FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 32
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Max brushed the loose hair from Liz's face. Tears were in his eyes. He couldn't imagine what Liz had been through. His hand covered a large gash on her arm. He'd tried healing her, but it wasn't working. Maybe he was too emotional to do it.

"Stay with me, Liz!" Max whispered. "I can't loose you. Not Now. After all we've been through together."

There was no response from Liz. It was almost as if she was in a deep sleep. He held her hand in his. He'd never realized how delicate it was. He traced each finger remembering everything about her from the moment they' d met. He gathered himself and formed a connection. It wasn't a connection to heal her, but to communicate with her. He began to send flashes.

Liz in her cupcake dress in third grade.

Liz laughing on her dad's lap.

Liz hugging her mom.

Liz beginning high school.

Max saving Liz.

Liz protecting Max.

Liz hugging Max after Grandma Claudia died.

Their first date.

Their first kiss.

Discovering the orb.

Their destinies.

The day they found each other again.

The first time the slept together.

Max leaving Liz for his Home Planet.

Max returning to find Liz with Jacey.

Images of Jacey from the time she was little until now.

Maria

Michael

Logan

Isabel

Alex

Jodi

Tess

Kyle

Taye

Their new apartment.

Their wedding.

Their honeymoon.

How both he and Liz had reacted to the news of the second baby.

"Those were some of the best times of our lives, Liz. Just think of all that lay ahead." He thought.

As if she'd understood, he began to receive flashes.

Max holding Jacey.

Max holding Liz.

Max kissing Liz.

Their wedding.

But then the flashes changed, becoming darker.

A man waiting for Liz as the Crashdown.

Liz laughing with the man.

Liz getting up to leave.

The man attacking her.

First a blow to the head.

Then thrown into the counter.

Liz lying crumpled on the floor, crying.

The man repeatedly kicking her in the side and stomach.

The Crashdown door opening.

Taye.

Taye jumping on the man.

The man hitting Taye over the head with a napkin holder.

The man running from the building.

Taye.

Taye.

Taye.

The flashes were nothing but of Taye anymore. Max disconnected himself from Liz. He looked farther behind the counter. He knew what he'd find even before he saw the shoes. "Taye!" Max yelled.

This was not happening. Max bent down and kissed Liz gently. "You have to make it." He said, his voice shaky. "You've saved me and now it's my turn to save you." He glanced at Taye again. "You just saved Taye's life too. You can't leave me and Jacey. We need you too much." He wiped away a tear. "I have to check on Taye. I'll be right back. I love you."

He gently placed her head on the floor and released her hand. He didn't want to leave her but he knew she wanted him to help Taye.

Max knelt next to Taye. He was out cold. There was a gash on his head where the napkin holder had hit. Max put his hand on the gash. "Come on Taye. Help me out here, bud." He said aloud. Slowly the gash began to close. Within seconds his eyes began to flutter.

"Liz?" He whispered in a scratchy voice. He started to get up but Max pushed him back. "You've got to stay still. Helps on the way. I'm going back to Liz. She's not responding to anything yet." Max stood up.

"Max I tried." Taye's words trailed off.

"I know you did." He said, reassuringly. "Just stay still."

Max moved back over to Liz. He tried to heal the gash on her arm again but it didn't work. "Damn it!" Max yelled.

"What happened?" Taye asked.

"I can't heal her." He replied, sounding defeated.

Taye raised his voice enough for Max to hear him. "She's been hurt badly. You're too emotionally attached. You'll have to combine powers to save her." Taye was quiet a moment. "I think I can help." Slowly he inched his way towards Liz. Each move sent pain through his body.

"Taye, stop. Isabel will be her soon." He shouted.

He ignored Max. It wasn't long and he was at Liz's side. "Give me your hand." He said, reaching for Max.

"Taye you can't do this." Max said.

Taye shook his head. "We can't heal her but we can make her conscious. I have enough strength." But what Taye didn't tell Max was that it would also cause him to relapse into a comatose state. He would be giving Liz every ounce of strength he had.

Max reached over and took Taye's hand. Each of them took one of Liz's hands. The connection was formed easily and Max began trying to make her regain consciousness. He repaired the broken blood vessel and broke the connection.

Liz's eyes fluttered open. She looked from Max to Taye.

A smile formed on Taye's mouth. "You'll be ok now." He said. Suddenly he fell backwards.

"Taye!" Max yelled. He tried healing him but he'd lost all his strength. Healing Liz had drained him. "Stay with us, buddy. Isabel will be back soon."

Max turned back to Liz. "I thought I'd lost you." He said softly, tears in his eyes.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Evans." She said, forcing a painful smile.

He pulled her into a position where he could hold her. "Liz, what happened?"

"I don't know." She said slowly. "I don't remember." She looked at herself. "The man I met with.he knew Ian. I told him my husband was his brother. Then he attacked me. I didn't do anything to him."

Max hugged her close as a feeling of hatred for his brother clouded the room. "Shhh.you're ok now." Max said. "I'm here."

The door to the Crashdown swung open. Isabel, Maria and Tess walked over to Max.

"Liz!" Isabel cried. "Are you alright?"

Max shook his head. "She's fine for now. You guys have to heal Taye."

"Taye?" Tess asked. Then she noticed her brother lying on the floor. "Oh my god, Taye!" She shouted.

"Tess calm down. I need the three of you to listen to me. You're going to have to combine your powers to heal him. Then the four of us are going to finish Liz." Max said. "It has to be combined power. Taye says so."

The three girls looked at him. Tess knelt down behind her brother while Maria and Isabel knelt at his sides. They joined hands and connected instantly with Taye. Within minutes Taye was fully conscious again.

"Are you ok?" Tess asked, hugging him.

He tired to force a smile. "I'm fine. You need to help Liz now. I'll be ok."

Tess turned to where Isabel, Maria, Max and Liz were on the floor.

"Alright," Max began. "Don't worry about the bruises, just get anything that's broken." They connected to Liz and slowly began to heal her. When the connection broke she sat up.

"Liz no, lay down." Max yelled.

She smiled at him. "I'm fine Max." She said comfortingly.

Isabel glanced at Maria. There were tears in her eyes. She wondered if Maria had seen the same thing she had. She figured she had because she could feel the sadness radiating from her. She looked towards Liz and their eyes met. There were tears in her eyes also and a sadness that resembled Maria's. It was then that Isabel figured out Liz knew something was wrong.

"Let's get out of here." Liz said slowly, placing her hand over her stomach. "I just want to go home."

Part 31 | Index | Part 33
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.