FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 33
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Alex!" Kyle yelled. "Have you seen Jacey? I can't find her."

Alex had to laugh. Kyle had absolutely no clue about kids. Jacey couldn't even walk. She couldn't have gotten far. He stood up and handed Jodi to him. "Don't loose her." He said smiling. "I'll look for Jacey."

Kyle looked down at the baby he now held in his hands. He was afraid to move. "Alex, what do I do?" He asked seriously.

"Just sit down and hold her. That's about all she's good for right now. It 's not all that hard." Alex disappeared into the kitchen.

Kyle looked down at a sleeping Jodi. "I guess it's just you and me kid." No sooner than he'd said it her tiny eyes opened. Slowly from within, a cry started eventually turning into baby screams. "Shhh." Kyle pleaded. "Don't cry. Be a big girl. ALEX! Jodi, don't cry." He shifted her position but she only cried harder. "I am never having kids." He said aloud.

"She may need her diaper changed." Alex called from the kitchen. "Her bags on the floor by the couch."

Kyle looked from the baby to the bag to the kitchen and then back to the baby. "No way am I changing her." There was no response from the kitchen and Jodi's crying seemed to be getting louder and louder. "Damn it, Alex." Kyle said, under his breath. He stood up and went to get the diaper bag. He sat down on the couch laying Jodi right beside him. He pulled a diaper out of the package. "How am I supposed to know which is front and which is back?" He shouted over the baby's cries.

"Tabs go in back." Michael yelled from his room. "Don't forget the powder and wipies."

Kyle looked down at the crying baby. "Wipies?" He said. "What the hell are wipies?" He dug through the bag and pulled out powder and a thing of wet wipes. "Here goes nothing." He said. He quickly removed her diaper. "Damn girl!" He said smiling. "How could someone so tiny make such a mess?" He reached over to get the diaper. Tabs! Tabs! Tabs! How could he tell which ones were tabs? Jodi's cried had subsided. Kyle looked down in time to see her pee all over the couch. He could have sworn he saw a grin on her face. "Oh, geez! Michael! She peed on the couch."

A small snicker could be heard in the room. "Clean it up!"

Kyle looked down at Jodi. "You think that was funny don't you." He said, tickling her chin. He finished putting the diaper on without any other problems.

Alex came back into the room. "Thanks." He took the baby from Kyle and sat down in the chair.

"Where's Jacey?" Kyle asked.

"Last time I saw her she was crawling towards Michael's room." He said.

Kyle stood up and headed towards Michael's room. He turned to Alex. "If she's in here, then why were you in the kitchen?"

Alex laughed. "I was fixing me a sandwich."

Kyle rolled his eyes and entered Michael's room. He saw Jacey sitting up next to Michael on the bed chewing on the remote. He saw Logan lying in the crib next to the bed. Jacey crawled over beside Michael and lay down. A smile formed across her dace as she pushed the buttons on the remote. He watched as Michael began to tickle her. Laughter from both Michael and Jacey filled the room.

"Sounds like you two are having way too much fun in here." Kyle said, walking up to the bed.

Michael smiled and set up. He picked Jacey up and set her beside him. "You 're my buddy aren't ya, Jacey?" Michael said. A smile formed across her face as she looked at Michael. "Give me a kiss." He bent down and she kissed him. "I think Kyle's here to put you to sleep." He handed her to Kyle. "She may need her diaper changed." He said with a laugh.

"She can wait for her mom and dad to get here to have it done." Kyle said, half jokingly.

"Don't worry." He smiled again. "I changed her already. She's good to go."

"Thank God!" Kyle replied. "Remind me NEVER to have kids!"

Michael smiled. "When you have a kid of your own it'll be different. You' ll know just what to do. You'll know what every cry stands for and what every whimper means. It's the greatest feeling in the world." He looked towards the crib Logan was sleeping in.

"You're a great dad, Michael." Kyle began. "It shows with the way you handle Jacey."

"All in good time buddy." He said, slapping Kyle on the shoulder. "All in good time."

He looked down at Jacey. "Let's go doll face. I better have you asleep before you're mommy and daddy get back."

Michael looked at the clock. Almost four hours had passed. "I'm getting worried Kyle. There's been nothing from any of them for hours."

"Taye hasn't been around either, has he?" Kyle asked.

Michael shook his head. "Last I saw of him he was going to the store. I think something's wrong. If they're not back in an hour I'm going looking for them.

Kyle looked down at Jacey. It was as if she could sense their fear. He looked at Michael. He knew it was his turn to comfort Jacey. He kissed the top of her head. "Come on Jacey. Let's go take a nap and everything will be ok when you wake up."

Michael smiled. Someday Kyle was going to make a great father.

Part 32 | Index | Part 34
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.