FanFic - Other
"The Diamond In The Rough"
Part 1
by Desirae
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. They belong to Jason Katims and Melinda Metz.
Summary: Tess thinks about destiny. It's also a little Alternate Universe-ish, based on the fact that what Nasedo told Tess about destiny, the 'bride' stuff, etc was false.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Steam rolled into the room, filling her blue eyes like tears. She didn't feel like a person. She felt like... nothing. A decoy who was fed lies her whole life. A person who was not worth saving, a person who could be thrown away like an old bag of trash. With a frown, she straightened her back and turned down the water.

She had always believed she had a 'destiny'. But now, who cared about destiny? Destiny was just a pre-planned death sentence! Nobody cared about her because she was like a 4th wheel; always the that 'girl'; the last one, the one that nobody wanted to find. The moment she looked in Liz Parker's eyes she realized that she had been told lies her whole life. She was not the bride. She had never been betrothed to Max Evans, the King. She was just made to hide the jewels, the true gem.

A solemn tear rolled down her porcelain skin. She was a person, too. Why did she have to be subjected to all this pain? It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair. She was just a alien hybrid who didn't have a family, who didn't have anyone in the whole entire universe that cared about her. The tears started to come faster and faster. She sobbed so hard that her body started to shake uncontrollably. She had never cried so hard in her life. Somehow, she managed to shut off the water and grab a towel. She scrubbed it hard against her fair skin, trying to wipe off the caste that was her. She tried to wipe off the pain, the despair, the unhappiness... by that time she was completely dry, and she couldn't do anymore scrubbing. She wrapped the towel around her petite body and tucked a lock of her blonde curls behind her ear. She realized by now that Max would never love her like he loved Liz. She would always be 2nd best, and she didn't want to settle for 2nd best. She wanted somebody who loved her, and only her. But who was that person?

She heard the front door slam and she slipped on a aqua shirt and a black skort. Maybe clothes would make her more beautiful.

She closed the bathroom door quietly and there he was, Kyle.

"Hey, Tess." He called out, flopping down on the couch.

"Yeah, hi Kyle." She sat down next to him.

He looked up and saw the dry tears on her face. He had never seen her cry. He took his finger and traced it around her cheekbones, trying to wash away the tears. She smiled weakly at him.

"We're kind of the same." He said quietly. "You know, we... we both lost what we wanted. And we're angry, because we feel like we got the short end of the stick."

Her bottom lip trembled as his words flooded her mind. "I know what you mean."

"Tess?" He asked.

Tess. Tess. That was HER. Herself, not that 'girl', not the 'fourth wheel', not the lost one. "Yeah?"

"You know what you remind me of?"

"What?"

"A diamond in the rough. Not sleek or smooth or shiny, but cracked around the edges. But that's reality, and it makes you real."

She smiled. "Really?"

"Really." He replied, wiping away the remnants of tears. "You're my diamond in the rough."

Tess smiled. Her destiny wasn't with Max Evans, but maybe, just maybe, her destiny would be better than she could have expected.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.