FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 30
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"What time is everyone supposed to be here?" Michael asked as Maria ran past him.

"Anytime," She said quickly. "See if Isabel needs anything."

Michael rolled his eyes and turned towards the living room. Isabel and Maria had decided to throw a welcome home party for the babies. She had been running wild through his apartment all morning. Isabel had joined her as soon as she'd arrived. He and Alex had been on baby duty, but now Isabel had finally set down. Michael sat down beside her.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, reaching over and touching the babies hand. "Hi Jodi." He said to the baby.

Isabel smiled. She couldn't remember Michael ever being as gentle as he was with Logan, Jacey, and Jodi. "Nope, I'm perfectly fine." She said. "Here, I'll go see if Maria needs any help." She handed Jodi to Michael.

As she walked by Alex she bent down and kissed him. She'd never loved him anymore. She continued into the kitchen.

Maria was standing at the sink doing the dishes that were left. She hadn't heard Isabel walk in.

"I can't believe Michael." Isabel said.

Maria jumped. "You scared me." She began. "Liz and Max here?"

"Nope, not yet." Isabel picked up a towel and began to dry the dishes as Maria put them in the dish drainer.

"Michael is so good with Logan." Maria began. "I feel bad because he doesn 't get to see her all the time."

"Why don't you guys move in together?" Isabel suggested. "I mean, he has his own place so really there isn't anything stopping you."

"Except for the fact that he hasn't asked me to move in." Maria said.

"Oh, I see." Isabel said. "I'm sure it's going to happen soon. I can feel it."

The two continued doing dishes in silence for a while. "Should we tell Max about what happened to you and Jodi?" Maria asked suddenly.

Isabel shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know." She began. "I don't want to worry him, yet if they are close, then he needs to know. We have to be ready for them."

"I think we should. Liz is pregnant too. They may go after her if they know she is carrying Max's baby." Maria said, concern clouding her face.

Isabel nodded her head in agreement. "Alright, we'll tell him. But lets wait until after supper. I just don't want to dull the happy atmosphere."

"Good." Maria said, handing her the last glass. "I know everything will be ok."

There was a knock on the door.

"Guess that means they're here." Isabel said putting the glass into the cabinet.

"I have to get Logan." Maria said, brushing past her. "I'll meet you out there in a second."

Maria left the kitchen and went into Michael's room. Logan was fast asleep on his bed. She leaned over and picked her up, kissing her gently on the forehead. "Hey, you." She said quietly. "You've got company. Wake up sleepyhead."

She carried her out of the room and into the living room. She was surprised to see Kyle and Tess standing there. "Hi guys." She said, setting down beside Michael. Isabel, Jodi and Alex were sitting on the love seat. "Have a seat."

Kyle sat down in the chair and pulled Tess onto his lap. "How are the three of you doing?" Tess asked, looking at Isabel.

Isabel smiled. "Jodi and I are doing fine." She said. "Alex, well I think he's having a hard time adjusting to two loud mouth women around him all the time." She smiled at Alex.

"Yeah, you should hear Jodi cry." He began. "I pray to God she never learns to talk because she will not shut up." He smiled. "But I guess she gets that from her mom."

Isabel nudged him playfully in the side. "I will throw something at you." She said laughing.

Tess got up and walked over to Isabel. "Do you mind if I hold her?" She asked.

"Of course not." Isabel said, handing Jodi to Tess.

She loved all three of the babies. Jacey had been the first baby she'd ever held. She was scared at first, but Max assured her everything was ok. Then Maria had Logan. It was almost a daily routine that she had to hold her niece. And now Isabel had Jodi. Her heart ached for a child of her own. But she knew it was too soon. She couldn't go down that road again. "She's so beautiful. Alex, are you sure this is your kid?"

"Ha Ha, very funny." He said in a mock tone. "I think she looks just like me." He said.

"Poor kid." Isabel smiled.

Tess handed Jodi back to Isabel and returned to Kyle's lap. They spent the next hour talking, waiting on Max, Liz and Jacey to arrive.

"The pizza's almost done." Maria said. "I wonder what's keeping Max and Liz."

No one seemed to know that answer to the question. It wasn't long before they heard a car pull up in front of the apartment. "Must be them." Alex said.

A knock on the door confirmed their suspicions. Michael stood up, walked to the door and opened it.

Max and Jacey were standing outside the door. "Hi guys." He said smiling. "Liz wouldn't happen to be here would she? I've been waiting on her for over 2 hours. She was supposed to meet me at home. She had a job interview this afternoon. She didn't show up. I thought maybe I got confused on where I was supposed to meet her."

A cold chill ran down Isabel's spine. Maria felt it too. There was something too wrong about the situation. "No, she's not here." Isabel said.

"Do you care if I leave Jacey here?" He asked. "I'm going to go look for her."

"No, she's fine." Michael said, extending his arms. "Come here, cutie." A smile formed across Jacey's face exposing her dimples.

"Max," Maria said quickly. "Isabel and I want to help."

"It's ok." Max began. "I'll find her."

Tess had picked up on the fear in Isabel and Maria's voice. Something was going on that she wasn't fully aware of. "Michael, Kyle and Alex can handle Logan, Jodi and Jacey. Let us help. Please!" Tess said.

Max smiled. "Thank you." He said.

"I'll take Tess." Maria said. "You go with Max." She walked over to Isabel. "You have to tell him about Jodi." She whispered. "Liz could be in danger."

Isabel nodded her head. "Let's go."

Maria and Tess raced out to her car and got in. "What's going on?" Tess asked. "You and Isabel looked like you'd seen a ghost."

"It's a long story." She began. "Something happened to Isabel when she had Jodi. I think that Jennifer was telling the truth. Ian's men have found us and they tried to kill Jodi."

Maria didn't need to say anymore. Tess knew exactly why Isabel and Maria looked sick. "You think they have Liz, don't you."

Maria shook her head. "All I know is that we have got to find her now. She and the baby are in trouble and I know it."

Index | Part 31
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.