FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 1
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Are you sure about this?" Liz asked, shifting Jacey to her other hip. "This isn't the nicest place we've looked at."

"It's all we can afford." Max said apologetically. "Surely we can stick it out for a year or so until I can get a better job."

He reached over and tickled Jacey's belly. A huge smile, revealing two new teeth, spread across her face. "Hi there, cutie." He said.

Jacey let out a giggle and reached for Max. He took her and kissed her cheek.

Liz smiled. Jacey was so much like Max. Every time she smiled, Liz could see his smile. Even now at six months old, she could see that Jacey was going to be just like Max. She was curious, quiet and at times could be very mysterious. Yet she loved everyone and trusted completely. She never met a stranger. Most children her age wouldn't dare let a stranger hold them. Not Jacey, a stranger was her best friend. Liz walked over to Max and let her hand fall onto his empty arm. "I guess you're right." She said, placing a kiss on his lips. "Once we're done with school we'll be able to get something better."

"What changed your mind?" He asked, pulling her close.

"I was just thinking." She began. "No matter where we live, I'll be happy as long as I have you and Jacey. You're all that matters to me."

Max placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She smiled. She reached over and pushed a small strand of Jacey's dark hair behind her ear. "And I love you too!" She said, kissing her cheek.

Jacey giggled and a small spit bubble formed on her lips. A grin spread across her face.

Liz laughed. "You're daddy's little girl aren't you?" She asked.

As if to answer, she laid her head down on Max's shoulder.

"When I think about how close I came to never seeing her." His voice trailed off.

His mind began to drift over the events that had happened over the last two years. His body would tense every time he thought about them. How he almost lost Liz, how he almost didn't get to see his daughter, and how he was almost stuck living on Aardon.

Aardon. The words just made him cringe. How could they all have believed they would be returning to their planet for a visit? When he thought back, Max could see some troubling signs. It was odd how his father had contacted them out of the blue to return. It was what he, Michael, Isabel and Tess had always wanted. But when they landed and were told they'd never be allowed to leave, their entire world collapsed. Thanks to Taye, they were able to get back to earth to be with their loved ones.

Max smiled. Then there was Maria. He and Isabel had learned that she was part alien, and their sister. Max hadn't believed it, even denied it at first. Isabel was the exact opposite, believing from the beginning that Maria was one of them. She stood by her when no one else would. Their powers were even stronger when they were together. It had taken finding their fathers to prove to Max that Maria was really his sister. After that, he was unable to think of her as anything but. She and Isabel were forced to kill their father, who was then returned to Aardon. They had learned the "Tess" that was living amongst them was not the real one. When the real Tess was found, she was nothing like her counterpart.

Max's smile faded as he shifted a sleeping Jacey to his other shoulder. Then had come their fateful trip to Aardon. Much of their past was revealed on the trip. Michael found out that Tess and Taye were his siblings and he, Isabel and Maria had learned of Ian, their brother. Max couldn't believe that Ian had turned out to be so mean. He had always thought that he'd be closer to a brother if he had one. He knew now that would never be. Ian had killed Nasedo and Max couldn't forgive him for that.

Taye was something else. He bonded with the five of them in Aardon and returned to earth with them to avoid execution. Max was envious of Michael having a real brother. He had become so accustomed to Michael coming to him for advice. What would he do now that Taye was there? Would he forget all about Max?

"Max?" Liz asked.

Max looked over at her. She was so beautiful. Her dark hair drawn up into a ponytail, her deep dark eyes. He knew his daughter would be as beautiful as she was someday. He let a smile slowly creep across his face. "What?" He asked.

"Are you OK?" She asked. "You just seem so sad."

"I was just thinking about everything we've been through. It's about time something went our way." He pulled her close and turned to the woman standing next to them. "We'll take it." He said, confidently. "We'll make it work."

"You can move in tomorrow if you wish." The lady said. "Have your deposit to me sometime this afternoon." She turned to leave, but stopped before she got to the door. "You seem very happy together. Good luck."

Max smiled. He waved good-bye to the lady and then looked down at Liz. "Just think, by this time next week we'll be living in our own home and you'll be Mrs. Liz Evans."

Liz slipped both arms around his waist. "Or you could be Mr. Max Parker." She said, giggling.

"Whatever you want." He said, smiling. "But think of the trauma you'll cause our daughter. She'll have to explain why her name is Jacey Marie Evans and her parents are Liz and Max Parker."

Liz laughed. "You're right." She said. "She'll have enough to deal with as is. By this time next week, I'll be Mrs. Liz Evans."

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.