human female child will match her hand to the hand print just made by Aisling near the markings of the visitor's first arrival and unlock the means to destroy the enemy of whom only she can see the evil within. Together, as mates, they form a dynasty that will save earth from annihilation.

The Shaman then assures Gray. "From this time forward, my people will be here for you and others of your kind to battle this Evil which threatens mankind. The "Prophecy" is set in motion and cannot be altered but rest assured we will protect the young leader and his human mate."

Gray respects the medicine man's loyalty and alliance but questions the "Prophecy." How can one species change into another and when will this battle take place? Neither he nor his father has a sister and Gray and his wife have no children as of yet.

Aisling asks Gray to thank everyone for the meal and their hospitality and she snuggles into his arms for the transport back.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.