FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 35
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Where have you been?" Michael asked as Isabel, Tess, and Taye came through the door. "How did you end up with them?" He asked Taye. "And where is Maria?"

He could tell Isabel had been crying. It wasn't often that Isabel let herself look that bad. Mascara ran down her face. Her eyes were swollen and blood shot. He walked over to her and ran his hand down the length of her arm. "Is?"

She began to cry. Everything about the evening came rushing back to her.

Michael wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "Go get Alex." Michael said to Taye. He watched Taye leave as he continued to hold Isabel. "Tess what happened? Where are Max, Liz and Maria?"

Tess looked away. "They were right behind us." She began. "They should be here soon. It was awful Michael." Tears began to fall. "Liz was badly beaten and Taye tried to save her."

"What?" He asked startled. "Who beat her? What happened?"

"I only know what I saw and what Taye told us." She began. "When he arrived at the Crashdown there was a man attacking Liz. He tired to get him off but the man turned on him. Taye was knocked unconscious and the man fled. Then Max and Izzy found Liz. It took Max, Maria, Isabel and I to heal both of them. If Max wouldn't have found them when he did." Her words trailed off as her tears continued to fall.

"Come here." Michael said, extending an open arm to his sister. He hugged both girls tight. He didn't want to see either of them in pain. But he felt they were leaving something out.

"Isabel!" Alex exclaimed coming into the room.

Michael released Isabel and she threw her arms around Alex.

"Hey, shhh.it'll be ok." Alex comforted.

"I should have said something earlier about Jodi. Maybe this all could have been prevented." Isabel cried.

"No, no this is not your fault." He took her face in his hands. "Listen to me. You couldn't have prevented it even if you tried. Maybe the two aren't connected." Alex kissed her forehead.

"They are connected. The man who attacked Liz works for Ian." Isabel said.

Kyle emerged from the back room with Taye close behind. "Tess, Taye told me what happened, you ok?" He asked as she wrapped her arms around him. That told him all he needed to know.

The door to the apartment opened and in walked Maria. Michael went straight to her. She buried her face into his chest and cried.

"Where are Max and Liz?" Michael asked softly.

Maria pulled away and wiped at the tears in her eyes. "They wanted to go home. They have a lot to talk about." Her eyes met Isabel's. "We're keeping Jacey tonight."

She looked around the room. Everyone was there except the babies. A chill ran through her body. "Who's with Jacey, Logan and Jodi?" She asked suddenly.

"Don't worry about them, they're all asleep in Michael's room." Alex said.

She turned, followed by Isabel and ran to the room. They both peered into the crib. Maria felt her tension ease as she saw Logan and Jodi lying side by side. But where was Jacey? She began to panic. She hadn't seen her when she came in, and she wasn't asleep in the crib. This could not be happening.

Michael was the first to notice Maria starting to hyperventilate. "Maria, what is it, what's wrong?"

She barely managed to squeeze out the words. "Jacey."

Michael placed his hands on her shoulders and guided her over to his bed. He pulled back some covers to reveal the dark-haired baby.

Maria let out a long breath and sat down on the bed. She pushed Jacey's hair back out of her face. Isabel sat down beside her and touched Maria's arm. Maria knew Isabel knew the truth. "Don't ever leave the babies alone." Maria began. "Not even for just a second." She ran a finger down the side of Jacey's face. "It's too risky."

"What are you talking about?" Kyle asked. He wasn't sure he was following. "They were fine."

"This time!" Maria exclaimed. "Next time we may not be so lucky."

"She's right." Isabel began. "Ian will stop at nothing to get revenge. And he'll hit us where it hurts first." She said.

"The babies." Alex finished.

"Exactly." Maria said.

"How do you figure?" Michael asked kneeling on the floor. He took Maria's hands in his.

Maria looked at Isabel who nodded her head. "Because it's already happened, Michael." She said. "Ian wasn't after Liz tonight."

"I don't get it." Kyle added.

Maria looked down. When she finally looked up there were tears in her eyes. "He was after the baby." She said through tears. "Liz lost the baby."

Part 34 | Index | Part 36
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.